No announcement yet.

Isn't Earth invulnerable to attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additionally, we don't know what would happen if you went through the Stargate to a planet completely under cloak.

Comment

i think it would be much the same as when ford stole the jumper and left atlantis during the siege
      sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
        i think it would be much the same as when ford stole the jumper and left atlantis during the siege
        That was just cloak. I meant out of phase (invisible and untouchable)

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
          That was just cloak. I meant out of phase (invisible and untouchable)
          Then why did you say cloak and not out of phase and if we went to a planet completely out of phase i assume since the stargate was out of phase then the wormhole would probably put us out of phase once we turn into solid matter from the energy we were in while going through the wormhole.

So to summarise we would just be out of phase with them and i presume that's why earth would never do it.
          sigpic

Comment

umm there was an ep where daniel went through the gate while out of phase
            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
              umm there was an ep where daniel went through the gate while out of phase
              Yes. We were speaking of going through the gate to a planet completely out of phase (while you are not out of phase)

Comment

You would go out of phase as soon as you went through the other side since the stargate is out of phase
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
                  You would go out of phase as soon as you went through the other side since the stargate is out of phase
                  Hm... that's an interesting approach. I am inclined to agree... there's just no proof either way.

Comment

If the stargate was cloaked, I'd agree. But, the stargate is out of phase, something quite different. You wouldn't be able to dial in.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Ah now i just feel stupid.

way smarter than me
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                        If the stargate was cloaked, I'd agree. But, the stargate is out of phase, something quite different. You wouldn't be able to dial in.
                        assuming the gate connected, or if the gate was brought out of phase after the gate connected.

Comment

assuming the gate connected, or if the gate was brought out of phase after the gate connected.
                          See, the gate wouldn't connect. Think of it in terms of levels. Our plane of existence is on Level 1. Stargates can only connect if they're on the same level. When one stargate goes out of phase, it gets brought to Level 2. The Level 1 gate, and the Level 2 gate cannot connect unless they are brought to the same level.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

See, the gate wouldn't connect. Think of it in terms of levels. Our plane of existence is on Level 1. Stargates can only connect if they're on the same level. When one stargate goes out of phase, it gets brought to Level 2. The Level 1 gate, and the Level 2 gate cannot connect unless they are brought to the same level.
                            I meant assuming that the gate had already connected, and then the gate on Earth's side was brought out of phase along with the whole planet.

Comment

I meant assuming that the gate had already connected, and then the gate on Earth's side was brought out of phase along with the whole planet.
                              The wormhole would disengage, I would think.

sigpic

Comment

The wormhole would disengage, I would think.
                                That, or the effect would spread to the offworld gate and its surrounding area, making the warriors surrounding the offworld gate able to come through and be splattered by the iris, or come through unharmed and attack the planet :/.
                                Last edited by sgc; 29 November 2010, 07:05 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                                X