Satellite defence system for Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    we already have several naquahdah mines.

also living on a planet that essentially is a bomb.... nah thanks
    Good point.
    Yet we still need the control of worlds, which means alot more people need to be incharge of the air force...probably the navy needs be brought in since it's really unrealistic to expect the air forces current recruitment to surfice the needs of 40 some-odd ships or even the construction projects aside from the ships.

Comment

put it that way and yes, it's possible. but is it probable?

when you have 40 ships, it's a waste of the investment to keep them at earth. however, as each WILL require maintenance, refuel and re-crew every now and then, i would add two things:

-give each 304 a stargate (MW ships a MW gate, PG ships a PG gate. use the leftovers from the gate bridge)

-at all times, at least 2 304's are at earth for maintenance, refuel, repair, etc. because it's a waste of power to constantly let 304's move between MW and Pg, the stargates are used for that.

also, build a permanent base in PG for 304 refuel (possibly by gate).

this would make quite a watertight defence. assuming 4-6 304's are used in Pg and the rest is in the MW supporting SG teams and helping civelisations.

because of this, a 304 can be recalled faster and with greater ease, thus removing the need for "my" system.

however, i doubt your plan of asgard construction measures can be implemented in just one year. most components are to be made by the Core which is also buisy supplying the APBW's and such.

my plan is for an early earth, yours for a later earth
      Well, first we'll have to be able to build gates. But I agree, for the most part. I think that the gates should be like the Asuran satellite, that they should take precedence over another gate, and that you should be able to take the gate offline due to landings or orbital patterns around Earth, Alpha, etc. Also designed like the Tollan gate, so that the symbols are not on the gate, and so it doesn't get confusing.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well, first we'll have to be able to build gates
        no, if we remove the gate bridge we have 47 gates or so, which is more than enough for the coming decade.

Comment

no, if we remove the gate bridge we have 47 gates or so, which is more than enough for the coming decade.
          I think that system should either be fixed, or those gates should go back to the planets that they were collected from. :/
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

the gates were salvaged from uninhabited planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
              Fair enough, planetary defense could however include pre-emptive strikes, or taking out a threat long before it's anywhere near Earth coz you're stopping a threat from harming our homeworld.
              I'm in no way apposed to us increasing our production capacities, but I think the best and most likely way that's gonna happen is to simply make a few more regular shipyards like the one(s) Earth already has, which I'd imagine will eventually happen over time anyway and also increase resource production in line with this (as I think you mentioned before), probably just by creating more mining sites or using the beaming tech to refine materials as you extract them.

I already said that a 303 is likely about a tenth the size of an O'Neill from viewing that pic, you were saying a 304 is a tenth of an O'Neill, so you realised the sizing was wrong OK.

Using what measurements or comparisons?

How did you reach that conclusion, that they could make that many ships, in that amount of time? I don't necessarily think it's wrong, but you've not compared any sources so I don't see how you can come up with an end answer.
              My issue with all this is that I believe you think this can all be made from one shipyard.
              I think the better option would be to simply make more shipyards like the ones we already have, design a smaller class of ship that can be made much quicker, get more resources and used for defense/attack purposes alongside the larger 304s.
              Smaller ships could have less crew and thus costs of opperating them would be cheaper.

Good points, but that still doesn't trump cheap sats or cannons, alongside perhaps some smaller attack/defense ships for cost.
              The IOA is always gonna go for the cheaper option especially if it doesn't risk the skilled people in deep space combat and really all that's needed for taking out threats before they get to Earth is a means to deliver the APBWs in some quick strike fashion ASAP, small ships could do that and be made in larger numbers too, although they may not be as strong as a 304 (they could be since they'd have to use the same Asgard shield tech and would likely require less energy output to provide power to shield a smaller area than a 304 has to) they'd have numbers on their side too.

