Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

The horizontal scrollbar appears because on the redirect page you have:
    <frame src="index_redirect.shtml" name="top" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling=yes noresize>
    This adds both vertical and horizontal scrollbars.
    If you change scrolling=yes to scrolling=auto, this removes the unneeded horizontal scrollbar (unless content demands it).

Alternatively, you can simply remove the scrolling= bit from that frame code completely as it makes no difference but cause trouble.

But be sure to test the changes in Firefox and MSIE.
    With Opera it is now fine and I'm sure it will be so with the other two as well.

BTW, the scrollbar is shown only at gateworld.net's changing index page, as the other pages on the website are independent (somewhat), they do not get any scrolling= value, only the redirected index page does.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
      FD, I use Firefox and see no horizontal scrollbar. None of our beta testers reported it either, that I recall. Not sure how this would be fixed for the handful of browser that are deciding to display it ...
      I have firefox and I see the horizontal scrollbar

See for yourself
      Spoiler:
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Yeah i have to too.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

FD, I use Firefox and see no horizontal scrollbar. None of our beta testers reported it either, that I recall. Not sure how this would be fixed for the handful of browser that are deciding to display it ...
          I also see the horizontal scrollbar as shown below:
          Spoiler:

I believe 'FatalDreams' has provided the solution to this problem.
          sigpic

Comment

All set. Please give it a reload.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

All set. Please give it a reload.
              Fixed.

Comment

I just wanted to point out a minor problem in the site navigation.

When browsing the episode guides, the advertisments on the right-hand side usually stay on top and overlap the menu. This makes the navigation menu near the right of the page inaccessible.

Its not a big deal though since there are ways to get around it. I just felt like its worth pointing out, thats all.

Here's a screenshot of it happening.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi people,

I just wanted to say that I was on the sets 2 days ago and everybody loved the new design and I was happy to say that it was my work
                  Gilles
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                    Hi people,

I just wanted to say that I was on the sets 2 days ago and everybody loved the new design and I was happy to say that it was my work
                    They should! It's great!

And man, I can't wait for your report about that. I wonder how bummed they are about the recent news.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      They should! It's great!

And man, I can't wait for your report about that. I wonder how bummed they are about the recent news.
                      They are happy that the show went so far, they are not so disappointed or at least they doesn't show it ...
                      Gilles
                      http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                      Ben Browder interview
                      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

The ad sometimes overlapping the right-end of the navigation is a known issue and, unfortunately, something we can't do much about right now.

Comment

How come all of the "Save Stargate" articles and whatnot on GW feature the original team? Aren't there promo shots of the "new" team available for use? And wouldn't it make sense to focus on the new since- if renewed- the new/current team is what we'll be getting?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            How come all of the "Save Stargate" articles and whatnot on GW feature the original team? Aren't there promo shots of the "new" team available for use? And wouldn't it make sense to focus on the new since- if renewed- the new/current team is what we'll be getting?

I was thinking the same thing earlier. That would make a lot of sense....although there are some who are making no sense on the stargate cancelled threads. I have a hard time just keeping up with it.

Comment

Luck of the draw, I bet. I have a dozen SG-1 photos in the news section right now, and I think only one of them is of the new incarnation.

But I'll keep it in mind.

Comment

Hey Darren,

I like the new design too..! On the other hand, I feel a little nostalgic about the old one. Oh well. All things change eventually. I like the added features too. It was nice to see a sci. & tech. column, especially for all of us science nerds. I wouldn't mind possibly submitting something myself at some point, if submissions are welcome. Science is an interest of mine, particularly the theory side of things; and with Science Fiction, theory is a very big thing. I definitely hope to see more of them in the future.

Thanks again for a great place to meet with our fellow fans..!
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X