A New Icarus Planet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
    No, they only thought that Naquadriah was only artificial. There was no confirmation either way, until Icarus was discovered.
    Exactly. It didn't occur naturally on Langara, but they didn't say anything about other planets. The transformation can naturally occur.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
      Exactly. It didn't occur naturally on Langara, but they didn't say anything about other planets. The transformation can naturally occur.
      Taken straight from the transcript:

QUINN: You know for the longest time I was wondering why we never found any Naquadria anywhere else in the galaxy and now I'm thinking it's because it doesn't exist in nature at all.

CARTER: Which would explain why none of the other Goa'uld knew about it until Anubis probed your mind.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post

QUINN: You know for the longest time I was wondering why we never found any Naquadria anywhere else in the galaxy and now I'm thinking it's because it doesn't exist in nature at all.

CARTER: Which would explain why none of the other Goa'uld knew about it until Anubis probed your mind.
        Wait, but what are you trying to say using this? That it can occur in nature and that it's just rare, or that it can't occur in nature at all?

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
          Wait, but what are you trying to say using this? That it can occur in nature and that it's just rare, or that it can't occur in nature at all?
          Given the Gou'ld's large occupation of the Milky Way and the complete lack of naturally occurring naquadria on planets not occupied by Gou'ld, I guess I'm using it to reinforce my thinking that Naquadria does not form naturally and must be synthesized from naquadah.
          sigpic

Comment

Given the Gou'ld's large occupation of the Milky Way and the complete lack of naturally occurring naquadria on planets not occupied by Gou'ld, I guess I'm using it to reinforce my thinking that Naquadria does not form naturally and must be synthesized from naquadah.
            Okay. Thank you for explaining *eyes flash blue* lol I wonder how many people will get that reference.

Anyways, I think that it must be transformed from naquadah, but that it may be initiated by a geographical occurrence or other such occurrence that is not intentional.

Comment

Maybe Icarus is where the Gou'ald who worked on Langran got the idea to try and make some.. though why no one else found it i don't know.

Comment

We can't know that for sure, not until TPTB give us a word on it.

IIRC the Lucian Alliance Icarus Planet was home to a Goa'uld outpost prior to their use of it. It stands to reason that it is where Thanos originally discovered naquadria and he used Langara to experiment in creating mine-able deposits.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                  We can't know that for sure, not until TPTB give us a word on it.

IIRC the Lucian Alliance Icarus Planet was home to a Goa'uld outpost prior to their use of it. It stands to reason that it is where Thanos originally discovered naquadria and he used Langara to experiment in creating mine-able deposits.
                  Agreed on the last part.

By the way, I keep seeing this "IIRC" thing. What the heck is it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Agreed on the last part.

By the way, I keep seeing this "IIRC" thing. What the heck is it?
                    hehehe, it's forum slang =D

I think it means "If I recalled correctly"

add TC and OP to the list too, "Original Poster" and "Topic creator" or "thread Creator" =)
                    Last edited by pillwokie; 09 December 2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Yup.. Just like OL (original language), BTB (by the book) TPTB (the powers that be)

Comment

The think with your plan is once connection between earth and destiny is established, the only person who wants to stay would be Rush

i would guess is not very good from a producer point to do that unless you plan to end the series

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          i think it has more to do with them getting some naquadria to make a bomb and start off a chain reaction to make more naqaudria. maybe the langaran scientists have found a way to make naquadria faster.
                          If they hit a single deposit of Naquadriah in the ground the chances of the planet being destroyed are huge. Remember, even small deposits of Naquadah can generate explosions of huge magnitudes. The ideial would be not to use explosions but generate just hard radiation that would start the process.
                          Last edited by Steelbox; 05 January 2011, 02:24 AM.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

you know it is possible that the ancients created the first naquadria

i base this on the fact that the icarus base had a gate on the planet and the set up was ancient to begin with

it follows that the equation that eli figured out were in fact the ancient equations on how to harness the unstable naquadria without it blowing up

and there fore i think that it could be used in our ships to power the weapons and or shields
                            or hyper drives for our fighters
                            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                              you know it is possible that the ancients created the first naquadria

i base this on the fact that the icarus base had a gate on the planet and the set up was ancient to begin with

it follows that the equation that eli figured out were in fact the ancient equations on how to harness the unstable naquadria without it blowing up

and there fore i think that it could be used in our ships to power the weapons and or shields
                              or hyper drives for our fighters
                              icarus did not have a gate on it, JM told us on his blog that the sgc took a gate there after the lucian alliance had been removed.
                              i dont think the equation had anything to do with naquadria, it had to do with the energy needed to dial the ninth chevron, naquadria was just the only way we could do it.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                icarus did not have a gate on it, JM told us on his blog that the sgc took a gate there after the lucian alliance had been removed.
                                i dont think the equation had anything to do with naquadria, it had to do with the energy needed to dial the ninth chevron, naquadria was just the only way we could do it.
                                Probably. The dialogs surely back that statement up.

Originally posted by Nicholas Rush on Air Part 1
                                Now, as you know, up until now, we have been unable to channel the precise amount of power necessary to unlock the Stargate's ninth and final chevron. However, thanks to some ingenuity from young Mr Wallace here, that problem has finally been solved.
                                Surely the gate would handle some overfeed of power no problem but it is wise not to overtax the Naquadriah core.
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X