No announcement yet.

Gatecon 2004: A Backstage Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looked like she was going to add something else but got interrupted by Chris or Michael. Betcha she was gonna say she liked the Muppet question.

Comment

OK, I'm sorry and I know that I'm a pest but I still can't get anywhere with this video. When I try to save as Target, it saves it at a HTLM file....what's that mean? I know that I'm on dial up but there is still something wrong. I fully know that it should take a good long while to download but when I try it tells me it's done in a fraction of a second....I even tried to do the renaming thing and that didn't work, I think it's just saving the addy where the video is and not the actual video....this is so frustrating I just want to SCREEM.....

Comment

First off, are you using this link:

Second, if you right-click and go to properties, what file type does it say?

EDIT: NVM the link is dead, bad, kapoot, gone, no more, bye bye, adios, asta la vista, you get the idea. That's why it's saving it as an HTML page, the file no longer exists in that location. The mods are probably updating it. You'll have to wait, sorry.

Comment

OK, I see what your saying, but it's been doing this to me since I started....so will they put it back up? So I can continue to try?

Comment

Don't know, have to wait till a mod is online and ask them. Right now the forums seem a little dead.

Comment

Originally posted by norriski
              OK, I see what your saying, but it's been doing this to me since I started....so will they put it back up? So I can continue to try?
              that's a question for darren. it may be a bandwidth issue

as to amanda's question. it was brought to or by teh actors the differences between fans (very generally speaking) and the types of fiction, ship, slash....and then it had to be explained to chris about slash fic.....and chris even called some of it 'slipper' fiction

course, then the topic slid neatly down hill and got a wee bit bawdy
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The paragraph below is not necessarily family-appropriate.

They began to categorize a little too deeply, going with slashers, shippers, and then (I cut this part out) "strippers," said MS. CJ said "That was just for the pilot, though." Michael started to blush, so I knew not to add that. Plus it wasn't too appropriate.

Comment

If you're talking about GateWorld, the video link is up and has not been down.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

hi
                    the link wont work for me either...still and i'm starting to freak out that it never will
                    so i was just wonderin if you got it or if someone e-mailed it to you , would you be able to e-mail it to me cos i'm desperate now and need a stargate fix
                    my address is [email protected] i would love you forever if you could do this
                    POWDERMYFINGER!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      Southern Illinois. 3 hrs to St. Louis, 4 to chicago, counting our delay and overlay, 6 to Vancouver, counting our delay. By that time it had been almost 13.
                      Cool - where in Southern IL? I'm in Bloomington-Normal. Great job on the video!

Comment

Darren,
                        It still only saves as a HTLM for me...what so I try next?

Comment

are you right-clicking on the link and clicking Save Target As...?

DuQuoin, Illinois - 30 mins from Carbondale, where Don S. Davis went to college, and where I am going now.

Comment

Ahhhh, thanks for that, David. Should make targeting a lot easier.

You're doing the vid next year, too, aren't you? Not that I'd disrupt you while you're on the job, of course, but a few careful asides to a few particular individuals... Might keep life interesting for you.

Comment

You might have the wrong link. Is this what you have?

http://www.gateworld.net/articles/co...2004_video.wmv

Comment

Well, OK, some very minor progress made....I right clicked, did the save as Target and it DIDN'T save it only as HTLM...but while when the "player" screen come up it says there's 38 minutes of video but when I check the properities it says the file is only 12.5 KB....so I'm not getting to whole video....

Comment

Working...
                                X