X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
    Oh yes, SLC, I caught that!

Bam bam, *waves* Just a thank you for all your hard work (and the cast and crew all the way 'round). Love all the fight scenes, they are so well done. I don't have a question 'cause my friends ask them first! So, well, this is just gratuitous THANKS.

And I love the spoiler smilies.
    YOU ARE WELCOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelma32
      Hey BamBam.

My dream is to work in the production side of the television industry and I was wondering if you had any tips on how to break into it?

Lots..........too much to quote here.

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
        bam bam i am thrilled that joe likes us his fans..

do you know if there is any developments that will allow joe and rachel to spar again in season 3?
        Not as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
          Hey BamBam,

Seems to be a few people interested in Sheppard and Teyla sparring but I was wondering if there's been any mention of Teyla and Weir sparring. I think I read Torri thought it would be cool for Teyla to give her defense lessons; is that at all likely?
          Not at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_breathing
            Hi BamBam!
            I have a question for you... Can you get me a job on SGA??
            Only joking.. sort of.

OK to my real question, sorry if this has been asked before, but how long did it take for you to coreograph and train Joe and Rachel for that scene in "Hot Zone"?
            I thought that was absolutely amazing and I still watch it in complete awe after a million times through on my DVDs.
            I've always wondered how long it took to get it that perfect and now I can find out through the amazingness (Yep, new word!) of you! Yay!

Thanks!
            ~Bec
            As I recall..........It took me one sleep to choreograph.....I fell asleep thinking about it, and came to work the next day with the concept. Rehearsal time that I had with the actors was about 1 and a half hours I think. The rest is editing.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH
              i have never posted on this thread before i am just wondering if we will get to see any of teylas past in the upcoming episodes or do we have to wait until season 4 as i havent seen any teyla centric episode since season 1 an i am looking forward to seeing another 1
              At the moment, I have not seen any plans for one but I am sure there will be one coming down the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
                I loved this scene too, and the stick fight scene between these two in Conversion. It was so fast, and had such an intensity to it.

BamBam, I'd be fascinated to hear the answer to the same question re Converstion?

I hope you are not put off by the nastiness that seems to have erupted on this thread.
                We appreciate that you come on here and talk to us and answer our questions, and love that you do so with such a fun and playful attitude. *hugs*
                The "nastiness" is very funny to me as I consider the source. Some people have nothing better to do, and their lives are......well........how do we put it.......not happy? Yes, that's the phrase. The scene you are asking about took about the same amount of time, add one hour, as the one in "Hot Zone".

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                  The "nastiness" is very funny to me as I consider the source. Some people have nothing better to do, and their lives are......well........how do we put it.......not happy? Yes, that's the phrase. The scene you are asking about took about the same amount of time, add one hour, as the one in "Hot Zone".
                  Stunned! Amazing - it looks like it would have taken a lot more time to pull off so well! *bows* Kudos to you and the actors.
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    Agreed! Nastiness is a definite no on this happy thread! We love you BamBam
                    I have another question. A few posts ago I mentioned my love of explosions. Presumably, if an explosion occurs on Atlantis, if characters need to be thrown around, you are involved, as are your trusty stuntmen/women. But what about the actual physical explosions themselves? Are pyrotechnical experts in control of this? And do you become involved in that area too? Presumably your stunt guys have to wear protective clothing of some sort, and you need to co-ordinate all of that.
                    I coordinate the stunt guys or actors involved in the explosion, but the explosion itself is in the hands of our Special FX team, headed by the SPFX coordinator Wray Douglas.

Comment

BamBam you came back!! We were afraid you'd gone for good.

So McKay & Mrs Miller just finished and there wasn't much in the way of stunts that I can recall (but I been drinkin', so...). WAS there something for you to do on that episode that isn't readily noticeable? Or were you doing other things elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by shelma32
                        Hey BamBam.

I was wondering when you will be visiting the uk next?

I run, what is to my knowledge, the 1st yahoo group dedicated solely to you and I would like to keep tabs on all your upcoming convention appearances in the calender section, so that your fans will be able to see where they can meet you.

Plus... I really wanna meet you!!!!!!
                        Thank you for your support. I have not conventions booked at this moment. They just have not called. I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships
                          Who doesn't

Bam Bam-
                          So far this season (from the eps that have already aired) has there been a standout stunt that you could call your favorite. Whether you really enjoyed choreographing it and brining it to life, or whether you think it just turned out amazing?
                          Too many, I can't pick one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                            I have started a thread on the Wolf Events site messageboard here to get BamBam invited to Pegasus 2 in london in February. If you and other fans want to meet BamBam maybe you could post there too? You have to register first but that is easy! You could also send them an e-mail!

I know BamBam would like to come and meet us all - but he needs to be invited!
                            Thank you!!

Comment

My good sir,

I'm glad someone on the cast & crew of SG1/Atlantis hates shipping too. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know you feel the same way about it. Here - have a free green for just being you

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                                How much do you consult with the writers and directors when choreographing a stunt sequence? Do they leave you to your own devices or storyboard what they want to see and how they want the scenen to 'feel'?
                                I have answered this several times on this thread previously, but, I have a meeting with the writers, producers, and the director. I ask a few questions that I need to know like how much screen time the fight or whatever needs to be........and then I go off and create something that I would like myself.....usually, they like it too. The first stage, of course, is reading the script front to back.

Comment

Working...
                                X