Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I Ever Needed to Know, I Learned from Stargate...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All advanced races have no common sense.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The only race capable of intelligent thought, despite what their past achievments or technology implies, are human onces. And in particular, the only human group capable of any truly brilliant thought is Earth.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The best way to get improved performance from co-workers is to threaten them with certain death (C6H8O7 springs to mind)
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Never share your ice cream
          Perhaps Puff

Comment

Never bait an old Jaffa, because sometimes they will kick your ass and gloat about how it was not bad for a man of 133.

Comment

Ancient technology is invariably faulty in one way or another.

How else can the reason why most planets turn out to look the same be explained? The Ancient life seeding/terraforming machine must have got stuck on the evergreen forest, mountain and lake setting.

Comment

the canadian setting
                sigpic
                Doctor Who and Top Gear
                The only thing better would be if I won the lottery.

Comment

-Puddlejumpers left outside for 10,000 years won't be buried by anything more than a few branches and leaves.

-Common rules of geology do not function on other planets. Ancient cities are never buried over time (even when younger cities on Earth are completely covered) and erosion never happens. Ever.

-Aliens do not express body language of any kind, nor do they have any unique gestures as we on Earth have.
                  [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

You can never carry enough C-4.

And no, there's no such thing as C-5.

Yet.

give Cadman some time, she is the bomb expert.
                    sigpic
                    Doctor Who and Top Gear
                    The only thing better would be if I won the lottery.

Comment

Never ever ever use Naqahdriah
                      Never make the first letter of your name/race "A" or you will inevitably die Alterans, Asgard, - unless you slap ascended in front of it!
                      It is VERY VERY hard to kill a certain Tau'ri in the Stargate Universe...
                      Intelligence is just complicated foolishness.
                      When you think you've had enough, throw a Stargate on every human planet in the Galaxy... if you still havent had enough, throw a Stargate into another galaxy, as well as a Supergate ... but add a teleport to a ship and it isnt really exciting anymore.
                      Most planets are just clones of that same forest on Planet Earth. Talk about paranoia!
                      Most episode that begin in 2 or the 2nd last letter of the alphabet are funny.
                      Carter will never hve time to explain relativity to Weir and Kinsey, because there isn't enough time.
                      Keep lemons handy when taking a trip to Atlantis
                      If you want a show series to keep on going, never stop trying to end it, or it will end. Ironic, isn't it.
                      Apart from teleports, Alterans don't have a very good sense of round.
                      Always share, or you will regret it...
                      The Alterans and Asgard aren't very good at keeping the family together.
                      The Furlings made a vital mistake in their development which made them invisible to the universe
                      The Alterans are responisble for EVERYTHING. THey might aswell be GODS. No wonder their cousins the Ori and alleged creation Goa'uld think they are!
                      Egyptian mythology is really cool!
                      Never shake a hungry Wraith's hand, you won't live to regret it.
                      If at first you don't succeed, try Thor. If you still don't succeed , try Carter. Or you could just blow everything up and forget the whole thing happened.
                      I wouldn't be suprised if God was on the highest plane of existence.
                      If a power-hungry enemy is coming your way, tis always good to have a cloak at hand. Shame they didn't send it back 10 seasons!
                      And the moral of the story ... Astria Porta really translates to Pandora's Box - don't open!
                      Last edited by hamatau'ri; 11 October 2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Archeology is the surest way to immortality.

It's not cheating if your spouse has been taken over by an alien.

Death is a temporary inconvenience.

Wraith cuisine is very limited.
                        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
                          Replicators will never go away completely. If they do, just wait because the IOA in it's infinite wisdom will do something REALLY stupid!!!

Like hiring them to work security for stargate command.

Comment

If you don't have a first name, you die.

The person who acts strange will almost inevitably die.

Bullets go in the pointy ends of knives.

Crazy archaeologists who believe that the pyramids were built by aliens are great negotiators - then again, they have a tendancy to be rather moral.

If you buy a red phone you should be able to speak to the president.

you can make stargates with toasters
                            "Wøøf!"

Comment

Gene Therapy = cool

Retrovirus = not cool
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X