X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg8man View Post
    /Signed to the first bit, also

I think its doubtful its time-travel, because if the ninth chevron allowed time travel, why would that rogue Ancient have built a time-travelling Jumper? (Its Good to be King and Moebius) We also know that the Ancients hihghly objected to time travel, so why would they make a network of stargates with time travel capability?
    or why would they have gone to such great lengths to make a stargate time travel in window of opportunity if it had already been built in?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tomouse55 View Post
      Actually that's another thought, what if the 9th chevron is a password or something like that for a protected gate network within the current gate system.

So the ancient weapons cache that Daniel was talking about in Bad Guys could be behind a protected gate that can only be connected to if the right 9 chevron combination is entered, then again, that would sort of go against the 8th chevron being a extra distance calculation.
      it can be

Comment

please forgive me my mind just goes nostop
        i could write for hours on any subject
        so im sorry for the wandering of this thought

i think maybe it could be an all gate dialer
        could be the ori managed to get their virus to the ancients even thought they had fled across the universe
        like baals modification in reckoning
        i mean alot of the details of how the gate works are still not known
        so why not
        it makes perfect sense
        the ancients needed a way to get a warning or alert out why not just dial them all and send a signal out it would cover the expanse of the gate network or even the entire universe
        after all we couldnt see the last chevron to see if it lit up during reckoning

or maybe its an emergency device like this

im trapped on a world with a gate but i have no tech due to a crash or battle or what ever im alone with only the clothes on my back
        so i get to the dhd and dial the origin point for the local outpost one chevron the ninth lights up and pow bam kawooooosh in connected via subspace through a microscopic gate network designed for communication i say this because we all know a gate can be made to dial one site or planet from carters liason with the acsended

or what the hell it could be a self destruct to all the working gates in the universe weve already see that the ori/alteran gates connect with ours so why not

or perhaps its use is far more dark like war
        what if its a combination multi gate dialer and a matter duplication device

i get a report at home base that the enemy has attacked a planet
        so i dail up the planets surrounding it and send in my strike team composed of several jumpers and a set of warriors and pow bam bang kawooooooosh my team is multiplied by the number of gates and we sweep in for a counter attack taking back the world or site or whatever
        when its all done the teams go back through their gates and once a gain bam pow kawoooosh their fused back toghter and we all go off to give something a horrible name

or even a lock as in prototype
        i think someone else said that already so props to them

but now that my mind has had time to wander i think maybe its a slot for whatever they wanted to put in it
        such as a camera to check things out before stepping thruogh
        or a shield
        or a scanner
        or teleporter as in the quest
        someone else said that too so props away to them too

yeah its way out there and damn weird but look at our soucre and ask yourself this question
        what is not possible in our stargate universe ?

thanks for reading this and thanks for being a fan

guy

the AVIDFAN
        Last edited by avidffan; 15 November 2007, 07:38 PM.
        Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
        sigpic

Comment

Any chance the 2 DVD only movies will deal with this issue of the 9th Chevron?

I'm wondering if that is one of the "Surprises" the Producers talk about on the blogs?
          Dave aka:

GearheadSG1

Comment

Originally posted by GearheadSG1 View Post

I'm wondering if that is one of the "Surprises" the Producers talk about on the blogs?
            Maybe but I don't think so

Comment

i think they'll address it ALL in the SGU pilot, there's no point mentioning it in the movies if it ends up a flop.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

i think the ninth chevron is just to make the gate look good like the 8th was until they came up with something to use it for

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

to me it seems like the key to the supergate.
                  6 chevrons to point the place in a galaxy
                  7th for origin
                  8th for the right galaxy
                  9th for the right galaxy cluster

the ori are so far away i think they are in annother galaxy cluster. so daniel figures that out in stargate universe, or in ark of throuth, and after AOT they go to the ori galaxy for exploration and to help the ori and discover the origin of the ancients and the ori

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    7th for origin
                    8th for the right galaxy

the ori are so far away i think they are in annother galaxy cluster. so daniel figures that out in stargate universe, or in ark of throuth, and after AOT they go to the ori galaxy for exploration and to help the ori and discover the origin of the ancients and the ori
                    yes but that would take LOOOOOOOTSSSS of energy and we know that the next show will be baised around the 9th chevron so the only way that could be is if the rodney gets the unlimited ZPM to work
                    I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
                    "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
                      so the only way that could be is if the rodney gets the unlimited ZPM to work
                      Yes, but that would effectively ruin SGA, if they had unlimited energy.

