X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Newman
    where did you here this?
    They have mentioned stuff like this in tons of episodes.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      They have mentioned stuff like this in tons of episodes.

Owen Macri
      i never heard anything like that

Comment

Well I can't remember the specific episode, but it has been said implyed and shown as well I believe.

Owen Macri

Comment

Any matter? Thats kind of iffy. At any given moment there is a considerable amount of matter in the event horizon in the form of air and other airborne things....

There is probably a sensor and a kill switch if there is 'too much'.
          sigpic

Comment

Here's the pic of the champagne(sp) coming through the gate in "Rising" make of it what you will...

Comment

Technically the nineth chevron has already been used in Atlantis, check out Rising, the gate in Space has all 9 cehvrions lit when in use.

Thso could be discounted as SFX error however.

Originally posted by Mio
              Any matter? Thats kind of iffy. At any given moment there is a considerable amount of matter in the event horizon in the form of air and other airborne things....

Don't be dense. It's only Solid Matter. Owen was talking about the concept of burying the gate.

We know from 'Children of the Gods' and 'Watergate' that in the process of generating a wormhole the stargate repulses any matter in the way, such air or water (or a tarpauline) if there's something there that it can't get out ofthe way ,like a well bolted down hunk of metal or a coverstone, hen no wormhole appears. It's a simple as that.
              Last edited by Crazedwraith; 26 July 2005, 07:14 AM.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

The other issue I have with the gate being embedded into the floor, or the metal ramp going through the gate at the SGC, is why doesn't the destructive "kawoosh" wave destroy or disentigrate those parts of the ramp or floor? There were a few topics on this in other sections of the forums. I can accept the arguement that the metal iris at the SGC (when close before a wormhole opens) is so close to the event horizon that it doesn't allow the destructive particles to form (the particles being what makes up the "kawoosh" wave).

Comment

Originally posted by Mio

Yes, Crazed Wraith is right, I was only talking about solid matter.

In response to VirtualCLD: The ramp is low enough that the vortex (what you called "kawoosh") does not touch it. The Vortex does not generate from one side of the gate to the other, it is relativley in the middle.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yes, Crazed Wraith is right, I was only talking about solid matter.

In response to VirtualCLD: The ramp is low enough that the vortex (what you called "kawoosh") does not touch it. The Vortex does not generate from one side of the gate to the other, it is relativley in the middle.

Owen Macri
                    what about the dust? did you think of the dust?!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                      Technically the nineth chevron has already been used in Atlantis, check out Rising, the gate in Space has all 9 cehvrions lit when in use.
                      um, all 9 chevrons always light up when you dial the gate

Comment

Dust particles would be far to small to adverssly effect the event horizon, and they would likley be pushed out of the way by the event horizon, however, if the dust particles where somehow anchored on the axis of the event horizon then they would most definetly stop the event horizon from forming, just as any other solid matter would, liquids, gasses, or even plasma would simply be pushed out of the way by the event horizon, and particles like dust that can float freely in the air would also be pushed out of the way, as if they were a gas.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith

Thso could be discounted as SFX error however.
                          The cheverons glowing ruled that all glow when the wormhole is opened (I don't think so because they didn't in Nemesis) or because it's in space, all of them glow go you can see it (dark opject in the dark of space)
                          This is my sugnature!
                          Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

I think it is possible that all of the chevrons are lit all of the time, I know I have seen it before, maybe if someone could get a screenshot of the season four finale when they blow up the star, I think is was "Exodus."

Owen Macri

Comment

I think it is possible that all of the chevrons are lit all of the time, I know I have seen it before, maybe if someone could get a screenshot of the season four finale when they blow up the star, I think is was "Exodus."

Owen Macri
                              I don't know it it did in Exodus, but 8 and 9 didn't in Nemesis, as I just watched it to see if they did and they didn't. As for screenshot of Nemesis.
                              Edit:Here:

You can see chevrons 4(?) 8 and 9. And only 4 is glowing.
                              Last edited by mightydefiant; 26 July 2005, 02:53 PM.
                              This is my sugnature!
                              Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

I very vividly recal the gate floating through space spinning with chevrons lit I know I have seen it somewhere.

Owen Macri

EDIT: I Believe I was mistaken about exodus, but I can vididly recall all of the chevrons lit on a local dial, I will check out the dvds that I have.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X