I'm not really now disputing Earth being able to make that many ships, I just don't think they can come out of one facility at that rate, a few more shipyards, greater resource production and yeah of course it's possible, perhaps could build more than the 40 in 10 years if we make more than 4 new shipyards and set things in motion.
              Cost is still an issue though, ships with smaller crews like I've mentioned above would be better than 304s IMO for a quick to implement fleet and you may be able to make a much larger fleet than even the 40 you want if jyou added a whole bunch of new, regular shipyards.
              Of course Asgard tech could potentially make things go much quicker if it's not already being used in the stages of ship building.

Now that's all been dealt with, since the topic is satellites for defense perhaps we should get back to how sats can be implemented for Earth's defense needs.

okay, i got the fact that a 304 is about twice the size of the promethius from the fact that a 304 carries 16 302s and the promethius carries 8 so naturally a 304 would most likely be twice as big since it carries twice the number of 302s and the 302 bays take up a lot of space now it could be slightly more or slightly less but for the sake of estimating, i dont think twice as big is that much since the promethius had a crew of 115, we know that from "ethon", and a 304 has a crew of 200 so they cant be too much bigger than about 2 times.

and i got the whole asgard ablity to make about 6 oniells in 4 years from the fact that they started at the beggining of season 4 episode "small victories" and at the beggining of season 8 the episode "new order" when the replicators attacked their homeworld they had roughly 6 oniells there waiting to blow the ship up and so i said that they could make 6 ships in 4 years and i personally think that they proboly had a few more that were either too far away to make it back in time to help or on some inportant mission but since we only saw 6 thats the number i went with, so if they can make at least 6 during war time, because you said that they might not be able to make the same number during peace time i cut that in half to 3 ships in 4 years. and as i explained above, i said that a 304 was about twice the size of a 303 and that a 303 was about 8 times the size of an oniell making a 304 4 times the size of an oniell. and when you divide 3 oniells by 4 years you get 0.75 oniells per year and when you multiply that by 4, since a 304 is 4 times the size of an oniell, you get 3 304s a year.

and i didint really think that we could make all of these ships in 1 shipyard but it shouldnt be too hard to build 1 or two more or possibly 1 in each of the 5 countries that are going to opperate the ships as long as we have the nessisary raw materials to meet production, and asgard beaming technology, we could build them anywhere in the world.

and im not opposed to building a fleet of like 303s or a much edited 303 design because any ship equiped with asgard beam weapons could own any other ship easily and it saves us money since there much smaller than 304s and crews since they only need 115 people to run them and they would give us the ability to strike outside our solar system in large force which is the idea that i really love. i mean think of it, the wraith are massing for an attack against atlantis, no problem, we send 25 ships to deal with them leaving another small fleet of 15 ships here to protect earth if the need arises but my point is that a fleet of ships would just give us more possible defense options than a satalite system and that ships are worth the extra cost because of the extra options it offers us.

but anyway back to the topic of a satalite defence system for earth...
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                okay, i got the fact that a 304 is about twice the size of the promethius from the fact that a 304 carries 16 302s and the promethius carries 8 so naturally a 304 would most likely be twice as big since it carries twice the number of 302s and the 302 bays take up a lot of space now it could be slightly more or slightly less but for the sake of estimating, i dont think twice as big is that much since the promethius had a crew of 115, we know that from "ethon", and a 304 has a crew of 200 so they cant be too much bigger than about 2 times.
                When was it stated that Prometheus carried 8 302s?

TBH neither crew carrying capacities or 302 numbers per ship are an indication of exactly how big either a 303 or 304 are when trying to find an accurate measurement for each, coz a 304 may have more ammo, power generators and other components could be a lot larger than on a 303.
                We'd need a comparison like perhaps a pic of a 303 next to a Ha'Tak and a 304 next to one, from that you could probably get a better measure of just how much larger a 304 is than a 303, although if scales change per each of the episodes used then it still wouldn't be all that accurate.
                and i got the whole asgard ablity to make about 6 oniells in 4 years from the fact that they started at the beggining of season 4 episode "small victories" and at the beggining of season 8 the episode "new order" when the replicators attacked their homeworld they had roughly 6 oniells there waiting to blow the ship up and so i said that they could make 6 ships in 4 years and i personally think that they proboly had a few more that were either too far away to make it back in time to help or on some inportant mission but since we only saw 6 thats the number i went with, so if they can make at least 6 during war time, because you said that they might not be able to make the same number during peace time i cut that in half to 3 ships in 4 years.
                OK 8 (including the ship in Small Victories and the Daniel Jackson) actually as a minimum number of however ships in general the Asgard could make would be fair.
                Like you I think they could probably make a fair few more than that, but however many more they had would depend on what ships they lost to the Replicators or on other missions elsewhere in the Universe.

