No announcement yet.

Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they developed the Zpms , drones , atlantis , wormhole drive , stargate ( in AoT it was just a plan ) and from where did they launched destiny ?
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
      And the proof of this is where? It is just a theory, so when there is no proof, it remains 1 theory, what is yours?
      The fact that they had to travel without use of the Stargate to the Milky Way (not for the fact that the Milky Way didn't have a Stargate so much as the man who was to invent it hadn't actually invented it yet.), and while here they invented the bulk of their technology.

Also, it isn't a theory, just common sense.
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=webxro;11804298]Creating a solar system it's a piece of cake in the SG universe , you just make a gravity point in hydrogen nebula to make a star , the do the same thing in a asteroid field , and you have a planet , now you move the planet near the star , use some time dilation device , and you could have a life supporting planet in a year or so
        I think they'd have to do some terraforming too to achieve it.
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

well some terraforming might be needed but i was saying how to make a solar system
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Has anyone considered that the ancients could have built the planet and solar system after they ascended? lets just say they ascended and started to explore the universe in that way, we have seen the ascended use the gates to travel around maybe there was something in that galaxy they liked and decided to create a paradise for themselves to take a break from ascension, we have all seen them retake human form at one time or another, im not convinced they built the planet in question but they most certainly could have, maybe before but definately after ascension.

Comment

The ones that take human form are doing so because of the rules , and they won't build a planet because that would mean to interfere whit the lesser
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

We have seen some of them interfere in gray areas. That solar system was in the middle of nowhere, not present on any charts, billions of light years from MW, almost on the edge of the visible universe, and apparently with no advanced civilizations around.

Who's going to notice ? No one. Gray area. The fact that it was on Destiny's path could also be an inside joke: "see we meant to go there, but never got the chance; pretty good place for a vacation spot, don't you think?".

It's a good theory IMO.
                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                  The ones that take human form are doing so because of the rules , and they won't build a planet because that would mean to interfere whit the lesser
                  Unless "The Others" agreed to do it, and everybody pitched in.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Other is a group of ancients + some other ascended races , and why would the want to descend , together they have supreme power
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                      The Other is a group of ancients + some other ascended races , and why would the want to descend , together they have supreme power
                      They care about supreme power? They activily fought the Ori?

But the theory is a good one, but why would they care about things in this plane of existence? Who is to say, they can create a paradise within their own realm. Plus why was the obelisk there? It did not have Ancient writing on them, if they'd hint the humans of Destiny, it wouldve made more sense to use ancient language.

Comment

well they where stronger then the ori , but they where just to non combative
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

As has been said many many times before, the ascended ancients and the 'others' actually live in the milky way and likely in Pegasus too. They are physically there. In places like where Destiny is they have no presence and there are no rules there.

In 'Faith' the idea that they wanted to hint at was that the Ancients could have put that planet there for them since they felt bad or something. It was made perfectly for them and Destiny even swung past it twice.

The obelisk of coarse being the only thing that doesn't match that story.

Comment

The "Others" that I was talking about was a term referring to the other Ancients, the faction that was against interference on the lower planes. Basically, I stole the term from Oma Desala. Sorry if it didn't make sense.

When you are ascended, all the knowledge of the universe is made available to you. It seems to me that they could have created something if they wanted to, and they wouldn't need to descend to do it.

Also, I was trying to say that if they all agreed to it, then no one would be breaking the rules. Maybe they decided that, in some way, building it would be for the greater good.
                            sigpic

Comment

there is no interference when creating a solar system when there is no lowly plainers to interfere with at the time of it's creation

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                                there is no interference when creating a solar system when there is no lowly plainers to interfere with at the time of it's creation
                                See, i have a problem with your theory...I always understood that time was different or non-existent on the ascended plain of existence. I remember an episode that spoke of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X