Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's used to bypass the 38 minute wormhole. Dial the gate, and once the wormhole is established, activate the 9th chevron and the gate doesn't disengage...?

Comment

- Self destruct code?
      -Dials directly to the gate building factory?
      -Acts as an instant dial to pre defined safe location cutting down on dialing time ?
      -The furlingshad it insatlled and its a secret....
      -You've just found merlins weapon
      -Opens up an adress directly to the asceneded planes allowing none ascended beings to enter in to a forum with the anicents ?

Comment

-Hidden galaxy filled with living ancients
        -Cevron to Ori galaxy
        -Extra Atlanis Cevron
        -Turns gate into superwapon
        -Destroys gates at athor end
        -secret cevron to save power use on gate
        - Cevron to Merlins weapon
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

*bursts into tears!!!!*

More galaxy suggestions!!!!!!!

*curls up and cries*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I've been reading some of the previous threads, etc, etc.

And I've been meaning to hear some of your thoughts on a 9th Chevron. The 9th Chevron must be used for something, I can't just be Aesthetic or however you spell that word. I believe that the 9th Chevron is used to dial out of the local group of galaxy which composes of 30 galaxy including the milky way, the andromeda, galaxy, the pegasus galaxy, and the asgard home galaxy as well as numerous others. Dial into another set of galaxies hundreds of millions of lightyears away.

And on the series finale(if it actually comes to that conclusion) I would like to see the loose ends tied with the Ashcen and tollan and maybe some other various alien speicies but mostly with the Aschen.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19184

This thread exists, and it's always existed.

Even before it was created.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19184

This thread exists, and it's always existed.

Even before it was created.
                thanks for pointing that out, well I don't really go to the other topics I just go to season 10. And I do't read the list of topics/threads on here like alot of you do.

Besides I've been notiving that alot of you(even me) post the same thread over and over again by differ ppl unaware that it has already been posted by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatman
                  thanks for pointing that out, well I don't really go to the other topics I just go to season 10. And I do't read the list of topics/threads on here like alot of you do.

Besides I've been notiving that alot of you(even me) post the same thread over and over again by differ ppl unaware that it has already been posted by someone else.
                  I don't think Bragi was having a dig, simply stating that there was a ninth chevron thread and that it is a rather large one. But yes you aren't the only person to repost a thread on samey questions, things happen to those threads, not quite sure what though.

I have absolutely NO idea what the point of this post is o.O

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Im with Flying officer bennet on this one. Its doubtful that the 9th chevron could be used for anything as it is unlikely that the ancients colonised 39 galaxies or more. Did anyone consider it might just be there to make the gate look symetrical and as neat as possible. The ancients did seem to have a thing with neatness and all things clean.
                    "How did Mckay put it ?.......We cant meet your dietary requirements !"

Comment

i really want it to dial the furling in a totaly diferent set of galexys and they use all of the power do it just like atlantis starts

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        this might be like another thread but i wanted to hear some thoughts about it
                        Not sure if anyone has ever said this in particular, but I figured i'd throw my 2 cents in. I think the 9th chevron is actually much more simple than we are putting into it. If you ever notice, anytime you use a DHD to dial the gate, the chevrons lock in automatically. It's part of the advantages of having a DHD, faster dialing. The 9th chevron (the one we should be speculating about) is the very top "chevron." This really isn't a chevron at all. It holds no information about the address being dialed. This chevron instead is the "locking" chevron for manual dialing. On earth, where we have no DHD, we have to spin the symbols and individually select each to be locked into one of the 7 (or 8) crystals. The manual dialing process requires that one location on the gate (the very top) be used as a coordinate feed for the information crystals. The 9th is a failsafe put in by the ancients strictly for manual dialing because the DHD's are often less durable than the gate itself.
                        "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
                        Mark Twain

Daniel Jackson and Sam Carter are the kinds of nerds I want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivalen
                          Not sure if anyone has ever said this in particular, but I figured i'd throw my 2 cents in. I think the 9th chevron is actually much more simple than we are putting into it. If you ever notice, anytime you use a DHD to dial the gate, the chevrons lock in automatically. It's part of the advantages of having a DHD, faster dialing. The 9th chevron (the one we should be speculating about) is the very top "chevron." This really isn't a chevron at all. It holds no information about the address being dialed. This chevron instead is the "locking" chevron for manual dialing. On earth, where we have no DHD, we have to spin the symbols and individually select each to be locked into one of the 7 (or 8) crystals. The manual dialing process requires that one location on the gate (the very top) be used as a coordinate feed for the information crystals. The 9th is a failsafe put in by the ancients strictly for manual dialing because the DHD's are often less durable than the gate itself.
                          I've just woken up...

But that's CLEVER.

That's possibly one of the most plausable theories I've come across. I propose we study that theory and see if we can destroy it. If we can't. I reckon we've got something.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

really ,,not long to wait then ,,cool

Comment

the ninth chevron is to dial the operator....

Gelasius

Comment

I just hope that Stargate will be around long enough to explain that question. If gating to another galaxy takes up so much energy imagine how much energy the ninth chevron will take up.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Working...
                                X