Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds cool, theoretically, it might be possible. However, What about all of the room in between, you are able to go to local galaxies and another universe but nothing in between.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      It sounds cool, theoretically, it might be possible. However, What about all of the room in between, you are able to go to local galaxies and another universe but nothing in between.

Owen Macri
      how many galaxies are there? thousands, millions, billions, trillions, (can't remember what come after trillions, quadllions or something)

Comment

In 1999 Hubble estimated 125 billion, but there are probably a lot more.

Owen Macri

Comment

I definately agree with the Ascension theory of the 9th chevron. I was both glad and sad that someone thought of it also. Glad, cuz that meant it wasn't too crazy, sad cuz I wasn't the only one. Anyway.. There is nothing more symmetrical about having 9 chevrons as opposed to 7 or 8. Besides, adding another distance calculation would just be boring. I think that the 9th chevron would cause ascension, maybe because if there was so much extra energy going into an 8th chevron lock, that much more energy scattered with the molecules of the human body might cause the human body to become mostly energy. And as for what gate address would one gate too? maybe that is the true secret of ascension.

Comment

Yeah, if space is infinite, Hubble couldn't see all of them.

Do the little galaxies inside the marbles count (like the one on 'Orion's belt' in Men in Black)?
            Elando na coinya!

Comment

Yes, obviously it would be incredibly difficult to look at the entire universe, but Hubble estimated 125 billion, they might not have seen 125 billion.

Sure they count too, lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Let's encode that ninth Chevron for some cake and Ice cream! 500 post!
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, congratulations!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                    Wow, Owen, you had your 1000th post here, not too long ago!
                    and now he has allmost 1700 posts so 300 posts in 3 days
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                      Let's encode that ninth Chevron for some cake and Ice cream! 500 post!
                      congrats
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

I dunno if ive already said this but:

yaknow the device that the asguard have, that opens the gate with out the vortex, well mabe its something to do with that, like an IR reciever (think TV remotes)

Help!
                        My emojournal

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                          and now he has allmost 1700 posts so 300 posts in 3 days
                          300 in three days? hm, that could be right, I was aat 1000 posts about 25 days ago, so three hundred in three days, could be right, I am not sure, but Thank You!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
                            I dunno if ive already said this but:

yaknow the device that the asguard have, that opens the gate with out the vortex, well mabe its something to do with that, like an IR reciever (think TV remotes)
                            You know, I would say it is a possibility, but the only thing is, it is a chevron and it has to lock, and do something, there doesn't seem any point to dialing it, but only have it work as a reciever.

Really, you wouldn't need a reciever, the gate accepts electrical impluses as commands, the gate will accept them in the form of some kind of signal, this is what the DHD does, as well as the SGC computer. However it is possible that they send the electrical impulses directly to the gate, in this case nothing else would be needed, a radio signal version of the electrical impulses could be sent, and the gate would read and understand it, because it is just another form of energy, the gate, being a superconductor, accepts all energy, in whatever form it may be.

Owen Macri

Comment

Maybe it reachs out to another plain of exsitance??

Comment

Originally posted by Duckonthehunt
                                Maybe it reachs out to another plain of exsitance??
                                You are all wrong i know what it does. it opens up a incoming worm hole and All kinds of Donuts pour out

Comment

Working...
                                X