No announcement yet.

A New Icarus Planet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I thought of. The Destiny crew was/is looking for a new Icarus type planet out there, and possibly using it as a means to dial home. But how do they expect to actually use the power from the potential new planet to dial??

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
      One thing I thought of. The Destiny crew was/is looking for a new Icarus type planet out there, and possibly using it as a means to dial home. But how do they expect to actually use the power from the potential new planet to dial??
      You would need to channel the power from the core. I suspect they did that the first time by introducing lets say a rod into the core that conduced the electricity.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

You assume that naquadah exists that far out. It wasn't present in our solar system (probably because the Ancients mined every last drop for the gates), but so far we have only found naquadah in the Milky Way and Ida. There is no mention of it being in Pegasus. It is possible that it exists elsewhere in the universe, however it is also possible that it does not.

Comment

It is also poss that the ancients new of a way to combine other stuff to make Naquda..

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
            You assume that naquadah exists that far out. It wasn't present in our solar system (probably because the Ancients mined every last drop for the gates), but so far we have only found naquadah in the Milky Way and Ida. There is no mention of it being in Pegasus. It is possible that it exists elsewhere in the universe, however it is also possible that it does not.
            zelenka mentioned the pegasus gates were made of naquadah, so presumably it does exist there.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
              Taken straight from the transcript:

QUINN: You know for the longest time I was wondering why we never found any Naquadria anywhere else in the galaxy and now I'm thinking it's because it doesn't exist in nature at all.

CARTER: Which would explain why none of the other Goa'uld knew about it until Anubis probed your mind.
              That's not necessary true. The SGC only explored like a few hundred of planets, and the Milky Way has like 200,000,000,000 stars, out of which only like 1,987,690,320 planets have viable gate adress, and not all of them have Gates. The Goa'uld have only explored a small percentage of the Gate network and a small number of non-gate planets. Jonas just had a theory.
              For example, many old chemistry books say that uranium is the heaviest natural occuring element, but this is not true anymore, as plutonium and neptunium traces have been found in uranium ores. While neptunium-239 has a short half life, it appears in nature from uranium-238 when it captures a neutron, which then turns into Pu-239.
              Naquadria decays back into naquadah in about 10k years (Fallout), so naquadria from the time when the star system was formed cannot exist anymore. The conversion for Icarus had to occur sometime during the last 10k years. A nuclear explosion can cause small amounts of naquadah to turn into naquadria. Now an asteroid impact is many times more powerful than a nuclear explosion, and unlike a nuclear explosion it can occur naturally. A cosmic radiation bombardment can also do the same thing (it's how carbon-14 occurs).
              Many things that we have invented, the nature already has them.
              Bottom line, naquadria has a life too short to exist, unless some N phenomenon creates it in the 10k limit.
              It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
              -Dexter-

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                zelenka mentioned the pegasus gates were made of naquadah, so presumably it does exist there.
                They have said that naquadah is quite common throughout the universe. If they were to send a nuclear bomb through the stargate to a planet rich with naquadah (the seed ships probably have sensors that can detect naquadah deposits so they can mine the naquadah for the gates), they may be able to change it to nequadriah. When the environment is stable again, they can theoretically dial Earth. Obviously it's not that simple, but it's a start.

Comment

And ow long will it take for the environ to stablize?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    And ow long will it take for the environ to stablize?
                    I am sure we'll find out first hand soon enough, the way things are going.

Comment

maybe there would be no need for a Icarus Planet. perhaps it could be transformed in the lab 1 day

Comment

With what??

Comment

Working...
                        X