X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by comperius View Post
    well if I must suggest some minor upgrades:
    - primary shields surrounding the base
    - secondary shields surrounding the stargate or gateroom (in case that the gate wants to explode)
    - instead of steal blast doors an energy like blockades could be install in the base, for instant activation and disabling inside base possible enemy movement
    - install some weapons in gate room, so need of human fire exposure risks is eliminated,
    - asgard transport platform for the need of beaming in or off the base to 304's or any other SG world object on the planet (Area 51, Antarctica, shipyard, constructuon yard, etc).
    - opening of a Asgard Core room, where they can access the Core's info
    - opening of a Ancient Database terminal room, where they can access the Ancient database
    - inside the base, several terminals with access to Asgard and Ancient database should be installed
    - DHD could be replaced with a new, more powerfull one or a replica of the DHD installed on Atlantis, with huge display and some other cool stuff

and there are of course many new stuff but that's just the most important...
    but then when an enemy activates the blast doors like in 'menace' where we took forever to cut through the doors if we use shields like that then one we could cut through it and we'd just turn off the power.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Wouldn’t it be easier with Atlantis on Earth just to transfer the SGC to there as:-

1) The Pegasus gate takes priory over the MW gate at the SGC
      2) It’s got everything they need (shield over gate, intergalactic dialling capabilities etc).
      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
      "That he is concealing something."
      "Like what?"
      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
        Wouldn’t it be easier with Atlantis on Earth just to transfer the SGC to there as:-

1) The Pegasus gate takes priory over the MW gate at the SGC
        2) It’s got everything they need (shield over gate, intergalactic dialling capabilities etc).
        That's a valid point but I mean up until EATG the SGC has looked the exact same except the occasional change in screen color.

Comment

there is just one thing that i never understood. if was in charge of the SGC, i had immediately installed a bunker at either side of the gateroom with an MG in it and a stunner rifle of some kind (wheter alien or earth made).
          you know where the doors are? those doors would be gone and instead lead to the bunker.

the bunkers being covered in ceramic polymer plating. and sandbags.

the difference? whenever an alien race does get through the gate, they're mowed down the instance they set foot on the ramp.

you can get out via two new side doors at the back of the gateroom.

those doors can be electrically charged so they are magnetically sealed into their holdings. touching is insta-death, and the magnetic sealing prevents anyone from just opening them.
          the normal blast door going over the control room is replaced by a new trinium-titanium one, with ceramic polymer coating. should someone lob a bomb through, then asgard beaming tech solves the problem.

those are the things that are bugging me. and if all power goes out, even then we aren't instantly dead.

Comment

First make the asgard beam jamers stronger so ba'als trick cant happen again
            Add a ring room so you can ring to area 51 / 304s /antartic outpost/ other places
            swap one MG in the gate room for an energy weapon so there is soome variety in case one or the other is infective.
            Asgard dialling tech so it can dial faster
            Pegasus gate to dial faster keep the MW gate as a backup
            Shield irs backup keep the metal one though.
            shields to backup the blast doors
            Sheilds on the main door.
            Jumper bay above gateroom, add a second layer of blast doors it should look a bit like this excuse the terible drawing.

In the Antarctic outpost

Guns around the rings
            Asgard core (safer than leaving it on odessy)
            any of the atlantis database that can be copied
            asgard sheilds to protect it
            a new chair get it from the tower offer to resetle that planets people in the MW

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
              well O'Niel once sad that they did a really nice paint job .

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              And yet only 1 created in the last day so lets all pay attention .

Things to be added (List made by Oniell)
              A pool table.
              A second main door
              Rename the mountain (Chayney mountain)
              More than 4 gaurd on the main door
              1 new corridor (Makes the base look bigger)
              Removal of the mothership set so they dont have to be careful were they go on camera.
              A DHD roulette table.

Slightly more serios
              Encase the Stargate in steel with only the working parts needed to dial moving and a ramp the full diameter of the gate extending 5 feet and then another Iris (Could work as a prison for unknown inbound travlers or SG teams without Iris codes).

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
              Another good point they've had the same software for 15 years!
              Actually, the dialling speed has been improved .... remember in the old episodes!!!

I think it's because the old screens are more resilient - and the question of funding, the government, the IOA ... and plus, Walter likes it that way .... Don't wanna have a cranky Walter!!!!

Hmmm... the room idea would be good, but you don't want to allow enemies into the SGC - and people didn't/don't know earth's address -random dialling is unlikely

Comment

oh one more thing: put metal interconnected tiles on the floor. if an enemy gets through: electrocute!

Comment

oh a shield over the control room windows

Comment

A ring room because asgard beaming I don't think works in the SGC because they're shielding to block it.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
                      A ring room because asgard beaming I don't think works in the SGC because they're shielding to block it.
                      This such a simple yet useful addition easy access to various other places

but make it one where the rings come down from really high so they are hard to tamper with

Comment

or maybe take the technology inside the rings and directly incorporate it into the rooms. and naturally protected with advanced digital protection so an enemy can not hack it so fast.

Comment

I think that 1on1 beaming platform would be a better choise for site to site transport. This also enables us to transport our elite forces to other important locations from SGC, but not inside.

Rings are limited to proximity I think. So it could be used only for SGC to ship transport.

Comment

seeing the distances in space, a single ring station can get you everywhere on the planet.

i think rings should be placed inside the SGC but with proper security. also the important SG project sites should be interconnected by rings. make a central authority for rings where a ring station has to "call" the central, then the call is authorized and you can ring.

internally you do not need authority.

some other changes:

-the control room only controls the gate room. there is a second, "main control room" deeper inside the mountain, a safe distance from the gateroom. multiple redundant data "grids" run to and from it, so when an enemy blows up a part of the SGC not all data travel is down.

the Gateroom can be controlled by the Control room. if it, in any case, does not respond or is coded to be "compromised" the main control room takes over.

the main control room controls the entire base, and is properly shielded from intrusion. like, double doors etc.

Comment

thekillman, distance is not the problem, but the path of traveling. I think that there musn't be anything between two platforms for rings to make the transport.

Comment

i doubt that. a deadalus class has the rings deep inside the craft and can use them.

there seem to be two simple rules.

1: an inter ring connection requires no actual movement of the rings themselves
                                2: a ring-ground connection does require the rings to physically move down to the place where you want to drop off.

a ring can intercept a matterstream.

if you do need a free path, then make 6 orbital sattelites which do allow such movement. or just make an asgard beaming sattelite

Comment

Working...
                                X