This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grendelsbayne
    According to Tvtome, it was MS, and I doubt Thor would've made any comments like that - it's not his style. I'll take your word that he didn't look like Thor, though - as far as I can tell, one Asgard looks the same as the next... Heimdall was a little more distinctive, but not the rest of them.

I did recall another small speaking part, though, in "New Order" Thor consulted with an Asgard named Pentagel on the progress of the Replicators.
    TV Tome isn't infallible. I'm not sure if Michael Shanks voiced one of the Asgard in "The Fifth Race" but I'm sure neither of them were Thor.

"New Order" featured Commander Aegir aboard the Valhalla and an Asgard councillor Penegal/Penegau (hard to tell) in the city on Orilla.

Asgard that talk and stuff...
    Thor - Michael Shanks
    Heimdall - Teryl Rothery
    Freyr - Brian Jensen
    Loki - Peter DeLuise
    The Fifth Race duo
    The council members (Red Sky and Fail Safe)
    Aegir
    Penegal

I believe that's all the Asgard who've spoken English (there was that one that spoke to Thor in Small Victories)

Comment

MS has to do Thor's voice because the real Thor is mexican!

That's why James Earl Jones does Darth Vader, 'cos no-one would believe a baddy with a west country accent.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Super Bob.
        You mean thor isn't real why didn't someone tell me, all these years. its all a lie.
        Nooooo!!!!! (runs around screaming)

Wait, the producers just want us to think that so Thor's secret doesn't get out. (and no, I'm not crazy)
        Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
          MS has to do Thor's voice because the real Thor is mexican!

That's why James Earl Jones does Darth Vader, 'cos no-one would believe a baddy with a west country accent.
          Luke, Oi aam yurr Faath'rr!

Madeleine

Comment

yes would be totally deffrent if woody allen did the voice of darth vader.
            Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

I don't know if this is considered off thread, BUT, thank you all. I've been reading the posts and you people are totally NUTS! In a great way.....I've been sitting here laughing at the ideas you come up with.

Don't stop, don't ever stop.

And Thor is definitely real, we had a Mocha Latte in Starbucks in Vancouver in April. He took his with with extra sugar.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                I don't know if this is considered off thread, BUT, thank you all. I've been reading the posts and you people are totally NUTS! In a great way.....I've been sitting here laughing at the ideas you come up with.

Don't stop, don't ever stop.

And Thor is definitely real, we had a Mocha Latte in Starbucks in Vancouver in April. He took his with with extra sugar.
                You sure that wasn't one of those crazy protein blocks he threw in there? ;p
                Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
                  yes would be totally deffrent if woody allen did the voice of darth vader.
                  What is so bad is the original actor in the Darth Vader Suit was Scottish, but his accent was so bad and muffeled becuase of the helmet, Lucas didnt beleive anyone would belive him to be the Sith Warrior he was. So that is when he hired James Earl Jones to do the voice.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
                    What is so bad is the original actor in the Darth Vader Suit was Scottish, but his accent was so bad and muffeled becuase of the helmet, Lucas didnt beleive anyone would belive him to be the Sith Warrior he was. So that is when he hired James Earl Jones to do the voice.
                    I met Dave Prowse once (the actor in the suit) - he was REALLY pissed off about them replacing his voice... About the only thing he talked about...
                    Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
                      What is so bad is the original actor in the Darth Vader Suit was Scottish.
                      David Prowse was Scottish? I thought he was Bristolian. He sounded West Country when he was the Green Cross Code man. Or am I muddled?.

Madeleine

Comment

well thors a busy guy and all. you know with the star gate and the x files conventions, and the roswell lawsuit for them using his likeness without permisson. Not to mention movies like A.I. and misson to mars.
                        Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Working...
                        X