Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too wide to.

Comment

Who knows what happened. My guess is the absent shuttle has something to do with the Nakai, either they managed to board Destiny at one point and maybe had to flee on the—now missing—shuttle. Or maybe they attacked Destiny at one point and either damaged the docking clamps for the shuttle (causing it to incinerate the next time Destiny launched into FTL) or they destroyed the shuttle directly.

I doubt it's missing because of the Ancients though, canonically they never went to Destiny, and it would seem odd that they just decided not to build three shuttles even though they have three parking spaces. Unless one was an auxiliary docking point of some sort in case another was damaged or blocked.

Comment

Or the seed ships were also supposed to have one, and shuttles could go back and fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Or the seed ships were also supposed to have one, and shuttles could go back and fourth.
          That's a good guess, that probably makes more sense than anything else.

Comment

The first post mentions a Nakai ship undocking from Destiny in the pilot, the pic is no longer there or something so could someone clarify?
            Also, the extra shuttle dock was probably used fore sending people to Destiny when she and the other two shuttles were being built. Speculating that she was built in space, seems more practical.

Comment

Originally posted by kalenc View Post
              The first post mentions a Nakai ship undocking from Destiny in the pilot, the pic is no longer there or something so could someone clarify?
              Also, the extra shuttle dock was probably used fore sending people to Destiny when she and the other two shuttles were being built. Speculating that she was built in space, seems more practical.
              I think it was Air, Part 2 in which a Nakai fighter detached itself from Destiny's hull at the end just before the credits rolled. It was docked the same way the shuttles dock, more it had just attached itself to the hull like when they kidnapped Chloe.

Comment

Believe I saw that, but I swear someone said in Air part 1. My bad if it wasn't.
                Actually wasn't it part 3 when it pans out while Matt and Chloe are talking?

Comment

Believe I saw that, but I swear someone said in Air part 1. My bad if it wasn't.
                  Actually wasn't it part 3 when it pans out while Matt and Chloe are talking?
                  It might have been, I often consider all three parts to be one "premier episode". So I'll just say at some point near the end of the premier we see a Nakai fighter detach from Destiny's hull.

Comment

Ah k, I was wondering, are the energy bands like a shield of shorts on the fighter? That was kinda bugging me. I'm guessing it was a shield so it could safely detach.

Comment

Ah k, I was wondering, are the energy bands like a shield of shorts on the fighter? That was kinda bugging me. I'm guessing it was a shield so it could safely detach.
                      Yeah I believe those "bands" are how the energy shields manifest themselves on the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Etagrats sailor View Post
                        It's seems that destiny had originally 3 docking pad for the Shuttles based on the picture bellow! Although the crew only found two Shuttles, So what do think about that?

Do you think that there is a missing one for an unknown reason? or it's just a guest parking spot for guests ?

<Snipped image requote>
                        I am one of those people who doesnt handle himself well when it comes to taking away quality mind challenging entertainment, so after i watched all of every stargate, 6 times each, I changed them into mp3, and listen to them all repeatedly on my ipod. The excitement continues to build, but at the end of my little "playlist" all three series end together, which breaks my heart on a regular basis. So I decided that there is far too much left unsaid/undone/untaught, so i have begun writing my own spinoff, bringing atlantis and destiny together (eventually) and to the best of my ability, answering the questions left by syfy and mgm's betrayal. As far as your "3 shuttles" question? well it ties into another one I haven't found on this site; if Destiny has been flying unmanned for millions of years, why were the co2 scrubbers so nasty when they boarded her. If no one had ever breathed on the ship before, why was life support effected at all? My answer? In my world, a small contingent left atlantis, (the only place with a strong enough power source that long ago) and spent some time on destiny, most likely ended up shuttling to a habitable planet, where they stayed. I also wonder if maybe an intergalactic gate was set up in each galaxy, or if it needs to be specially built. Also, the gates are superconductive due to the naquadah they are made of, but the gates the seed ships carry are only powerful enough to reach a few gates at a time. Not naquadah? Maybe a DHD provides support...
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 April 2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                          they didnt have any matter transporters at that time
                          Whats a stargate then? If they can build a stargate that transports matter from one solar system to another you can be sure they could transport matter shorter distances - like from one ship to another.

As for the 3rd docking platform, I'd say it's a spare. No good having 3 shuttles if one of the sets of clamps fails so it would be more sensible to have 2 shuttles and a spare docking port.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyadamson View Post
                            if Destiny has been flying unmanned for millions of years, why were the co2 scrubbers so nasty when they boarded her. If no one had ever breathed on the ship before, why was life support effected at all?
                            Perhaps they were not fully off?

Comment

Working...
                            X