This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    After all fear is only False Evidence Appearing Real....isn't it?

I actually have never heard that one before! Thanks! *makes a note to use it around kids*

Hey, BamBam! Just finished watching The Fog of War and WOW! I just never knew... just look at all the crap I grew up with, but never really knew about! It was pretty eye-opening. Not to mention all those audio files... that, by itself, was amazing. Bravo to Mr. Morris for actually getting his hands on all that info. And bravo to Mr. McNamara for spelling it all out for us. It takes a lot of guts, especially when we're talking about issues like VietNam, nuclear weapons, the Cold War, morality & ethics in war, political point of view... it just goes on and on. Especially today. Thanks for the recomendation. (Still waiting on The Corporation... the local Blockbusters don't carry it, so I gotta get the online store to send it out )

How did you hear about these films? Recommendations?

Comment

Correct......Um Eric.....Ummmmm......related to Chuck? Hello there Aussie girl!!
      Hello Canadian guy

Yup it's one of Chuck's sons He's the stunt coordinator for Prison Break.

Comment

some try to pump themselves up, yell scream, swear....say "come on" over and over again like a WWF performer.....
        It's WWE now....sorry just had to point that out. I'll go back into my closet now. You never saw me talk about wrestling...seriously.

BTW, Tavia is a very pretty take off of Octavia. I love old Roman names. I love Old European names period. Me and the hubs have decided that someday when we are crazy enough to have kids, we'll name our first kid Alexandria or Alexander (Alex for short). At any rate, thanks for all the little Atlantis tidbits...are you doing any stunt work for Continuum? Anything lined up for the off season after Atlantis finish's filming this year? Or still too early for that?

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
        Photobucket

Comment

one thing, thanks for the rain we are getting this coming weekend it is much needed here,

now a small...ish question, if/when the wearther is really bad(as in really really cold or really really rainy) does that keep you from filming a sertain outdoor stunt? if it does, how do you compinstate for that off time?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
            Hmm...Live And Let Die? A View To A Kill? They were both Roger Moore Bonds...
            Ever thought about coming to the UK? (Still working on getting you to P3...)
            Yes!! Live and Let Die!!! That's it!!! I can't believe I couldn't remember the title!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post

I actually have never heard that one before! Thanks! *makes a note to use it around kids*

Hey, BamBam! Just finished watching The Fog of War and WOW! I just never knew... just look at all the crap I grew up with, but never really knew about! It was pretty eye-opening. Not to mention all those audio files... that, by itself, was amazing. Bravo to Mr. Morris for actually getting his hands on all that info. And bravo to Mr. McNamara for spelling it all out for us. It takes a lot of guts, especially when we're talking about issues like VietNam, nuclear weapons, the Cold War, morality & ethics in war, political point of view... it just goes on and on. Especially today. Thanks for the recomendation. (Still waiting on The Corporation... the local Blockbusters don't carry it, so I gotta get the online store to send it out )

How did you hear about these films? Recommendations?
              I have alot of friends...they watch alot of films....Good for you for checking it out....!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1 View Post
                Hello Canadian guy

Yup it's one of Chuck's sons He's the stunt coordinator for Prison Break.
                Have not worked with him.....sorry.

Comment

Hey Babe!

You know I want to ask you a Q, but can't think of anything.... :0(

Comment

Not with me anyway.
                    Heh your smart, this could mean anything! LOL

Q: Do you watch the finished product (the serie SGA)?

Edit/ The "BamBam Hotness" strikes again! ;0) Freezing the Forum
                    Last edited by Snowy; 06 June 2007, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yes!! Live and Let Die!!! That's it!!! I can't believe I couldn't remember the title!!!
                      I hated Roger Moore as Bond...

