This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    In a way Shadow--it's better then TBHTIS.
    The Blue Haired Trucker in Spandex?

Blog is still gone. Has anyone actually told Darren about it yet?

Comment

i can't see it and i've used many browsers and many computers trying to on campus.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Ah, this time I actually saw it!

My guess is that it's being caused by Blogger, in some way, shape, or form due to the massive amounts of comments being posted. But never fear -- there is no loss of data. I just have to go in there and republish the main index.

Hopefully Blogger will find its bug one of these days. In the meantime ... 200+ comments in six days? C'mon guys, give the guy a break. Post here in the forum every once in a while, too.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yeah, but 99% of those comments are the nasty, inflammatory, hateful, trollish vomitings of "Anonymous". They couldn't post any of that here because it'd breach the rules, get deleted, get them modded, AND everyone would know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            I blame it on society
            I blame global warming.

Seriously - I'm another who would like the "anonymous" option removed, if possible. I know Joe is a Big Boy who can handle it, but its disheartening to see people being so disrespectful.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              Hopefully Blogger will find its bug one of these days. In the meantime ... 200+ comments in six days? C'mon guys, give the guy a break. Post here in the forum every once in a while, too.
              From what I am told quite a lot of them are from other forums such as scifi
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                From what I am told quite a lot of them are from other forums such as scifi
                If that is the case, can posting on the Blog be restricted to only those registered on GW?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Nope unless they create a custom blog (and that would be difficult to link to gw anyway) - with the current setup no chance the best they could do is get rid of the anonymous setting
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

From the way Darren explained it to me, I got the impression that it was either live with all the trolls, or block everyone who isn't registered with blogger.

Personally, I could live with that. But it's Joe's and Darren's perogatives.

Comment

It's up to Joe, ultimately. If this white-out problem persists I might encourage him to go with Blogger-registered users, just for the sake of reducing the size of the comment threads.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                        It's up to Joe, ultimately. If this white-out problem persists I might encourage him to go with Blogger-registered users, just for the sake of reducing the size of the comment threads.
                        In that case, flame on.

Would be nice to see the trolls get the wind knocked out of their sails. Bit of a sad commentary on the state of fandom, and disappointing that the non-trolls would have to lose out, too, but if it'd end the mess that has become the blog comments, I don't think too many would object. Not the rational folks, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          In that case, flame on.

Would be nice to see the trolls get the wind knocked out of their sails. Bit of a sad commentary on the state of fandom, and disappointing that the non-trolls would have to lose out, too, but if it'd end the mess that has become the blog comments, I don't think too many would object. Not the rational folks, anyway.
                          i'm not sure how i feel about the blog going unanonymous... there's this perverse pleasure in reading jerry springer's - i mean joe mallozzi's blog. but i don't know how much longer joe can deal with it... i mean, it *does* make one sad for the state of ppl in general, not just stargate fandom. but going anonymous gives ppl the freedom of stating *exactly* how they feel, but it also gives ppl the freedom of stating *exactly* how they feel...

win/lose/win/lose situation.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but folks are taking to attacking each other and bashing the actors/actresses... and bashing each other some more. And there's very little constructive ANYTHING in all that mess.

If people are going to abuse their anonymity, they're going to suffer the consequences... and make everyone else suffer, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Yeah, but folks are taking to attacking each other and bashing the actors/actresses... and bashing each other some more. And there's very little constructive ANYTHING in all that mess.

If people are going to abuse their anonymity, they're going to suffer the consequences... and make everyone else suffer, too.
                              true, and that's why i can't make up my mind how i want it to go down.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

the one thing about making it registered bloggers only...they can still make up a sockie to keep their anonimity. usually all registering takes is a name and e-mail...and yahoo has a near limitless amount of e-mails that can be used

yes, stuff can be tracked down to a person, but they can now if someone so wishes. i don't think anything on the net is truly as anonymous as folks think it is

One thing i wish folks would get a grip on, the recent issues with Amanda have nothing to do with him (as far as i know anyway), they're decisions that have come from 'on high' and it's nothing Joe has control over. reaming him accomplishes nothing. (well except for providing a source of amusement. I would imagine that the comments are highly mocked at bridge studios)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X