No announcement yet.

Destiny's Shuttles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seed ship was docked under the Destiny .. if my memory serves me right.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
      The seed ship was docked under the Destiny .. if my memory serves me right.
      Very true, near the front end of Destiny:

Spoiler:

Comment

I just had an idea.. quite logical, actually. What if.. the free slot is just that - a free slot! For a guest shuttle. Just in case. Transport people and/or resources. (from whatever place .. another Destiny class ship? Seeder (do they have shuttle slots or something) ? Base station.. ? something. )
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
          I just had an idea.. quite logical, actually. What if.. the free slot is just that - a free slot! For a guest shuttle. Just in case. Transport people and/or resources. (from whatever place .. another Destiny class ship? Seeder (do they have shuttle slots or something) ? Base station.. ? something. )
          We never saw any shuttles on the seed ship in season 2.. so i doubt that. BUT if the Destiny IS one of 4 (or 6) ships sent out, in each direction, perhaps the transfer of shuttles from one to another (using that spare slot) is one way they were going to use to transfer data/personnel.

Comment

Or they could use the Stargate when close enough for faster/easier/safer transfer as it has been shown Destiny classes can dial each other.

Even though i believe there is only one.

N.C

Comment

True... Heck do we even know the 'max' range of the shuttles?

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                i think the 3rd is just a guest slot, or maybe the one the ancients departed from after launching the vessel, they didnt have any matter transporters at that time so id imagine that they would have finished final prep and left the ship via shuttle, plus if there was an incident while the ship was still nearby or withing the milky way, they would have to get on board and what easier way than a shuttle instead of docking with a larger ship.
                They probably used the many airlocks on the ship, or the gate.

Comment

Maybe it was taken by the former crew(Evidence:the Life Support had run out. If Destiny had been with a crew, Life Support would be max) or maybe some alien got it(Shield Penetration technology)
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Or it got too damaged, and destiny ejected it.

Comment

Destiny had two (one damaged badly), when the current crew boarded. They repaired the damaged one and then left it with the crew that stayed behind on the uber alien built planet. They then crashed the remaining shuttle. The uber aliens somehow returned a completely repaired shuttle with the lone surviver of the failed colony. Then This season on Twin Destiny, an out of time synced shuttle was brought on board by an out of time sync Rush. Oh and apparently after all this time we find out shuttles are in fact armed!

Comment

They were seen firing on enemies in Space, you know, when they defended the ship against the blues.

Comment

Originally posted by hagerson View Post
                          Destiny had two (one damaged badly), when the current crew boarded. They repaired the damaged one and then left it with the crew that stayed behind on the uber alien built planet. They then crashed the remaining shuttle. The uber aliens somehow returned a completely repaired shuttle with the lone surviver of the failed colony. Then This season on Twin Destiny, an out of time synced shuttle was brought on board by an out of time sync Rush. Oh and apparently after all this time we find out shuttles are in fact armed!
                          There was more than one "lone survivor" and we've known about the shuttle's weapon capabilities since season 1.
                          sigpic
                          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                            There was more than one "lone survivor" and we've known about the shuttle's weapon capabilities since season 1.
                            Yeah, I thought that "every lone survivor" of the entire failed colony was there and they all died during the episode. Plus, the Shuttle's weapons have been seen since Space.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              Yeah, I thought that "every lone survivor" of the entire failed colony was there and they all died during the episode. Plus, the Shuttle's weapons have been seen since Space.
                              Yup
                              sigpic
                              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Quick question people. Do you think a ring transporter will fit inside a shuttle?
                                sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X