This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 Promo

If you recall the promo for the SG1 walk on role, there were several candidates being interviewed by Sam & Sheppard. (I personally like the gymnasts doing backflips.) Ever since then, I've had this scene in my mind that goes something like this...

A base information officer is giving a tour of the SGC...

BIO: "The SGC operates under the tightest of security and with the utmost of seriousness given that the Stargate, the doorway to the Earth, is right here..."

An alarm sounds, sirens go off.

Chevron-guy: 'An unscheduled off-world activation. All guards to the gateroom, standby to seal the base. General O'neil to the control room'

BIO: Don't worry, its just a precaution.

Chevron-guy: 'IDC *NOT* recognized, closing the Iris.'

O'Neil (Rushing in): 'Belay that order, keep it open.'

Chevron-guy: 'But SIR!'

ONeil: 'Belay that order and stand down the guards'

Close up of feet steping through the threshold. Close up of the person's face.
    Medium shot of the person.

Person: 'Somebody order a Pizza?'

(Show date/time stuff)

ONeil: 'Go order your own.'
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

LOL! Very funny!

My favorite bit with those Stargate interview commercials was the guy trying to go through the Stargate. Classic!!
    Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

I like the idea, think it would look real nice. I haven't seen the interview commercial thingys you're talking about though...

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Ive got the one where the guy get rugby tackled the guy tryin to run into the gate.

Can we download this promo sounds good!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Is there any way to get these promos? I'd like to see them..

Comment

It might be on this site:
            http://www.chevron26.com/downloads/video.html

It has all the promos and such

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
            DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
              It might be on this site:
              http://www.chevron26.com/downloads/video.html

It has all the promos and such
              Thanks, I'll check them later.

Comment

http://www.new-atlantis.net/video.html

You can get the get in the gate video i mentioned here.

1000th post...WOOW oh yeah. celebrate good times comeon!
                sigpic

Comment

Of course it'd be nice to see 'outtakes', not the actually bloopers, but one's that are staged a la the Pixar films. Maybe one of the Wraith about to suck the life out of someone saying '...

Wraith
                  'We WILL defeat you, you WILL die"
                  The Wraith then does one of the build up sneezes (ah....ah.....ah....ah....choo!)

Victim
                  'Gusuntite' (sp?)

Wraith
                  'Thank you, got a tissue?'

David H
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

LOL brilliant, here have a rep point!
                    sigpic

Comment

And another one...

Chevron Guy: Chevron 7 encoded

chatter off screen

Chevron Guy: Chevron 8 encoded and locked

Rapidly, Chevron Guy gets up grabs a gun from one of the solders standing nearby. He fires several shots.

Chevron Guy: Get back! Get back!

Chevron Guy goes running down the stairs.

Cut to a shot of the gate room with the Chevron Guy shooting his way in and running up the ram to the open wormhole.

Cut to a close up of the Chevron Guy's face looking over his shoulder back at everyone - O'Neil, Carter, staff personel, etc.

Chevron Guy: Finally! (with MUCH satisfation and a smile & nod)

Chevron Guy turns his head, faces the gate his foot is about to step through the threshold - the wormhole closes.

Chevron Guy's head drops down. He turns around and mopes down the ramp.

Chevron Guy (almost in a Beaver Cleaver gee-whiz, disappointed voice and almost under his breath): I never get to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X