No announcement yet.

About Star Gate ship weapons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO we need missiles that can smash through darts with ease and at least take some weapons fire from fighters before getting to their target.
    If a swarm of mark 8 nukes could actually make it to a Hive or Cruiser target then I bet only a couple would be needed to take out a Hive and maybe one to take out a Cruiser.

I'm wondering what the best laser cannons of RL today would do to a Hive's hull.
    Could they destroy something like a Hive or Cruiser?

Comment

or how about mark IX drones
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
        IMO we need missiles that can smash through darts with ease and at least take some weapons fire from fighters before getting to their target.
        If a swarm of mark 8 nukes could actually make it to a Hive or Cruiser target then I bet only a couple would be needed to take out a Hive and maybe one to take out a Cruiser.

I'm wondering what the best laser cannons of RL today would do to a Hive's hull.
        the thing is it would be easier to just use asgard beams.

ship to ship the laser canons would probly be o use but I bet if we found a hive on the ground we could use them to cut straight through the hull.

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          or how about mark IX drones
          using nuke drones would make use to powerful against the wraith. but any way why use a mark 9 when a mark 1 would do the job when in side a wraith ship

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
            the thing is it would be easier to just use asgard beams.
            You know that for a fact?

We can make lasers in the real world, probably pretty easily, we have no clue what goes into making APBWs.
            We have to build new ships, constantly modify old ones too.
            Of course the obvious reply to the question above is probably gonna be something like "if Lasers were good enough then we'd have used them for that purpose already", but we all know that anything that gets in the way of a story's drama and tension on Stargate is never gonna be used, if it was then Earth would already have owned the Wraith and any one of the enemies it's faced with the Asgard tech we have and Earth stuff.
            If we used the kinds of strategy a lot of people come up with on this forum, with the tech of the SG universe we'd have little worries in the SGverse IMO.
            ship to ship the laser canons would probly be o use but I bet if we found a hive on the ground we could use them to cut straight through the hull.
            I'm not sure what you mean by "o use", if a laser could deliver say the same level of heat and had the same ability to cut through solid objects as Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons do then why not give them a go?
            Even if a series of lasers, positioned strategically over the hull of a 304 weren't a quarter the power of the APBWs they'd be a good option as a replacement for rail guns or maybe as a middle ground weapon, with no chance of us missing a target.

Comment

or a point deference weapons just like the earth ship in star control 2 (which you probably never played )
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                scientifically proven concepts for creating, harnessing, and providing power from fusion???
                Would you care to elaborate? Not being a boo bird but we won't see fusion replacing conventional power plants for at least 20 years (if ever).
                general fusion from canada recently proved their concept of using a shockwave to compress a target of fusion fuel and lower the energy requirements for ignition, theres the inertial confinement thing i explained in my post before, the navy just gave robert bussard's old company 8 million dollars in aditional funding to develop a polywell fusion reactor that can break even

there's more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head

also I wouldn't give up on fusion power, we know it's physically possible just very difficult, einstein said fission power was impossible after all

Comment

well here is another true fact : we can build ships that go with 0.12 c so what it doesn't help us whit anything
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    i dont get that they didn't fire all railguns AND all missiles at the same time. they just need a small path clear for the missiles.

and i never found out why we don't have some weaponsgrade particle beam cannons
                    All they need is automated fire control - it's just that simple. Relying upon humans to piddle around and control every individual discharge of a weapon is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                      general fusion from canada recently proved their concept of using a shockwave to compress a target of fusion fuel and lower the energy requirements for ignition, theres the inertial confinement thing i explained in my post before, the navy just gave robert bussard's old company 8 million dollars in aditional funding to develop a polywell fusion reactor that can break even

there's more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head

also I wouldn't give up on fusion power, we know it's physically possible just very difficult, einstein said fission power was impossible after all
                      Einstein was far overrated. Fission is many orders of magnitude simpler to initiate and control. The temperatures involved with fission are below 1000F which means no technological improvements were needed for Admiral Rickover to build S1W prototype. I used to work at that plant and the physical equipment was scavanged from irrigation companies, ketchup plants (I swear to god our critical charging pumps still had hienz catsup factory nametags on them), and other agricultural applications. The fuel, cladding, and control rods did require some innovation. In truth less effort was needed to make this first plant than Tesla expended on the first hydro plant.

I'm not going to hold my breath on Fusion.

Comment

fusion my not be our best thing but is one of the best we've got
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post

If a bunker buster can smash thru feet of concrete going thru a dart should be easy. Perhaps we are thinking about this all wrong and we should use Davy Crocket type weapons to clear the space between hives and 304s. Anyone in a non-sheilded craft within miles of a tiny nuke will be instantly killed by radiation and these baby nukes could be deployed easily (need to make sure 302s are in the fighter bay though). I'd like to see tolan ion cannons deployed against hives myself.

Comment

or bombs whit the tollan walk trow wall
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                            X