Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreyth View Post
    The "Others" that I was talking about was a term referring to the other Ancients, the faction that was against interference on the lower planes. Basically, I stole the term from Oma Desala. Sorry if it didn't make sense.

When you are ascended, all the knowledge of the universe is made available to you. It seems to me that they could have created something if they wanted to, and they wouldn't need to descend to do it.

Also, I was trying to say that if they all agreed to it, then no one would be breaking the rules. Maybe they decided that, in some way, building it would be for the greater good.
    well not all of them are ancients
    JACKSON (straightening up to face her): Why not? Who are they?

OMA: Others. You're not one of them yet.

JACKSON: You mean Ancients.

OMA: A couple of them.
    so not all of them are ancients , and i don't think that obelisk would have connection whit the ancients
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

JACKSON (straightening up to face her): Why not? Who are they?

OMA: Others. You're not one of them yet.

JACKSON: You mean Ancients.

OMA: A couple of them.
      so not all of them are ancients , and i don't think that obelisk would have connection whit the ancients
      Ah. Sorry, I was wrong.

Either way, if they were in league with the Ascended Ancients, then they would have had to follow all the same rules. The Ancients would have forced it that way. Dr. Jackson said that Ona Desala would go as far as to stop him just so that she could spare herself and those her think liker her the wrath of "the Others".

Either way, what I am trying to say is: whether or not they are interfering is all relative. Like you said: if there was no one there to benefit from it, is it really "interfering"?
      sigpic

Comment

But they are benefiting , some of the people of PG warship them as gods , if you need a few ones lets start whit the people of Teyla ( Athosians i think ) , and yes its interfering even if there is no benefit .
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          But they are benefiting , some of the people of PG warship them as gods , if you need a few ones lets start whit the people of Teyla ( Athosians i think ) , and yes its interfering even if there is no benefit .
          You have a good point there webxro, they are indeed worshipping them sometimes as, The Ancestors...They won't call it their gods, but it's the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
            You have a good point there webxro, they are indeed worshipping them sometimes as, The Ancestors...They won't call it their gods, but it's the same thing.
            I don't know. I've always gotten the impression there was more to it than just that. Like priors, and mandatory praying and such for example. Besides the Ori interfere with the lower plane of existence, the Ancients and others don't do that here, or at least they shouldn't...
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

They could name them "lonely glow sticks " as long as they are preying to them , they are the gods .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

The Ancient logical story got screwed up a bit on Atlantis. What about that Ancient that was protecting that planet She is ascended but not really, it is interfering 100%

Comment

Well she is punished for helping those people , and now has to help them for forever
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Well she is punished for helping those people , and now has to help them for forever
                    Which isn't making any sense, Morgan La Fay got banished almost for telling some location. Plotholes I smell 'm allover!
                    She is helping the lower ones, interfering, killing wraith, even got to go off-world and reveal she is ancient and an ascended, only she is on our plain of existence.

Comment

Well sometimes the big bad guys are just to busy to stop some things , but i think that they where watching Ganos Lal , ever since they send her after Merlin
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

Which isn't making any sense, Morgan La Fay got banished almost for telling some location. Plotholes I smell 'm allover!
                        She is helping the lower ones, interfering, killing wraith, even got to go off-world and reveal she is ancient and an ascended, only she is on our plain of existence.
                        Yes and no. Part of her punishment is also that she can only help those people, and has to stay with them forever, as was proven in the episode.

There are no plotholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          Yes and no. Part of her punishment is also that she can only help those people, and has to stay with them forever, as was proven in the episode.

There are no plotholes.
                          Yes there are An ascended being, stuck in our own plain... why protect those people, why not Earth? Since when do the ascended beings in charge care and interfere directly for lower beings, eventhough it is a "Punishment", Why no descent her and whipe her memory clean. Those people do not get the chance to evolve because of her, they are also punished. Wack story

Comment

Yes there are An ascended being, stuck in our own plain... why protect those people, why not Earth? Since when do the ascended beings in charge care and interfere directly for lower beings, eventhough it is a "Punishment", Why no descent her and whipe her memory clean. Those people do not get the chance to evolve because of her, they are also punished. Wack story
                            I don't understand what you're getting at... It's just what they decided would be her punishment, and it makes sense for me. This is a real punishment for her. Wiping her memory would destroy any effect of the punishment, and as has been proven with Anubis, descending someone isn't as easy as you make it sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                              I don't understand what you're getting at... It's just what they decided would be her punishment, and it makes sense for me. This is a real punishment for her. Wiping her memory would destroy any effect of the punishment, and as has been proven with Anubis, descending someone isn't as easy as you make it sound.
                              I am getting at that that so called punishment is interference, plus she is worshipped by those people, that is so against the ancients way. It's all wrong and 1 story every1 should forget.
                              btw....Daniel's descension went fine
                              Orlin could descend himself fine. Anubis probably fought in his evil way against the process and was left with a little bit of ascended power.

Comment

I am getting at that that so called punishment is interference,
                                Yes, but she was interfering with those people even before she was punished. She was punished 'cause she was interfering, so her punishment was constantly having to interfere to save them, and never knowing anything else, while not being able to interfere and save anyone else. IMHO this is a pretty cruel punishment for her. I don't see the problem with, and certainly I see no plot-hole. We might or might not agree with it, but that's just live. I don't always agree with the punishments criminals get in my country, either.

plus she is worshipped by those people, that is so against the ancients way.
                                Again, no, there's much more to it than that. First of all, there's a rule that says that you cannot interfere just to prevent people would worship them. She broke that rule. Secondly, I've always gotten the impression there was much more to it than just simply thinking the woman is some short of superhero. They were not worshiping her, not like the Ori's followers were worshiping them.

It's all wrong and 1 story every1 should forget.
                                I beg to differ.

btw....Daniel's descension went fine
                                Orlin could descend himself fine. Anubis probably fought in his evil way against the process and was left with a little bit of ascended power.
                                And who's to say she wouldn't have fought back like Anubis did? Still, they decided on another punishment, one much more cruel than just being descended and being mortal again. And they would have to wipe her memory then, so then the punishment wouldn't be a punishment at all 'cause she'd never be able to remember it.

Comment

Working...
                                X