Advanced Unas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Unas

What do you think would have happened if the Tau'ri encountered an race of Unaz who were at an Cold War level of technology, and spent their time fighting the Goa'uld and advancing much more primitive races?

the only way they could advance is if they were all implanted with gould

Comment

That may be the case now but given enough time, I think that the unas could evelove to a level of technology similar to our own. There technology would be incredibly different most likely things like weapons and other fighting tools designed much more around brute force.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

well that depend on a large number of thing they are defiantly intelligent Chaka was able to learn a rudimentary understanding of the English language and from later encounters with them it appears they worked out how to use Goauld weapons of they have the ability to learn they also have a complicated social structure similar to the early humans.

Given enough time to develop they could but it also depends on their willingness to move forward they have had 10,000 year since the Goauld left their race more or less alone despite small amount who were not on their home world and they don’t appear to be much past stone age technology or socially .

Comment

But account for all the major setbacks they must currently deal with, such as how their water supplies are infested with Goa'uld, and how they are stuck in near perpetual tribal warfare (humanity was like this too you know).

I say the Unaz have the capacity of coming to an human level of technology or even greater, they show they can use and repair technology of human and Goa'uld manufacture quite well just look at the episode when the Unaz were enslaved (titled: "Beast of Burden").

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
            That may be the case now but given enough time, I think that the unas could evelove to a level of technology similar to our own. There technology would be incredibly different most likely things like weapons and other fighting tools designed much more around brute force.
            Originally posted by colbmista View Post
            Originally posted by Raza View Post
            But account for all the major setbacks they must currently deal with, such as how their water supplies are infested with Goa'uld, and how they are stuck in near perpetual tribal warfare (humanity was like this too you know).

I say the Unaz have the capacity of coming to an human level of technology or even greater, they show they can use and repair technology of human and Goa'uld manufacture quite well just look at the episode when the Unaz were enslaved (titled: "Beast of Burden").
            I definitely agree that they have the potential to advance givent he ruight circumstances--they're very intelligent if there are many more like Chaka.
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

If there are more like Chaka and Iron shirt then I can definitely see them advancing. But advancement requires need, and imagenation. We are very small and weak compared to the Unas. We had to invent tools to hunt, cloths for protection from the elements, and better ways of making war to compete with other groups of Humans. Although the Unas have all of these things as well, they are far better naturally suited to dealing with them then we are. The common Unas are probably less intelligent then a Human it seems to me, and we do not know how much on an imagenation they have.

It would be cool to see advanced Unas though.
              sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

i think they are definitely intelligent enough to go far, they just don't really need to right now.
                An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
                A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
                And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

The concept was actually handled in the Stargate Roleplaying books, in the form of a race known as the K'kaan. They spread out over several planets without Goa'uld intervention and reached quite a high level of technology.

Comment

What do you think would have happened if the Tau'ri encountered an race of Unaz who were at an Cold War level of technology, and spent their time fighting the Goa'uld and advancing much more primitive races?
                    Well I imagine that they would be more advanced.....but we will never know as there is no canon examples of it.

Comment

they'd be exterminated by the Goauld in a whim. Remember, Earth only survived by some luck and by being included in the Protected Planets Treaty

Comment

I'm thinking minnow traps would catch goul'd quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                        X