Ori Ships : How Strong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
    a shot hitting similar to the ancient sat weapon and i say it could k.o in a hit. though getting that exact shot would be neigh possible for every ship, though if the beam hit the front head on the ya its over.
    Pure speculation. We shouldn't assume the Ori can one shot Hives when only a single weapon has been shown to do so.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the only reason i speculate that is because of the way the beam travels the force its shown to delivered and what not. though i will admit one shot may not be possible but you must admit 2 to 3 shots around there should bring a hive down.
      time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
      sigpic

Comment

and by the time ori have the 2 shot there are already launched all the darts
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          and by the time ori have the 2 shot there are already launched all the darts
          What would darts do against the ori's shield and the ori fighters have shields as well so I don't see how launching darts would do anything
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

A ori ship has a small number of fighter 32 tops , sooner or later they would be defeated by the darts and lets not forget the the ori hove no effective weapon against a fighter especially if they attack from above or blow and how about a math 2000 darts + 2 days continuous attack = one destroyed ship .
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

A ori ship has a small number of fighter 32 tops , sooner or later they would be defeated by the darts and lets not forget the the ori hove no effective weapon against a fighter especially if they attack from above or blow and how about a math 2000 darts + 2 days continuous attack = one destroyed ship .
              I just don't see fighters doing any damage to an ori ship, a ha'tak slammed into one and did nothing and 32 is a number you are making up so we really don't know how many fighters they have and as far as I am concerned no amount of darts will do any damage to an ori mother ship with their uber shields and they do have those less powerful not frontal cannons that did a pretty good job against the milky way fleet ships
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

im guessing it would take 3 hives and 2 cruisers to take out a ori ship

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  I just don't see fighters doing any damage to an ori ship, a ha'tak slammed into one and did nothing and 32 is a number you are making up so we really don't know how many fighters they have and as far as I am concerned no amount of darts will do any damage to an ori mother ship with their uber shields and they do have those less powerful not frontal cannons that did a pretty good job against the milky way fleet ships
                  ever heard of death by one thousand cuts
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

ever heard of speed only limited by accelleration and time? (and c)

besides, i'm wondering how well an Ori mothership can withstand a HIVESHIP colliding with it.

Comment

i was thinking about kamikaze cruisers but the hives are much better , and how about super-hive vs a ori
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

It's not like our present day technology could ever defeat the ori or goa'uld, but it does sustain billions upon billions more people than a middle age agrarian society could ever hope.[/QUOTE]
                        wonder if the Ori enhance their agrarian soceities produciing food by usin their ascended powers

in case of the ori we see that they don't have any ship building infrastructure , and about why the ori and the goa'uld have only middle age societies is because a more advanced followers would start to thing about the true deity of their gods , we see this whit the rebel jaffa , and the ori resistance , now if the have a Victorian age people , or a WWII there would be even more people putting questions so it's a compromise .
                        touche

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                        Nope, the Wraith would get pawned so quick. The Ori weapons can destroy ships whith shields in one shot, and the Wraith don't even have shields. The Wraith ships would get one shot K.O non stop.
                        don't recall from The Pegasus Project how many times Ori ship would need to shoot Wraith cruiser to destroy it

The MW repicators would be interesting, it would be a close fight
                        how so?

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                        Unlikely. Wraith Hives can take more punishment than Ha'taks and nothing indicates the Ori could one shot their ships.

The Wraith beat the Ancients I doubt the Ori with their limited amount of ships would be able to stop the Wraith. Plus if the Wraith get a Superhive the Ori are toast.
                        Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        tactically, no.

but at least we didn't figure out any ori tech without thorough instructions. like daniel provided when he was a prior.
                        wonder if this is a plot glitch since the we can't be so sure the Ori had that type of tech technology more advanced than the ancients
                        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

because Mckay is a plot glitch on his own. seriously, is he a descended ancient or so?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            besides, i'm wondering how well an Ori mothership can withstand a HIVESHIP colliding with it.
                            Also depends on how good the Wraiths insurance is!

Prior: What have you done to the side of my ship! Did you even LOOK when you PULLED OUT!!
                            *wraith drone points to mask and shrugs*
                            Prior: oh .....yes .... i see....

[''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                              wonder if this is a plot glitch since the we can't be so sure the Ori had that type of tech technology more advanced than the ancients
                              The Ori aren't all that. The Asgard built a weapon to beat them in a year, the Ancients without prep already have technology that can maul the Ori forces.

Ancients > Ori.

The most impressive thing I've seen from the Ori is collapsing a planet into a blackhole and the Supergate was pretty darn cool, but I'd take making hyperdrive suicidal across an entire galaxy over that.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

See that's why i made this topic so we can have people questing the God status of the ori ship . Now i know i was not the only one who thinks that the ascend knowledge can make a much stronger ship
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                                X