I thought I said the Asgard would be able to make more vessels in peace time, well if I said they wouldn't be able to make as many in peace time I was probably wrong, at least they wouldn't have the losses they'd have during a war.
                and as i explained above, i said that a 304 was about twice the size of a 303 and that a 303 was about 8 times the size of an oniell making a 304 4 times the size of an oniell. and when you divide 3 oniells by 4 years you get 0.75 oniells per year and when you multiply that by 4, since a 304 is 4 times the size of an oniell, you get 3 304s a year.
                This whole 304 vs 303 size thing I still don't agree on, TBH I think it's impossible to know just how much bigger a 304 is compared to a 303, I usually look at where the 303s bridge (I believe that's the tower center back in the middle on Prometheus) is compared to a 304 (which is either on the nose on one of those humps or it's on the main plate part on top of the ship) since the bridges on both ships look too me to be roughly about the same size, maybe a 304s is a bit bigger, well looking at the outside of each ship every other part on a 304 is pretty large and takes up a significantly larger size than Prometheus, I haven't done any specific measuring of the whole thing but I'd say a 304 appears to have at least 3 times the overall volume that a 303 has from looking at the pics.
                and i didint really think that we could make all of these ships in 1 shipyard but it shouldnt be too hard to build 1 or two more or possibly 1 in each of the 5 countries that are going to opperate the ships as long as we have the nessisary raw materials to meet production, and asgard beaming technology, we could build them anywhere in the world.
                OK that's cool, just adding a few more ship yards in whatever secure location on the globe and possibly increasing the material output would work no problem IMO, with that we wouldn't even need Asgard beaming/matter conversion tech to get the ships finished.
                If you can effectively power an Asgard matter converter then of course that would increase the speed each ship yard can churn out a ship assuming that tech isn't already in use in some fashion on Earth.
                and im not opposed to building a fleet of like 303s or a much edited 303 design because any ship equiped with asgard beam weapons could own any other ship easily and it saves us money since there much smaller than 304s and crews since they only need 115 people to run them and they would give us the ability to strike outside our solar system in large force which is the idea that i really love. i mean think of it, the wraith are massing for an attack against atlantis, no problem, we send 25 ships to deal with them leaving another small fleet of 15 ships here to protect earth if the need arises but my point is that a fleet of ships would just give us more possible defense options than a satalite system and that ships are worth the extra cost because of the extra options it offers us.
                If you build a ship that's just using the raw tech a 304 has, like the same power generators, shields, weapons, run of the mill needed systems and as few a crew that you need to operate each ship well you could probably knock the ships size down to perhaps a 303s size, maybe up the shield strength a little as you haven't gotta shield such a large area as a 304.
                With the crew I think you could get away with as few as 30 people, since for these ships you don't need 302s, or a small army, just a few shift staff for general operations, maybe build some automated repair tech, internal defenses just in case you get boarded, you'd probably need medics, so maybe up that number to 50 people and that's you're ship sorted.
                but anyway back to the topic of a satalite defence system for earth...
                Oh yeah, uber nasty Tauri made Deus Ex Machina for when that unexpected threat comes to take us when our 40 ships are off fighting some threat, which against a fleet of 12 Hives and 36 Cruisers (hey it could happen ) if the Wraith decide to use them as a way to draw our attention and forces away to attack Earth with a few Hives and Cruisers well then we'd need something.
                A basic net of a dozen or two dozen satellites each with an Asgard shield, a couple APBW arrays and sufficient power generation would make for a good back up, those we could keep adding more to and would know how to repair/upgrade when needed.

Comment

When was it stated that Prometheus carried 8 302s?

