This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
    Hey, they did mention some backstory in season 7. Not a lot, but some.
    The way I saw it, practically every episode except for Revisions involved some sort of reference (overt or otherwise) to previous episodes/characters/arcs. Personally, I liked Revisions: they go out, they find trouble, they save the/a world. Simple and self-contained. Season 6 had a few more (Sight Unseen, Forsaken, Memento). It made me wonder if S7 could draw new viewers or if the new viewers might be left feeling like they missed something. Having watched from Day 1 on Showtime, I have no perspective on this matter.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Freddy vs Jason, cool wonder which villians they'll be
      xXBekXx
      Beware of the evil bunnie wabbits!
      I'm not weird, I'm obscure!
      Hello Kitty wocks!

Comment

The Aschen are supposed to make a comeback in S8. Match them up vs Goa'uld...
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

They are? How?
          xXBekXx
          Beware of the evil bunnie wabbits!
          I'm not weird, I'm obscure!
          Hello Kitty wocks!

Comment

first time I hear of it

Comment

It's mentioned on the Season 8 page at Gateworld. Joe Mallozzi simply said that Brad Wright had envisioned a continuation of the Aschen story and that maybe he'd (BW) develop it. Far from a sure thing.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                Or...maybe he was joking??? That's how I read it, anyway.

Oh I thought he might be joking....it still made me cringe just thinking about it!!

This is really nothing against TPTB (at least from me). They've had a wonderful run, I've enjoyed all seven seasons, some more than others, but I've enjoyed all of them.

It would make me cringe to hear *any* show talking about 12 or 13 seasons, even the shows that I've enjoyed most! It's a very difficult task to take a concept and keep it fresh and interesting for that long a period.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I believe talk of the Aschen showing up in Season 8 was a reference to the fact that the original story arc for the Aschen was a "trilogy," and that there was a "third episode" already floating around in the back of everyone's mind. If that is the case, it would be a shame if we never got to see it . . .

As to the Freddy vs. Jason thing I would much rather see the replicators than Apophis. Bringing Apophis back would really stretch the whole believability factor for me. You could maybe talk me into Anubis. We know the replicators are back, at least for the first part of the season. What about the Retou? Baal is supposed to be a real baddie this season . . .

-tera'ngan
                  nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

I hope they carry on... just to beat the x-files as the longest runniingg sci-fi show. As he said lot's more stories they are thinking of

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                      It would make me cringe to hear *any* show talking about 12 or 13 seasons, even the shows that I've enjoyed most! It's a very difficult task to take a concept and keep it fresh and interesting for that long a period.
                      I agree. I can't see the same basic storyline, cast AND premise continuing on that long. That's probably why they started the spinoff.

Comment

Warning: Annoying large font coming.

HE WAS JUST JOKING AROUND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

It's an interview with journalists, of course he's gonna say stuff like that. The only situation you should worry about his mental state is if he says that here on GateWorld

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I don't even wanna think about how many more "homages" we're going to see. When they start homaging themselves, we'll know they're really in trouble...
                          They already did, in Season 7's Enemy Mine. Remember Spirits?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                            I agree. I can't see the same basic storyline, cast AND premise continuing on that long. That's probably why they started the spinoff.
                            probably. every show reaches a point where

there's so much back story that it becomes ponderous and tedious to keep track of

actors get tired of doing the same job and are ready to leave...taking thier characters with them

like someone said, giving a cast and crew an average raise for so many years eventually budgets a show out of existence.

there are very few shows that can go on for a long time. 60 minutes for example, of course they have no plot to worry about, just stories. Law and Order, they've switched casts how many times???? and there's no shortage of stories for them to base thier stuff on. and we learn just snippits about the individual characters, the show is about the cases
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If Jack/RDA is there, so shall I....RDA forever.
                              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645
                                They already did, in Season 7's Enemy Mine. Remember Spirits?
                                WHAT? All they have in common is that they want to mine a rare mineral from another planet, the plots are nothing alike!

Comment

Working...
                                X