This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Hiya, new to this thread. How are you Bambam...?! My questions relate minutely with the question above by SallyLizzie...

If there happens to be any story for Teyla in S4---is it possible for you to put in some ideas? I ask this because I was wondering if in future we might get some parkour. No weapons needed, just lots of agility and upper body strength. I ask because, we see a bit of this agility and plyometric ability in Rising 2 (when she jumps 3ft in the air), although it may have been aided by strings. We also see aspects of her agility in her fighting scenes with John or the Wraith and in Condemned, and of course with Ronon, throughout S2.

Personally, it would just be cool to see a female traceur...I'm in training to try to become a traceur----and it's definitely not easy, I'm giving myself a year to two (just to get the basics), and as a female it's bloody disconcerting; I feel like the only one trying it! It would rock to see her do some of the tricks and she'd just bloody pwn!! Actually, if the creators of SGA can get David Belle as a wraith to fight Teyla would rock as well!!

Although, I would still like to see more of her figthing with staves or in the Wing Tsun style (interpretation of what I see on screen, I could be incorrect) we see in Lost Boys/The Hive, which I have to say is great choreography; I was wondering if you'd give us a bit extra taking from Rising 2, as previously mentioned. Also, will we get a chance to see any of the fighting styles from Suspicion and Lost Boys in later eps this season?!

+ = Teyla in a McSheppard Pie
    Apparently she doesn't like it!!
    Hmmmmm.......well......David Belle dosn't fight. But I do have alot of respect for what he does. Remember, once a long time ago.....some person wrote a script called Gym Kata. If you can find that movie, and suffer through watching it, you will understand my very painfully valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter
      Hey again BamBam!

I have a silly question - is it easier to break wood or tiles with a palm strike? We would always have this debate in Tae Kwon Do but we never got to try tiles - always wished I could have. (Must confess I was very chicken when it came to breaking the wood and just used to kick it till it snapped...)

Cheers!
      It depends on the tiles, but, usually wood. I have found it to be that way anyway. I have done wood with my head, but not tile.

Comment

Bambam - from curiousity - because you know so many martial arts and of course many of those are derived from asian cultures- do you speak any asian languages? I'm learning Japanese now..........

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
          I liked breaking tiles!

BamBam, do you have a preferred style of kick or punch that you like to use more than another?
          Nope........a kick is a kick....etc. I like to adapt to whatever the situation calls for.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus
            Greetings from Hungary!

It's nice of you to answer our questions. Oh and you did a suberb work on the Stargate episodes so far.

I think the Asurans are awesome villains (although in Common Ground the Wraith was a really interesting character). Did you have a lot of work with them in e.g. the Return two-parter or will you have in the season finale?

Thx.
            Igen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
              Dear James,
              As an employee of such a big franchise do you receive any PR training in how to handle fans (eta - and how to respond to them)?
              Nope............I just wing it. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
                just going to lunch and wanted to send an early congratulations on reaching 100 pages..... yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy yyyya yyyy..

As well i want to send a big thanks to the wonderfull work all the crew and cast of the show does i know its been said before but i dont think that it can be said enough.!!!

keep up the good work...
                kat (sga fan)
                Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ensign M.I.T.S
                  It's a bit you're not here... probably too busy with the latest episodes...

We miss you

and for you the stunt-cow
                  Nice cow........I missed you guys also!! I am in the middle of training Chris Judge, Ben Browder, and an unknown guest actor for several fight sequences in Taion as well as coordinating the cast and stunt people on Atlantis........soooooooooo...........I've been coming home from work and passing out cold. Sorry for being away.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                    In Memento Mori, was that Ben or a stuntman
                    Spoiler:
                    riding on the motorcycle?
                    Both.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus

Good to see you back. Hope your absence means that you have been working hard on more wonderful fights.

Hope you don't hurt your fingers typing too many responses to questions.

I am heading back to enjoy the end of Atantis!

Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                        BamBam you came back!! We were afraid you'd gone for good.

So McKay & Mrs Miller just finished and there wasn't much in the way of stunts that I can recall (but I been drinkin', so...). WAS there something for you to do on that episode that isn't readily noticeable? Or were you doing other things elsewhere?
                        Prepping other things to come.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                          My good sir,

I'm glad someone on the cast & crew of SG1/Atlantis hates shipping too. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know you feel the same way about it. Here - have a free green for just being you
                          Hahaha..........thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                            Bambam - from curiousity - because you know so many martial arts and of course many of those are derived from asian cultures- do you speak any asian languages? I'm learning Japanese now..........
                            Very little............Japenese, Cantonese..........very little.

Comment

Great to see you back again! Many thanks for taking the time to come and talk to us, and for all the great work on the shows!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                                Nice cow........I missed you guys also!! I am in the middle of training Chris Judge, Ben Browder, and an unknown guest actor for several fight sequences in Taion as well as coordinating the cast and stunt people on Atlantis........soooooooooo...........I've been coming home from work and passing out cold. Sorry for being away.
                                Aw, how sweet (((hugs)))

Comment

Working...
                                X