Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    @ALL
    please all this talk about merlins phase shifting tech cloaks laserbeams yadda yadda is borderline fanwank as that kind of tech isnt in the reach of the tau'ri and prob wont be anywhere in the near future.

you say the the tech isnt in reach of the tauri and yet all they need is the Free Jaffa Nation to supply them with a few Goa'uld cloaking devices.

IMO that is within reach.

And you thing that a team of Zelenka, McKay, and Carter couldn't figure out how to reverse engineer an Ancient Cloak?

then again all they really need to do is pull a cloaking generator from a puddle jumper and have the Asgard core on the Oddy scan it and replicate it.(STILL WITIN REACH)
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

goauld cloaking devices? the biggest thing they have been able to cloak is an alkesh. besides the jaffa do not understand the tech left by the goauld. and reverse enginering anything ancient at all is well beyond the tauri as it was far beyond even the asgard. and you are over simplifying it isnt just that easy. anyway belive what you want and by all means continue fanwanking im done argueing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
        goauld cloaking devices? the biggest thing they have been able to cloak is an alkesh. besides the jaffa do not understand the tech left by the goauld. and reverse enginering anything ancient at all is well beyond the tauri as it was far beyond even the asgard. and you are over simplifying it isnt just that easy. anyway belive what you want and by all means continue fanwanking im done argueing.
        Apophis was able to cloak many Ha'tak vessels, surprising Heru'ur, and killing him. (The Serpent's Venom)
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

he was the only one as we havnt seen a cloaked hataks since then and anubis didnt even have such tech.

i could however accept a mcgyvered tauri cloak with say 10mins of use then it needs to recharge due to whatever reason.

Comment

heres a possible prototype design for you naq_nut

i decided on a single hangar bay on the bottom of the ship. the only things that can land in it are fighter size craft
            Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 25 December 2009, 04:37 AM.
            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

All the cloaked Ha'taks in "The Serpent's Venom" were shown destroyed to allow Apophis' escape. The rest of Apophis' fleet was destroyed when Carter blew up the Tok'ra sun, and Apophis himself died soon after. The cloaking technology was exclusive to his fleet, so it is probably all gone now.

I like the idea of a medical ship, but not for use in combat. There are thousands of worlds in the two galaxies the Tau'ri fleet operates in would benefit from our relatively advanced medical knowledge. I know it would be prohibitively expensive in terms of resources put towards a mission not benefiting Earth, but the Milky Way and Pegasus would greatly benefit from a tour of a medical ship on a mission of mercy and medical care.

Maybe find a fairly developed world well-known to the people in the neighboring worlds. Arrange an agreement with them to allow their world to be a stop on the tour of the Tau'ri Hospital Ship Janet Frasier. They spread the word to the surrounding planets that free medical care will be available in two months for a week. Frasier shows up, lands, treats thousands with simple diseases and ailments we have cures for, educates planetary leaders in sanitation, provides medicine and instruction to budding physicians from other planets, etc.

The hosting planet gets the benefit of the medical care, plus maybe economic boost from off-world visitors. Other planets get medical care, exposure to other worlds, education, etc. Earth gets their name out there as a beneficial world, allies, good will, warm fuzzies, training for their personnel in off-world relations, a chance to study other cultures, exposure to new medical cases and practices and maybe new cures ("Oh, on my world we give people with cancer this weed that we have tons of, and they get better in a week").

This assumes that the galaxy is in a state of peace, and would work better in the Milky Way, but it doesn't require a single cloak, railgun, heavy armor plate, or battle shield. Landing the ship (which pretty much all Stargate ships are capable of) means it really doesn't have to rely on large-scale Asgard beaming systems and tons of rings, neither does it need auxiliary ships. Maybe one Beaming array and a pair of rings platforms for transporting to/from orbiting ships? Maybe one or two shuttles to visit far-off settlements on the host world.

The savings made by avoiding tech R&D and construction of advanced military hardware can make up for the cost of building, crewing, and supplying the ship and sending it on what could be seen as a pointless and unprofitable mission. But it has long-term PR benefits in a galaxy so used to oppression and enslavement. Plus, it seems like it's the sort of thing the IOA would jump on, so funding could be had if it was needed. It improves the way we look to other worlds, does our part to help rebuilding in the wake of the Ori and the Goa'uld, would do well to paint the program in a positive light if/when disclosure happens, it would even be tremendously useful on Earth itself as well.

So, battlefield hospital? Maybe not a feasible idea for a dedicated ship. But a ship that travels around putting our technology and knowledge to good use? Something I could get behind.
              Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

if we use merlins phase shifting tech and modify it so we can instead of city (in one of SG-1 episodes) hide ships, than we can avoid any fights, because no one will know we are there.

No need for powerfull shields and we could spend all our power on really fast hyperdrives.

Comment

shield systems power is diverted to propulsion as soon as the hyperdrive is engaged.

I have been working on a medical ship as well as "Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei". It will has a more rounded feel, with the same style as my Tauri Deep Space Cruiser. changed the name to Asclepius, rather than hippocrates.

It won't have beam weapons or an intergalactic hyperdrive...just top notch shields and a thick hull. It will carry two of the medical transport shuttles.

An extra feature is the detachable hospital pods...thunderbird two in style. The ship lands detaches a hospital pod and lifts off.

sigpic

Comment

Why bova with any of this???

it would be far easier to just get the tech for the atlantis episode The Ark and just beam up who u need and take them to a base with all the right facilities. Of couse though it would be useful to have some better healing tech on our ships and basing.

Comment

What if we start to analyzing Asgard tech? Thor was able to recover using there healing station/bed/whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                        Why bova with any of this???

it would be far easier to just get the tech for the atlantis episode The Ark and just beam up who u need and take them to a base with all the right facilities. Of couse though it would be useful to have some better healing tech on our ships and basing.
                        I thought that to begin with but a few thoughts crossed my mind...
                        - deadly virus, dont want that coming through a gate to a base or Earth!
                        - assist after a planet atack
                        - worlds without gates
                        - new colonies needing medical attention
                        etc

sigpic

Comment

I reckon it'd be better off for a medical ship to be the size of a Goa'uld cargo ship and actually deployed out of a larger vessel.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            I thought that to begin with but a few thoughts crossed my mind...
                            - deadly virus, dont want that coming through a gate to a base or Earth!
                            - assist after a planet atack
                            - worlds without gates
                            - new colonies needing medical attention
                            etc
                            we would not take them to earth. maybe an off world base. this is much cheaper than a new ship and this way all ships could help people around the galaxy. they would not need a gate thwe would come by ship.

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                            What if we start to analyzing Asgard tech? Thor was able to recover using there healing station/bed/whatever.
                            that would be a good idea but a dont think it will happen because it would be hard to kill any1 off

Comment

If its a global virus we can not evac a planet to a base...and if you move a virus it could spread.

sigpic

Comment

Or we could modify 304's so that hanger bays are modified as a parking space for fixed number of human made PJ's and if needed entire crew can be evacuated on I dont know, maybe 16 PJ's?

In case 304 is destroyed, PJ's still have enough space to save the entire crew and on short distances one PJ can carry maybe up to 20 people? And that can meen that 6 PJ's can be used for ship defence, and other 10 are used for crew to escape...

Comment

Working...
                                X