TBH neither crew carrying capacities or 302 numbers per ship are an indication of exactly how big either a 303 or 304 are when trying to find an accurate measurement for each, coz a 304 may have more ammo, power generators and other components could be a lot larger than on a 303.
                  We'd need a comparison like perhaps a pic of a 303 next to a Ha'Tak and a 304 next to one, from that you could probably get a better measure of just how much larger a 304 is than a 303, although if scales change per each of the episodes used then it still wouldn't be all that accurate.

OK 8 (including the ship in Small Victories and the Daniel Jackson) actually as a minimum number of however ships in general the Asgard could make would be fair.
                  Like you I think they could probably make a fair few more than that, but however many more they had would depend on what ships they lost to the Replicators or on other missions elsewhere in the Universe.

I thought I said the Asgard would be able to make more vessels in peace time, well if I said they wouldn't be able to make as many in peace time I was probably wrong, at least they wouldn't have the losses they'd have during a war.

This whole 304 vs 303 size thing I still don't agree on, TBH I think it's impossible to know just how much bigger a 304 is compared to a 303, I usually look at where the 303s bridge (I believe that's the tower center back in the middle on Prometheus) is compared to a 304 (which is either on the nose on one of those humps or it's on the main plate part on top of the ship) since the bridges on both ships look too me to be roughly about the same size, maybe a 304s is a bit bigger, well looking at the outside of each ship every other part on a 304 is pretty large and takes up a significantly larger size than Prometheus, I haven't done any specific measuring of the whole thing but I'd say a 304 appears to have at least 3 times the overall volume that a 303 has from looking at the pics.

OK that's cool, just adding a few more ship yards in whatever secure location on the globe and possibly increasing the material output would work no problem IMO, with that we wouldn't even need Asgard beaming/matter conversion tech to get the ships finished.
                  If you can effectively power an Asgard matter converter then of course that would increase the speed each ship yard can churn out a ship assuming that tech isn't already in use in some fashion on Earth.

If you build a ship that's just using the raw tech a 304 has, like the same power generators, shields, weapons, run of the mill needed systems and as few a crew that you need to operate each ship well you could probably knock the ships size down to perhaps a 303s size, maybe up the shield strength a little as you haven't gotta shield such a large area as a 304.
                  With the crew I think you could get away with as few as 30 people, since for these ships you don't need 302s, or a small army, just a few shift staff for general operations, maybe build some automated repair tech, internal defenses just in case you get boarded, you'd probably need medics, so maybe up that number to 50 people and that's you're ship sorted.

Oh yeah, uber nasty Tauri made Deus Ex Machina for when that unexpected threat comes to take us when our 40 ships are off fighting some threat, which against a fleet of 12 Hives and 36 Cruisers (hey it could happen ) if the Wraith decide to use them as a way to draw our attention and forces away to attack Earth with a few Hives and Cruisers well then we'd need something.
                  A basic net of a dozen or two dozen satellites each with an Asgard shield, a couple APBW arrays and sufficient power generation would make for a good back up, those we could keep adding more to and would know how to repair/upgrade when needed.
                  I don't think the satellites should be around Earth, I think they should be around and in the solar system. It'll take a helluva lot more satellites, but we've never, if I remember correctly, never ever seen an enemy ship appear in hyperspace over the planet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    I don't think the satellites should be around Earth, I think they should be around and in the solar system. It'll take a helluva lot more satellites, but we've never, if I remember correctly, never ever seen an enemy ship appear in hyperspace over the planet.
                    Why shouldn't the satellites be placed around Earth?
                    Isn't having them dotted around the solar system and potentially having to fire in Earth's direction a tactically dangerous solution, especially if they are within firing range of the planet?
                    If the weapons are placed outside of the firing range needed to reach Earth an enemy would then have free reign, until any of your ships turn up.

I'm not apposed to having some sats dotted around the solar system, but surely they should just be added once you've properly covered Earth.

