Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-destruct is all I could think of, besides no function that is.

I'm pretty sure its explained in the episode(s) that it appears in. Not sure tho. (the quantum mirror that is)
    Last edited by theStormWeaver; 29 August 2005, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that we'll never know exactly what the ninth chevron does(although I hope that it's not self destruct. The Ancients went to so much trouble just placing the 'gates...). It's up there with the Furlings
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

My hope is that the writters adress this, and the Furlings, before the series meets its end.... at the end of the ............15th season, yeah thats it.

Comment

Hey, I have another theory, not sure whether or not someone has said this.

Everyone things that Cheveron Nine is like dialing the "international area code" which allows the user to access a differnt galactic cluster or travels back in time or starts a self destruct countdown, but I think it does something differnt.

Instead of refeering it to Cheveron Nine, I've decided to call it Cheveron ZERO. That is because Cheveron Nine does not exist and a 9th Cheveron address is not part of the gate system since Seven Cheverons alone give 1.5 millino + compinations, Eight Cheverons, even more.

The are eight Cheverons on a Stargate and the 0th Cheveron sits ontop and evenly divides the rest of them and makes them look nice. Cheveron 0 is really the Stargate's computer, when somebody dials the DHD, the inner tracks spin and stops at Cheveron 0 and goes CHUM-CHUM, then assigns Cheveron 1 a gate co-ordinate until all seven or eight cheverons have an address; then the Stargate activates.

Hence it is why Walter says, "Cheveron One ENCODED," Cheveron Zero is an encoder that assigns gate cordinates and stores it in a temporary buffer, probably inside Cheveron 0's computer and the sequence may presumably be wiped after the wormhole closes to make room for the next set of co-ordinates.

I basically thought up of this idea from the stargate dvds, somebody pointed out that "cheveron 9" looked differnt. What does everyone think?
          ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

spiolers in post for trinity

My theory is much like the pervious one except that the 9th chevron is used for reuseing the chevrons so ancients when they explored every single galaxy (their are millions) would be able to use the stargate to have easy access.
            ----------or-------------
            The 9th chevron is used to connect to a relay so you can get extra power to go farther without leaving the gate or using a energy devise as found in trinity which would be much to dangerous.

please give me feedback
            I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

No matter how you look at it you can't bypass the 8th chevron, so throw out all these open all the stargates in our galaxy theroies. It has to do with something beyond our galaxy. You just can't activate chevron 3 without chevron 2 and so on. I'm still hoping its the cake, ice cream, and pies theroy lol but if not theres tons of possiblies such as self destruction (which does not fit ancient culture at all), another galaxy coord (which seems way to plain)

I was thinking maybe its a sort of firewall. Input 7 coords then your 8th for distance to galaxy and then 9th to disengage the whole gate system from the gating network. The 8th chevron takes a huge amount of power to dail out. Meaning the 9th has to be an even greater energy req for it to dail out. Granted I would not know how much power is needed to shut down an enitre gate system let alone if it was possible but.. hey one more to add to the pile

Comment

right this the way i see it 6 chevrons coordinates 7th is for origin 8th is for galaxy could the ninth be used for another universe or maybe even to activate every single gate in the universe

Comment

Search is your friend. This is one of those discussions that has been done to death and the issue has never been addressed in any way on the show so in short nobody knows and any answer would be pure speculation.

Comment

Woah, never had a thread like this before!

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

The 9th chevron gives anyone who activates it the uber powers to destroy everything and own everyone.
                      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

The ninth chevron dials the nearest pizza hut

Comment

No no no. It's for dialing up VR sex lines (for a cost of only 4.99 kronegs/min).

Comment

People, people...we all know that the ninth cheveron has no use. It's like the black slabs in 2001: A Space Odessey. It has no purpose other than for us to find a purpose for it.
                            -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

So TPTB wants to leave it a mystery.
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                                So TPTB wants to leave it a mystery.
                                No, they just have no idea what it does, and they're waiting for something sweet to come up on these boards so they can use it in the show.
                                -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

Working...
                                X