Comment

It's a strange thing.....every stuntman has his/her own way of dealing with the body's natural reaction to being in a dangerous situation......some try to pump themselves up, yell scream, swear....say "come on" over and over again like a WWF performer.....my thing is, the larger the stunt...that is, the more chance of being close to death there is, the more relaxed and focused I become. I started forming this behaviour on about the second season of The X-Files. I saw different guys doing different rituals to get through their day but I didn't like really anything I saw.....I used to meditate alot while I was training in the martial arts all the time, and I thought of using that to keep myself on track. It occured to me that I would need to be completely aware if performing a large highfall, or death could come knocking real fast. A couple of feet difference could mean life or death so........this whole Zen thing started to happen for me during these times....it starts with a couple of deep breathes and continues with calm concentration. It's actually a great place to be. Your brain automatically tells you, "stop!!! don't jump off that roof!! are you nuts??!!!" All we do is train ourselves to resist that message and jump anyway....in addition to just jumping, we have to also think about where we end up and how(what position...etc.) Fear gets changed into motivation.
                        Wow, great answer, very interesting...thank you !

After all fear is only False Evidence Appearing Real....isn't it?

...as long as you´re not yet composing a haiku while jumping...

Comment

It's a strange thing.....every stuntman has his/her own way of dealing with the body's natural reaction to being in a dangerous situation......some try to pump themselves up, yell scream, swear....say "come on" over and over again like a WWF performer.....my thing is, the larger the stunt...that is, the more chance of being close to death there is, the more relaxed and focused I become. I started forming this behaviour on about the second season of The X-Files. I saw different guys doing different rituals to get through their day but I didn't like really anything I saw.....I used to meditate alot while I was training in the martial arts all the time, and I thought of using that to keep myself on track. It occured to me that I would need to be completely aware if performing a large highfall, or death could come knocking real fast. A couple of feet difference could mean life or death so........this whole Zen thing started to happen for me during these times....it starts with a couple of deep breathes and continues with calm concentration. It's actually a great place to be. Your brain automatically tells you, "stop!!! don't jump off that roof!! are you nuts??!!!" All we do is train ourselves to resist that message and jump anyway....in addition to just jumping, we have to also think about where we end up and how(what position...etc.) Fear gets changed into motivation. After all fear is only False Evidence Appearing Real....isn't it?
                          I agree with that!!getting into the zone!!..when I was competing or grading i would put my ipod on and listen to some heavy rock or someting like that...once i looked around and saw some dude smackin his fist into a wall.. i'd say the only FEAR i have is when breaking..especially with a spinning kick..missing and hitting someone or the cradle for the wood...ive done it before..i was grading a green belt and i had to do a reverse turning kick...the cradle was higher than usual and i missed the wood and smacked the cradle....naturally i failed the grading cos of that one kick..another time it was a metal cradle and i was doing the same kick and missed and ended up cutting up my ankle..not smart having a white suit that day!!!i love breaking now..sorta!!i think i told one of the lower belts in the club to picture the fear on the wood and break through it...or something profound like that

ok i have a question!!!
                          this q came from non stargate universe...i was watching austin powers Goldmember ..the scene with austin and Fat B******..the wire scene??.. how much planning goes into doing a stunt using the wires or using a jerk suit?

Comment

I have alot of friends...they watch alot of films....Good for you for checking it out....!!
                            Cool... so if you're taking recommendations, try Rabbit Proof Fence... it's an Aussie film based on a real story or Bobby... I just rented Bobby, myself, but it was recommended to me by several people.

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                              one thing, thanks for the rain we are getting this coming weekend it is much needed here,

now a small...ish question, if/when the wearther is really bad(as in really really cold or really really rainy) does that keep you from filming a sertain outdoor stunt? if it does, how do you compinstate for that off time?
                              The only time we usually don't shoot because of weather is if we are shooting the same scene from the day before and it was sunny and is now raining........as far as a stunt is concerned, we usually just adjust whatever safety measures that we have to, and do it anyway. In a rare situation of a big highfall for instance, we may have to postpone the stunt indefinately because of strong winds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
                                Heh your smart, this could mean anything! LOL

Q: Do you watch the finished product (the serie SGA)?

Edit/ The "BamBam Hotness" strikes again! ;0) Freezing the Forum
                                I usually check out the first few edits of an episode to see what direction they are taking it in.......In the case of episodes with major fight sequences, I quite often stop into editing to help the editor assemble the pieces as it can be quite confusing without a guide.....depending on how intricate the fight is.

Comment

Working...
                                X