X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10$ there are furling images in the asgard database

that's why it will probably get blown up first chance they get

Comment

LOL ah the Furlings, its be funny if they were humanoids and weren't fluffy or anything. I think the Asgard might know something about the Ninth chevron but if they make SGU they will make it based from Atlantis since its still airing and make it that the Ancients knew about it since the Ancients made the gates.

Comment

Ha! The Asgard database is not reliable. Thor admitted that it is broken beyond repair. Fortunately, though, hope is in store with the announcement of a new Ori database which is to compete with the Asgard database.

The plans for the Ori database are outlined in an interview with the Docent:

Frankly, we were disgusted with the Alteran bias in the Asgard database. In the face of this interference by the Alterans, we decided to build a new database called Oripedia. It's an "Ori Encyclopedia You Can Trust"
        But it looks like it won't be plain sailing though, Oripedia has been criticized as being full of lies, half truths and supporting young universe Ori creationism.

Last edited by the_dark_light; 27 June 2007, 08:48 AM. Reason: Demented Typo
        The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Then they'll discover that each chevron can split in two, so that makes at least nine more spin-offs.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
            Probably the reason in the show Stargate Universe begins.
            We have a winner.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I agree It'll just be a nine symbol adress they find somewhere in the Asgard database, and they'll somehow find a way to power the gate to dial it, send a team through, then they won't know where they are or how to get back. Probably won't launch from atlantis though, they must still have the SGC sets because Atlantis will most likely be seeing a lot of the SGC next season aswell, Especially with Sam being on Atlantis.

Comment

i would laugh if they dialled the 9 th cheveron

the sgc computer says 'the world you are dialing is currently unavailable, please check and dial again'

walter:damn it, stupid area code
                sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this has been suggested or not cause to be honest I didn't read all 51 pages of posts.

The 9th Chevron is used to dial from a ship where there is not point of origin and needs 9 points in space to find the gate at the other end. It can be used for any gate in any network.
                  Last edited by suqata; 05 July 2007, 08:52 AM.

Comment

1 Ascending does not require a stargate. As seen in a Stargate Atlantis entitled Epiphany it requires many Hours of mediations and over coming ones fears.
                    2. All we know for sure about the 9th Chet of Chevron is that it is going to be the point of origin.
                    3. If 8 is log distance it would mean 9 is international calling.
                    4. I don't see what the Atlantis team don't just go still several ZPM and the technology to build them off the replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      i would laugh if they dialled the 9 th cheveron

the sgc computer says 'the world you are dialing is currently unavailable, please check and dial again'

walter:damn it, stupid area code

Comment

The ninth chevron is a way for the ancients to get back to there home glaxey (the Ori glaxey) And its a long long long long ways away

Comment

9th chevron to the Ori galaxy lock locks-A voice out of nowhere says "The last caller has witheld their number"

Comment

i don't think its distance, i mean we currently know about 4 galexies, Ida, Milky Way, Pegasus, Ori, somehow i don't think he ancients were around long enough to put gates on every planet in the known universe. interesting side question: could Pegasus dial Ida or the Ori homeworld? if so we can assume distance isn't too much a factor and its just used to dial galexies. my personal guess: the 9th shevron creates an expanding unstable vortex that destroys the gate, after all the gates are really tough so what would you do to get rid of one you didn't want? dial 9. it could also be
                            1: an open ended fissure in spacetime making the ultimate trash removal device
                            2: opens the gate without the event horizion.
                            3. opens the event horizon without the wormhole
                            4. speed dial for a specific gate, for instance Earth to Pegasus
                            5. extradimensional storage space: the gate may actually take more hardware to run then is actually visible and the rest is stored within pocket of hyperspace.
                            6. override the dialing sequence (a kill switch)
                            7. flips the gate, making the back become the front
                            8. reverses direction of gate without shutting it off.
                            9. override for the 38 minute rule
                            10. turns gate in big zpm
                            11.expands event horizion beyond the gate.
                            Join My forum (please??)

Comment

Originally posted by lightstorm View Post
                              i don't think its distance, i mean we currently know about 4 galexies, Ida, Milky Way, Pegasus, Ori, somehow i don't think he ancients were around long enough to put gates on every planet in the known universe. interesting side question: could Pegasus dial Ida or the Ori homeworld? if so we can assume distance isn't too much a factor and its just used to dial galexies. my personal guess: the 9th shevron creates an expanding unstable vortex that destroys the gate, after all the gates are really tough so what would you do to get rid of one you didn't want? dial 9. it could also be
                              1: an open ended fissure in spacetime making the ultimate trash removal device
                              2: opens the gate without the event horizion.
                              3. opens the event horizon without the wormhole
                              4. speed dial for a specific gate, for instance Earth to Pegasus
                              5. extradimensional storage space: the gate may actually take more hardware to run then is actually visible and the rest is stored within pocket of hyperspace.
                              6. override the dialing sequence (a kill switch)
                              7. flips the gate, making the back become the front
                              8. reverses direction of gate without shutting it off.
                              9. override for the 38 minute rule
                              10. turns gate in big zpm
                              11.expands event horizion beyond the gate.
                              Nice.

I haven't read all the pages on this thread, sorry, so I hope I don't repeat anything.

....what if the 9th symbol doesn't refer to space but to time? What if it is the means of going forth and back in time?
                              Or maybe not: we know that when the Ancients abandones Atlantis (after they had built the gates in the Pegasus of course) they had a jumper that could travel back in time, so that would rule my assumption; they wouldn't need a jumper to do that if the gate could already do that. Unless they use the gate to travel back in time on small scales?

Hey, does the Atlantis gate have 9 chevrons too? I guess, yes, because the Pegasus gates are newer than the Milky Way gates, right?

Or maybe is the mean of travelling to an alternate universe?
                              sigpic

Comment

I did not read all preceeding pages of the thread, so forgive me ignorance. So then we do not know for certain what the purpose of the 9th Chevron is? I thought it had been confirmed or at least highly implied that the 9th Chevron was involved in furthering the distance of the Stargate's capacity. I believe it was previously referred to in the thread as an Area Code.
                                Anyway, thats what my guess would be as any futher understanding of the Stargate has not lead to much that would suggest the Stargate has any real purpose other than travel.
                                Anyway.
                                "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Working...
                                X