Comment

Originally posted by jonty-comp View Post
                        Yes, but that would effectively ruin SGA, if they had unlimited energy.
                        they will most likely do something like: it only works from this galaxy or on this planet in another galaxy and you cant use it to recharge ZPM's power (well you can but it would take ? and would be pointless)
                        I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
                        "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          7th for origin
                          8th for the right galaxy

Heya i'm kind of new here and i apologize if this came up ones before (i lurk on this forum)

As far as i see it could it be that as thekillman said.
                          That 7 chevrons is for a planet in our own galaxy (Milky Way)
                          And when there are 8 you could lock on to a gate in another galaxy within our local cluster as is see it Stargate Atlantis play in Pegasus and if i see the background of it it looks like Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy.
                          And when you dial 9 Chevrons that you can lock on to one of the many galaxy clusters within our own local supercluster (Virgo Supercluster).

So that brings me to the thing like the supergate of the Ori.
                          They might be out of our Local Supercluster in another supercluster.
                          That why they need to have black hole powering it they have to travel between superclusters.

This is just my idea of the 9th chevron.

Sorry if i talk rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparda View Post
                            Heya i'm kind of new here and i apologize if this came up ones before (i lurk on this forum)

As far as i see it could it be that as thekillman said.
                            That 7 chevrons is for a planet in our own galaxy (Milky Way)
                            And when there are 8 you could lock on to a gate in another galaxy within our local cluster as is see it Stargate Atlantis play in Pegasus and if i see the background of it it looks like Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy.
                            And when you dial 9 Chevrons that you can lock on to one of the many galaxy clusters within our own local supercluster (Virgo Supercluster).

So that brings me to the thing like the supergate of the Ori.
                            They might be out of our Local Supercluster in another supercluster.
                            That why they need to have black hole powering it they have to travel between superclusters.

This is just my idea of the 9th chevron.

Sorry if i talk rubbish.
                            that implies there must be gates in at least 40 galaxies though!! i think that's too high an estimate. but i guess it sort of makes sence, like the 9th chevron is a telephone country code and the 8th an area code, then the 6 are the normal numbers and the top chevron is "start call" essentially
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think so. And I would assume that the only real place to figure this out would be at Atlantis, because we have never experimented with the 8th chevron until Jack...and we never experimented with the ninth chevron.....for ten years....why...because we don't know how. So wouldn't it be cool if Daniel Jackson goes on Atlantis for about 1-4 episodes, discover this "9th chevron" and then helps Atlantis get another zpm to use the 9th chevron...and then he leaves...for some reason.

that would be cool!

Comment

If the 9th Chevron gets used, I seriously doubt it would be in the first two movies.

It's possible that it could involve SG1 and the third planned movie, but I could equally see it being related to Atlantis. Something will happen at the end of season 5, thus allowing SGU to happen and deal with the 9th. Or for all we know, the Orii galaxy could be a 9 chevron address (it would make sense if the Ancients wanted to get far away from them) and it could be addressed in the first movie in some fashion.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                that implies there must be gates in at least 40 galaxies though!! i think that's too high an estimate. but i guess it sort of makes sence, like the 9th chevron is a telephone country code and the 8th an area code, then the 6 are the normal numbers and the top chevron is "start call" essentially
                                I don't think it's that high. Considering the Ancients have seperated from the Orii for 50 million years, it's quite possible that they set up gate networks on many galaxies during that split, and possibly long before it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X