No announcement yet.

Gatecon 2004: A Backstage Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But at the same time, try renaming the file to anything you want, just make sure you keep the ".wmv" extension on the end.

This worked for me when the file wouldn't download with the name as is. I renamed it and it worked fine.

Comment

I know ppl have been going on about this but i cant watch it i have tried all the downloading techniques waied 4 an hour and i have all the updates i just dont understand why it wont work

Comment

Originally posted by David
        Southern Illinois. 3 hrs to St. Louis, 4 to chicago, counting our delay and overlay, 6 to Vancouver, counting our delay. By that time it had been almost 13.
        I wondered. I knew you were in Illinois, just didn't know where. I'm outside of Chicago, so it was a 3 hour flight direct for me.

pettygrew

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
          My friend might kill me for doing this but I've been PM'ing this link to people:
          *snip*
          He is hosting the movie for me and said that I could have a few people download it.
          While I know you did this as a favor to other fans, Brandie, you might want to check with Darren and David about that. On the Gateworld page which includes the vid itself it says:

"This video is copyright © GateWorld.net, and may not be reproduced or republished in any format without express written consent. All rights reserved."

Comment

Nuked it myself. Hope it was obvious I wasn't trying to exploit it or anything.. just wish they'd put a link to download it on the site instead of forcing it to play on people who don't have the appropriate software

Comment

I know. And it was a nice thought, but you just gotta be careful about that stuff.

Pester D&D about it. Imply that their coding skills aren't up to snuff, see if they'll get all affronted and try to prove you wrong.

(you know I love you guys, right? )

Comment

I would never insult someone else's HTML...

Ok maybe I would but now is not the time for that kind of stuff.

I finally found the site that allows me to send HUGE emails so if anyone would still like the file to be emailed to them, just let me know. I'll do it here from work with the super fast connection

Comment

I just checked with Darren and we'll be putting a link to download the file right where the video can be played now. Everyone please keep their hats on.

Comment

Hat is secure. What about our underwear?

Comment

Sorry, we're staying at eye-level.

Comment

You got it

Thanks for putting up the link btw.. I'm still clueless as to how it didn't work for some people (i.e. downloading the first 5 seconds or whatever and then stopping).

*shakes fist at the internet*

Comment

OK me again....I checked the size of the file and according to what I found it says that it's 31KB...so any ideas on what to try next?

Comment

When our link goes up try again.

Comment

David- any chance of maybe breaking the file down into smaller, easier to digest chunks? I mean, I had no problem with it, but the poor bast- er, people on dial-up are still gonna be stuck gnashing their teeth waiting for the download. Give 'em something to enjoy while they're waiting for the rest of it to finish... and give them reason to keep downloading the thing.

Comment

That's something to check with Darren about. It took several days to do what I did with the video you see. There are other projects I must move on to in order to get what I want done before school starts back and I cut down on GateWorld.

Comment

Working...
                                X