Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I have no question, but I love it that you guys are in here at 3:30 in the morning answering questions. Thanks.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah well then I'll definatly have to watch it again and pay close attention. Yeah *agrees with Kliggins* I'm begining wonder when you guys sleep

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
      http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Lazenby
        OOOOPS...that's what I get for posting late at night after a brutal training session! My apologies to Mr. Rainbow FRANCKS, and no disrespect intended!

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

Paul
        LOL...I thought it might have been some rude nickname...

So, Paul, are we gonna be seeing you on SGA again??? And what else are you working on atm..?

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Sleep? Isn't that the thing where you lay down with your eyes closed and stop moving for a while? I think I've heard of it...

I don't know if/when I'll be on SGA again. I worked on an episode last week--Bam Bam would be a better guy to ask about when it airs. He's always been more than generous about sending work my way when he can, so hopefully another opportunity will come up at some time in the future.

Last night I did some behind-the-scenes work on the remake of John Carpenter's "The Fog". The lion's share of my work over the past couple of months has actually come from Electronic Arts, where I've been doing motion capture on games like "James Bond: From Russia With Love", "LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth", and "The Godfather". There are some shows coming to Vancouver in the coming weeks that I am hoping to work on, but I don't want to jinx anything by mentioning them just yet.
          Last edited by Paul Lazenby; 28 May 2005, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Sleep? Isn't that the thing where you lay down with your eyes closed and stop moving for a while? I think I've heard of it...

I don't know if/when I'll be on SGA again. I worked on an episode last week--Bam Bam would be a better guy to ask about when it airs. He's always been more than generous about sending work my way when he can, so hopefully another opportunity will come up at some time in the future.
            Hahahahahah! I was going to make some passing comment about beds, then realised that I should probably get my mind out of the gutter... Seriously though, if you ever see a question from me and it's asked at about 2am GMT, ignore it, cos it's bound to be crap...if it even makes sense!

Nice to see that there are people who are tight in the industry - a lot of people are out for themselves I've noticed. I never cease to be amazed by the family vibe that there seems to be on Stargate. But then my dealings in the entertainment industry were mainly with musicians... - say no more...

Hope to see you on our screens again sometime...and BamBam too...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Last night I did some behind-the-scenes work on the remake of John Carpenter's "The Fog". The lion's share of my work over the past couple of months has actually come from Electronic Arts, where I've been doing motion capture on games like "James Bond: From Russia With Love", "LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth", and "The Godfather". There are some shows coming to Vancouver in the coming weeks that I am hoping to work on, but I don't want to jinx anything by mentioning them just yet.
              Didn't know they were remaking that...should probably get out from GW more!

I once did some work on some music for Codemasters in the UK, as I knew someone involved with all that. Computer game work is quite interesting - it's great to see something come together from the ground up. I'm not one for playing them really though. Martial Arts, Stargate and this place are about the only thing that can keep my attention - anything else and I have the attention span of a goldfish, which is so not good for producing music, nor for working in CAD either!

Good luck with the jobs, hope that all works out for you. When it undoubtably does, let us know what it was so we can keep our eye out for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                Nice to see that there are people who are tight in the industry - a lot of people are out for themselves I've noticed.
                Yeah, in spite of the cutthroats whom you inevitably find in any profession, I've met some really good people in this one, and Bam Bam's at the top of the list. Without him going WELL out of his way for me on more occasions than I can count, I wouldn't be working in this industry at all.

Comment

Yeah, in spite of the cutthroats whom you inevitably find in any profession, I've met some really good people in this one, and Bam Bam's at the top of the list. Without him going WELL out of his way for me on more occasions than I can count, I wouldn't be working in this industry at all.
                  Best be careful here...might turn Bam's cheeks permanently red, and swell the size of his head...

(Just kidding James! )

Comment

Ah yeah Paul that's the down side of "the business" I have no burning desire to get back in front of the camera anytime soon even tho I'm offered work I'm happy writing and writing what I want for a change so

You two are like so totally cool, and the one time I met James he was such a sweetie, and not at all hard on the eyes, I love watching you stunt guys work You make it look soooooo easy

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey Mr. Bamford

I hope you don't mind answering this question but having heard all the good times and fun you have working on Stargate. What was the worst/scariest stunt that went wrong for you (one you were in yourslf or one you were coordinating) in relation to Stargate or if by some miracle of god, nothing has ever gone wrong, maybe a stunt that went bad in your career.

Thanks, Keep up the good work!

Comment

Just thought I'd leave Paul a note saying awesome wire work in Chronicals of Riddick, I have yet to see the entire movie but from what I could see it was awesome.

Skipped across White Chicks again today, missed yours and James' part yet again..LOL can anyone say TVio LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
                          Just thought I'd leave Paul a note saying awesome wire work in Chronicals of Riddick, I have yet to see the entire movie but from what I could see it was awesome.

Skipped across White Chicks again today, missed yours and James' part yet again..LOL can anyone say TVio LOL
                          Thanks very much, hon--but most of the credit has to go to the rigging team, who worked their tails off to make the wire gags look good, and to Dean Choe and Bob Brown for coordinating it all. Not to mention the performers including, of course, the ubiquitous Bam Bam, who was up in the air almost every day on one wire or another!

As for White Chicks, our scene is easy to find--it's the first one in the movie.

Comment

Ah no wonder I keep missing it, I keep missing the first half of the movie LOL
                            Like tonight I just watched the first maybe 30 mins of Riddick, I'm a multi-tasker ya gotta keep me interested or I start flipping
                            But guys it was awesome, I'm always in awe of you all when I'm on a set working I'll just stop and watch.
                            I've only gotten to do one stunt in my time, when I was on 18 Wheels of Justice, twisted my ankle falling when the car blew up

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
                              I've only gotten to do one stunt in my time, when I was on 18 Wheels of Justice, twisted my ankle falling when the car blew up
                              This is a long shot, but that wouldn't happen to have been the episode that Bas Rutten and Rob Van Dam were on, would it?

Comment

It might have been, an airport scene. I'm so naughty at getting show info, I just show up and do what the director tells me

Rob sounds familiar but couldn't be sure, I was on so many of those epis

Comment

Working...
                                X