Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can laptops be connected to every piece of alien tech?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't read the earlier posts but it must be the same reason why most ancient consoles are windows compatible. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
      I didn't read the earlier posts but it must be the same reason why most ancient consoles are windows compatible. lol!
      Everything is windows compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
        Yeah so it is ...

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
          lol sif McKay is a Windows user. In ChildHoods End, when hes trying to repair that device that uses the ZPM Sheppard asks him what's wrong, and he replies "I dont know. These things are usually plug and play, it must be using an older version of Windows"

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
            Also Dr Mckay couldnt manage it on Atlantus (the outpost) but as soon as you get to Atlantis wayhey it all works. Very suspisous

p.s. cant spell
            The outpost was old and didn't have USB.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

It was legacy
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Well, I'm not.

Windoze should have an error message that says "I just can't work with this human!"
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  Well, I'm not.

Windoze should have an error message that says "I just can't work with this human!"
                  Your human is incompatible with this version of Windows. Please upgrade your human.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    Your human is incompatible with this version of Windows. Please upgrade your human.
                    ROFL.....that or please get a person who can work on computers without blowing it.

Comment

But the SGC computers havn't used Windows since Season 4, which sadly meant the demise of Daniel's fantastic "Walking Egyptian" Screensaver.

All the computers are now just more hi-tech versions of the original Gate Dialing computer, and are all stylish and black, unfortunatly they're still as vulnerable as ever by the look of Daniel's PC in Affinity when it was hacked by the NID.

Boy, I miss that screensaver.

Comment

Maybe Bill Gates is a Goa'uld who stole Ancient tech b@st@rdized it to make Windows... that's why its so compatible! That snake!
                        Last edited by SG Zero; 13 April 2005, 04:10 PM.

Comment

It is all bluetooth compatible. No i'm joking, as long as they understand the pieces of technology that they are interfacing with, they can create an adapter for anything. This example is relativly simple, but in Rising part two they made that adapter to conect the ZPM to the gate, all they need is to understand how it works and then they can interface with it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            Well, I'm not.

Windows may not have that error but as a sys admin the two terms I often use are:
                            ID10T (pronounced I-D ten T)
                            and PEBKAC (Problem exists between keyboard and chair)

With regards to the Del laptops (*shudders*) interfacing so easily to the ancient tech: I seem to remember that the time from the when they found the ancient outpost to the time the expedition leaves is in the order of about six months. I always figured that with a crack team of EE's they'd be able to figure out some kind of interface in that time...

Comment

As I said before with enough time, and understanding of the technology you wish to interface with, it is possible.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yeah, that could be true. But how could they adapt the cord and such to plug-in to the tech? I don't think they use Dell computers.

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Working...
                                X