This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by epiphany

They may have ideas but as to them being "good ideas"?
    SNAP! My thought verbatim.

Comment

i don't think the return of the old villian would be the Replicators. they haven't really been a big enemy but more of a threat. i would think Sokar, he had the possiblity of being a good villian, the same with Heru'ur and with his parents killed by O'Neill he has a real good reason to hate earth or even something totally unexpected, an alternate version of Ra

sigpic

Comment

Aschen

Comment

OK, so how about Nirrti and Anubis fight over who gets to keep Jonas?

Comment

"We're looking at the return of an old villain and sort of a Freddy vs. Jason-type throwdown, a big villain-vs.-villain conflict on a cosmic scale,"

Im thinking a huge replicator vs. aschen throwdown

Comment

personally...let s8 be it and turn thier attentions and energies into atlantis.

they can still explore those ideas they have, but with a different and hopefully fresh POV. Let it end while the actors are still here and before we have a 'final season' with only 1-2 of the original actors

don't get me wrong, i love the show, but i would like it to end on a relatively up-note like TNG did than fade away in an anguished whimper like voyager and enterprise
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

they can still explore those ideas they have, but with a different and hopefully fresh POV. Let it end while the actors are still here and before we have a 'final season' with only 1-2 of the original actors

don't get me wrong, i love the show, but i would like it to end on a relatively up-note like TNG did than fade away in an anguished whimper like voyager and enterprise
                I totally agree. End with season 8, keep things open for a possible movie or TV miniseries down the road with the original cast - RDA might consider a one-time deal like that. Concentrate on getting Atlantis up and running.

Never say never but it seems like season 9 or more is really pushing it. Especially without RDA. I know some fans are disenchanted with the way he's playing Jack now, but I still think he's a big draw for a lot of people.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I don't even wanna think about how many more "homages" we're going to see. When they start homaging themselves, we'll know they're really in trouble...
                  They already have, see Icon("homaging" New Ground/100 Days) and at least a few others things in the Season 8 spoilers we have so far.

Comment

wow i am really surprised by these news...apparetly they'd like to continue SG1 for ever....well that won't be bad...as long as have good characters...and i hope the mysterious enemy is not apophis...i'm really interested NOW

Comment

They do seem to be fresh out of good characters and the ones that are still around aren't getting any better.. But all in all most of the series has been enjoyable for me at least. There are a few things here and there I'd like to have been done different but I doubt that if I were involved in making the series that I could do any better than has been done. But that's just me
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]<<"actually, things are sorta set in stone. they've been taping since feb or so, and i'm willing to bet the first half dozen shows or so are in the can, with at least the first 11 written if not more. traditionally they go on their break in june/july, so they're getting ready to wrap things for the half season.">>
                        ................................................................................ .......................
                        What I meant by S8 not being set in stone,in my prev.post ,was not that there mightn't "be" a Season 8! S8 has been a "Go" since last Summer.

I meant that until we get the finished episodes on screen,anything PTB discuss or drop in the way of Spoilers is subject to change.I'm looking forward to S8 and Atlantis, btw,not trying to snark at the show .

Best I elaborate a little more clearly in future.....!
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 May 2004, 04:17 AM. Reason: Trying to make the quote bit clearer!
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Agree with your POV.Stargate TNG,anyone?

I haven't watched Enterprise,so I'll suspend any judgement on the series.

Voyager was rather good ,IMO,but I didn't like the ending and got a bit bored at times during its final Season.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I'm still waiting for CSI: Chulack.
                            LOL! Sounds interesting, though. Hmmmm.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

i just cant wait to see plain and simple, and personnaly i hope sg-1 continues onto an s9 and beyond. hay if it got to s10 it would be the only sci-fi show to make ten seasons and hit a 200th episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                                I'm a fan (still), but I kind of cringed when I saw that 13 year figure. This interview was apparently done when they were collecting their Saturn award for best syndicated show. Maybe it was the euphoria of the moment talking.
                                Or...maybe he was joking??? That's how I read it, anyway.
                                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                                once done, cannot be undone...
                                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                                X