Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Ninth Chevron Threads are like the Furling Threads once one leaves the First page a new one starts welcome to the forums

yeah just like homer came into the 3D world Jack went through the same protal to the Simpsons world
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

It could be auto-redail
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Lol, they dial it and their bill for the last 10 years comes through. Either that or they can check their missed calls
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I counted the chevrons on the gate. We know that usually use 7 chverons to travel around the galaxy. We know that we use 8 chevrons to travel to other galaxies. Question what is the 9th chveron to be used for???

Comment

Well there are already several threads like this, but that is ok, as well, this is in the wrong section of the forum, but that is allright. On the subject of nine chevrons. There are lots of possible uses for the ninth chevron, the fact is, we don't know yet and likely won't know until they tell us in the show. One thing that it isn't is time travel, lol. Most likely it is just for a greater distance calculation (allows us to go further). For what do you think it is used?

Welcome to the forum!

Owen Macri

Comment

Aye, welcome to the forum, as Owen said, there are many threads like this, check out the science and Tech folder

Also, check out the RPing section if your into that kinda thing
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Hay wait, I just thought what if they do something with the 9th Chevron to destroy the Ori!!!
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                  Hay wait, I just thought what if they do something with the 9th Chevron to destroy the Ori!!!
                  Interesting idea, what do you propose they do?
                  302's lead the way!

Comment

A giant supermassive power surge that zeroes out all energy in the immediate area.
                    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                    Pay it forward

Comment

Hehey! here's another 9th thread lol.

In short no-one knows but with another 9th thread just cropped up rest assured we're working on it!

One thing we can assume is that what ever it does, it's big. Ancients did everything big style and chevron 8 brought us something very big - going to other galaxies. Cheveron 9 will be equally as big when it comes. Lets remember though that the SGC's dialling computer still doesn't have the ability to dial 9 cheverons as Jack (as far as we know) only reprogrammed 8 into the system when he had the knowledge of the ancients in The Fifth race.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

My Theroy is That if you have enough energy it would reintergrate you as pure energy (It ascends you)
                        You wouldn't need another gate, you'd walk out the other side of the gate.
                        that would make more sense
                        it wouldnt transport you to another dimension; Dimensions are just a fancy way of saying ¹D ²D and of course ³D
                        (Our Dimension) It's impossible to expeirience anything other than in 3D
                        Of Course the Gate Would not transport you to another dimension; Another Plane.

Comment

Since there are allready tons of threads about this question im sure somebody has suggested this, but I think it's some kind of massive stargate system self destruct. Actually when I think about it, the self destruct would be cool, but I dont think they'd do that.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

We may never know what it does. Someone speculated in another thread like this one that the 9th chevron is so mysterious and so hyped that anything they decide to do with it will be disappointing. They can't meet the hype no matter what they do. For that reason, TPTB may choose to never explore that venue.
                            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Hello,

Just for future reference: I wouldn't recommend asking about "who are the Furlings" either!

I though Chev9 was possibly to do with Asencion but it would play out with time frames and the Ancient experimentaion with asencion! it'd be quite boring if it was just another distance parameter!
                              Last edited by jazz!; 16 November 2005, 03:02 PM.
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Instead of repeating your hypothesis over and over in each dupe topic, how about picking one from the "Similar Topics" menu at the bottom of this page, or better yet, do a search for "9th chevron"; there are literally dozens of posts about it.

There is no reason to keep rehashing the same ideas over and over and over. How about a mod picks a single 9th chevron post, and makes it sticky in this section of the board? That way we can have an "official 9th chevron thread" for everyone to toss their two cents in.
                                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                                X