X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like the idea and totally possible were the anceints are involved
    sigpic

Comment

Why, Why why why why why for the love of God, would the Ancients, a race that doesnt even like helping people ascend, put an automatic ascension device onto the Stargate so that anyone clever enough could join their ranks!?

WHY!?

We;d get smart arses like Anubis walking through all the time. Bingo, instant cosmic power.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I dont think the ninth is for ascension. Interdiminsional travel is a possibility, but why? We've seen it possible in other episodes with other devices. Parallel universe travel? Its a possibility, the quantam mirror didn't look "ancienty", I would guess that is more of Furling design than anything else. The ancients had a device that allowed them to experience alternater universes, perhaps they made the gate possible to travel there. But that would mean they built the device before the gate. Which is doubtful, I am sure they montioned a time frame on that device. We have already disproved time travel.

So that leaves us with Interdiminsional, PU, and Manual dial chevron theories. These are the most plausable.

If the Ancients wanted sheer asthetic looks, I am sure they could make it look good with 8, not 9. I haven't seen it, but does the Pegasus gates have 9?

The theory about opening wormholes where there isn't a gate. I can see this somewhat, but there is the issue of rematerialization. But if the 9th just opens a stable wormhole (farscape type) then it could be possible. But the power consumption would be astronomical, and I dont think you would have any control over where it opened. You would be dumped somewhere within 1 lightyear (guess) of the coordinates you inputed.

The only other idea I have is a "Mass Exit Protocol" where dialing somewhere and utilizing the 9th will make both sides of the gate active. Meaning people/ships/whatever can go in either side of the gate and appear on the planet of destination. But why wouldn't the Ancients use such a protocol for the Atlantis evac?

So now we are back at square one.

Comment

I have always thought that what we have been calling the 8th Cheveron is really the 9th, but we have been using the 9th without using the 8th so it looks like we are using 8th was the 9th.

the 8th is probably a gate selector, and the 9th is to travel to another galaxy. The only time we would need to use all 9 cheverons would be to select which gate to dial in another Galaxy.
          sigpic

Comment

My head hurts...

Comment

i think the 9th chev goes to another network of galaxies or maybe another dimension like alternate universe

Gelasius

Comment

I think this idea is no stranger than any of the other ideas.

I call for a merge.

Comment

You know what I wish?

I wish people who suggest these ideas about alt universes/dimensions etc would read this thread.

See the link in my sig.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

well i think that 9th chevron doesnt connect u to a higher plain of existance because the ascended people dont allow people to ascend just like that and well a stargate that allows it? i mean what would the chevron sequence be then? and the amount of power it would take to sustain a wormhole for long enough to do this. it would seem illogical to waste sooo much power. u would probably need a super ZPM or something...lol. i think maybe it just adds a greater distance or something. like maybe it will send u to the other side of the known universe or something. or maybe atlantis isnt actually atlantis but an outpost so maybe a 9th chevron could send them to atlantis. i think if they manage to gate to a planet with a 9th chevron, then well maybe it wil hold some reward at the end of it...i mean it must have taken a long time to find enough power to send them there. if they gated to a planet with a 9th chevron, how would they get back? theoretically it could do loads of things like parelell universes or something. we will just have to see if it ends in that.

Comment

erm and btw, i live in the uk and the ending of season 2 of doctor who is sad...worth watching.

Comment

its so easy, its either, an inbuilt call forwarder
                        OR
                        it doesnt do anything, because when the altrans first built the gate system they would hav thought, Hmm i think were gonna find new stuff for this thingo to do so lets make room for FUTRE stuff to put in AND they all Died/accended b4 anything was made for the 9th
                        or my last idea
                        it takes u to a different plain of existance as that is wat they were trying 2 do, b4 accending

Comment

The 9th chevron takes you to the architect.

Comment

I think the 9th chevron could be used to make a 2-way wormhole. Like you use 8 chevrons in the same Galaxy to make a 2-way wormhole and 9 when connecting to another galaxy. The way it works could be simple after you come through the gate you could go over to the DHD and dial the gate you just came from but this time you press the center button twice.

Beware I have friends and they are watching
                            Sig courtesy of LadyBozi. Thank you so much!
                            += FAT BABIES! Teyla/Ronon rules!
                            Spoiler:

R.I.P Carson, for now.
                            Courtesy of LadyBozi

Save Elizabeth now!!!

Comment

I knew it! I darn well bloody knew it! i've always said there was a 9th chevron and my stargate pals never belived me! Hmph! Well now I have proof. I knew, i so knew it!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                              I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                              Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

The stargate is not designed for time travel or going to other dimensions or alternate realities but then again nobody knows what the hell the 9th chevron does i doubt even the asguard know what it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X