Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could certainly be wrong, but it seems to be my impressoin that the pages are set up so that the ads load first, then the rest of the page. and if the ads are on a slow server, they slow things down because the rest of the page is bottlenecked behind the ads

does my theory have any validity? dunno, i'm pretty computer illiterate, jsut seems to be how things work to me
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i could certainly be wrong, but it seems to be my impressoin that the pages are set up so that the ads load first, then the rest of the page. and if the ads are on a slow server, they slow things down because the rest of the page is bottlenecked behind the ads

does my theory have any validity? dunno, i'm pretty computer illiterate, jsut seems to be how things work to me
      Your theory is correct. That's the way ad hosts run their ads. Ad hosts pay you to let their ads load on your page. Therefore, the ads load first, followed by your pages content. If Ads are hosted on a slow server, then yes, it will cause your page to slow down, too. Ads won't (or at least shouldn't) affect how users navigate and use your page. (If an ad does effect page usage, contact the Ad host immediately. I ran into that issue once when i hosted ads from a particular ad host, and i've since stopped hosting their ads because they never fixed the problem).

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
        Your theory is correct. That's the way ad hosts run their ads. Ad hosts pay you to let their ads load on your page. Therefore, the ads load first, followed by your pages content. If Ads are hosted on a slow server, then yes, it will cause your page to slow down, too. Ads won't (or at least shouldn't) affect how users navigate and use your page. (If an ad does effect page usage, contact the Ad host immediately. I ran into that issue once when i hosted ads from a particular ad host, and i've since stopped hosting their ads because they never fixed the problem).
        I understand what you are saying but partlutiar ad you roll over sometime the roll stay on and the video starts playing and you hit the close button it stays on and doesn't close. It cover the top part of the page where the FAQ and the rest of down into the top of the first post on the page. That is what I am complaining about.

Comment

greytop, that'd be a question for darren to see if there's something in the ad he can get changed or tweaked.

sigpic

Comment

Thank's, skydiver and also for the PM. It worked.

Comment

glad to hear

sigpic

Comment

I haven't read through any of the posts...I assume you're all talking about RINGERS: Lord of the Fans. I actually wanted to see it for a little bit, then I vowed to never buy it or see it because it would only encourage more of the most annoying ads ever made.

Comment

Skydiver, I still have my flash disable, as you suggested, and it worked for a couple of days. It started up again to day.

Comment

sometimes i still get moving ads and i think those are .gif files

whenever a flash as is disabled, you'll see a little yellow triangle with a gear on top of it in the lower left part of your browser window

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X