No announcement yet.

About Star Gate ship weapons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today we have the tech to generate plasma hotter then the sun and they are currently working on a 12 billion euros generator that could stop the energy crisis(in reality) .
    and to compare the cost
    304 : 4 billion
    Icarus : 7 billion
    plasma energy generator : 12 billion .
    this means that sg needs to remake the costs of their ships .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post
      All things shown is stargate are possibly real but the energy and effect of those are visually incorrect because of the ignorance of the CG department and people who know how things work are irritated by their work. Myself included.
      By all things I assume you mean all weapons... but how? I'd always assume that real-life space weapons would be more like something from startrek, a continuous stream that gets to its target near instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
        today we have the tech to generate plasma hotter then the sun and they are currently working on a 12 billion euros generator that could stop the energy crisis(in reality) .
        and to compare the cost
        304 : 4 billion
        Icarus : 7 billion
        plasma energy generator : 12 billion .
        this means that sg needs to remake the costs of their ships .
        Please provide a link for this world wide 12 billion euro generator. I'm not doubting you but believe you have misread something somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
          By all things I assume you mean all weapons... but how? I'd always assume that real-life space weapons would be more like something from startrek, a continuous stream that gets to its target near instantly.
          I also said CG people really messed it up but the explanation to those weapons are possible. Also for the record Star Trek space battles are on visual done at the same range as the SG battles but they still miss all the time look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50d18pM4Rec

Self contained ball/beam/ray of plasma good.

Snake like thing that stuns on the first shot, good. Kill on the second shot, good. Disintegrates on the third...erh...

Anubis Supership Deathlighting, good.(and seems to bypass Goa'uld shields and arcs to nearby ships)

BC-304 Rail guns good. And they should shoot round at +0.4c but don't state this and I can't use it in Vs. battles and visuals are so much slower.

Ships have a 10.000G plus acceleration but the crew don't go splat. The reason are inertial dampeners. They exist but not in the way portrayed in SG and any known material would be destroyed at that acceleration. I got to get back to you on this one.

Ubatanium that can be a room temperature superconductor, good. Is good at storing energy in most forms and is really durable, good. Has a energy potential more than the total sum of its mass...err...moving on.

Etc.

Also most likely all beam weapons will be in the upper frequencies which the human eye can't see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AV5a...eature=channel . Actually watch all of his videos and you probably get the answers to most of your questions.

Comment

All things shown is stargate are possibly real but the energy and effect of those are visually incorrect because of the ignorance of the CG department and people who know how things work are irritated by their work. Myself included.
            This probably has less to do with ignorance and more with what the audience wants to see. Imagine if all those laser weapons in Star Wars actually fired invisible beams of light...I'm pretty sure the entire movie series would have tanked...might not have even gotten a second movie. I know alot of people, especially girls, who are totally not interested in sci-fi but love the newest Star Trek movie and Avatar and some have even seen them more than once mainly because of the really nice visual effects...

BC-304 Rail guns good. And they should shoot round at +0.4c but don't state this and I can't use it in Vs. battles and visuals are so much slower.
            I believe it was stated in the show that the stargate rail guns shoots rounds at mach 5 (at least in planet's atmospheres), which is about the same as existing experimental railguns...

Comment

and also because of it size it can really dodge , but i never hear : Evasive maneuvers Mr Data
              Star trek has attack patterns for the very reason I mentioned (attack pattern Delta ring a bell?). The fire control system knows the maneuver the enemy is dead before they figure it out. You need to pay more attention when you watch star trek.

Comment

come on i even seen the original series whit cap. Kirk , by the way god bless satellite TV.
                and back to the chase humans in stargate don't have the experience of the federation , i mean the federation has more ships and foes
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

Comment

well railguns do exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1q_rRicAwI

The US Navy is already planning to deploy railguns

On January 31, 2008 the US Navy tested a railgun that fired a shell at 10.64 MJ with a muzzle velocity of 2,520 m/s.[15] Its expected performance is a muzzle velocity over 5,800 m/s, accurate enough to hit a 5 meter target over 200 nautical miles (370.4 km) away while firing at 10 shots per minute. The power was provided by a new 9-megajoule (MJ) prototype capacitor bank using solid-state switches and high-energy-density capacitors delivered in 2007 and an older 32-MJ pulse power system from the US Army’s Green Farm Electric Gun Research and Development Facility developed in the late 1980’s that was previously refurbished by General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Division[16]. It is expected to be ready between 2020 to 2025.

Its ! He is watching you!!

Comment

i am aware of the existence of rail guns but we also have a 25 MW plasma generator that reaches a temperature hotter then the sun and is contained into a magnetic field
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

come on i even seen the original series whit cap. Kirk , by the way god bless satellite TV.
                      and back to the chase humans in stargate don't have the experience of the federation , i mean the federation has more ships and foes
                      Watch the new star trek movie. They don't engage without an evasive or attack pattern.

Comment

i am aware of the existence of rail guns but we also have a 25 MW plasma generator that reaches a temperature hotter then the sun and is contained into a magnetic field
                        Is that net 25MW or is there input power needed to keep it going. There is no such thing as net hydrogen fussion power generation that runs 7/24. By the way, 25 MW is nothing. When it makes a 1000 MW and can be built for less than 5 billion american let me know.

Comment

or was it 35 gw i don't remember but it think it generated 23 something and req 25 something
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

or was it 35 gw i don't remember but it think it generated 23 something and req 25 something
                            That isn't viable. Please quit referring to this as a viable option for anything. until it makes net power.

Comment

well how about a nuclear power plant . but back to the chase i think that don't use evasive maneuvers is because they prefer to use that power for the shields
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

well how about a nuclear power plant . but back to the chase i think that don't use evasive maneuvers is because they prefer to use that power for the shields
                                I work at a fission nuke plant. I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity to work at a fusion plant because it is not viable outside scifi.

SG is the only series that doesn't maneuver. The writers just don't seem real bright.

Comment

Working...
                                X