As I mentioned before I prefer the idea of making some ground based weapons that shoot up at targets in orbit, but there's always gonna be the chance an enemy can exit hyperspace nearby Earth or even in the planet's atmosphere and that's when you want to take out an enemy ASAP.
                    I think we have had some times in Stargate like New Order where the Replicator's ship dropped out of hyperspace next to Orilla, well within an orbital or ground based system's range.
                    If I remember correctly Anubis's fleet in The Lost City didn't drop out of Hyperspace far from Earth and The Lost Tribe dropped into normal space right inside of New Lantia's atmosphere.
                    Just coz we don't see enemies dropping into normal space close to a planet often that doesn't mean you should neglect that area of defense, if anything the fact it's not happened much in the past, the more chance it will happen in the future.

Comment

Isn't having them dotted around the solar system and potentially having to fire in Earth's direction a tactically dangerous solution, especially if they are within firing range of the planet?
                      If the weapons are placed outside of the firing range needed to reach Earth an enemy would then have free reign, until any of your ships turn up.

I'm not opposed to having some sats dotted around the solar system, but surely they should just be added once you've properly covered Earth.

As I mentioned before I prefer the idea of making some ground based weapons that shoot up at targets in orbit, but there's always gonna be the chance an enemy can exit hyperspace nearby Earth or even in the planet's atmosphere and that's when you want to take out an enemy ASAP.
                      I think we have had some times in Stargate like New Order where the Replicator's ship dropped out of hyperspace next to Orilla, well within an orbital or ground based system's range.
                      If I remember correctly Anubis's fleet in The Lost City didn't drop out of Hyperspace far from Earth and The Lost Tribe dropped into normal space right inside of New Lantia's atmosphere.
                      Just coz we don't see enemies dropping into normal space close to a planet often that doesn't mean you should neglect that area of defence, if anything the fact it's not happened much in the past, the more chance it will happen in the future.
                      This is why I suggested this multi stage satellite defence system

1. First line of defence is the Ancient Weapons satellites (that once defended Lantea) placed at Lagrangian points, these satellites have a large range and because they are placed at LP’s are spaced throughout the range of Earth’s orbit, including one on the far side of the sun (L3 point). The design of the satellites is upgraded to include shields.

2. Second line of defence is a series of a dozen or so APBW satellites in orbit (essentially it is an upgraded design from the plans obtained by the SGC for the Ori satellite being built by the Rand Protectorate) The main weapon is replaced by an APBW and the power supply comes from an Asgard power source similar to the one on the Asgard computer core. Keep the Ori shields as they are far stronger than anything we have encountered so far (also as thekillman suggested solar panels to provide low level power). These satellites are to take out any ships that make it past the first line of defence or drop out of hyperspace directly above Earth.

3. Third line of defence is a ground based cannon network, (not APBW’s but something more like a pulse cannon), which is designed to take out fighters (darts or death gliders) that have made it into the atmosphere, (as it’s not a good idea to have spaced based weapons satellites trying to take out fighters in the lower atmosphere, you risk hitting civilian targets).

As for enemies dropping out of hyperspace within the atmosphere then they could either be taken care of by the ground based cannon network or some 302’s could be sent to intercept.
                      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                      "That he is concealing something."
                      "Like what?"
                      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

2. Second line of defence is a series of a dozen or so APBW satellites in orbit (essentially it is an upgraded design from the plans obtained by the SGC for the Ori satellite being built by the Rand Protectorate) The main weapon is replaced by an APBW and the power supply comes from an Asgard power source similar to the one on the Asgard computer core. Keep the Ori shields as they are far stronger than anything we have encountered so far (also as thekillman suggested solar panels to provide low level power). These satellites are to take out any ships that make it past the first line of defence or drop out of hyperspace directly above Earth.
                        *sigh*.

the Ori shield on that sattelite, we know nothing about it. even goauld shields can stop missiles. we dont detonate them on the shields, the missiles simply impact upon them. so we know nothing of them.

i would go for an all-asgard sattelite.

many enemies dropped out of hyperspace above earth. infact, the Ori incursion and the Superhive incursion are the only examples that i can think of which dropped out earlier.

when a ship drops out of hyperspace, there is a general decelleration time. in the first goauld attack, they dropped out beyond jupiter to slow down in time. later on deceleration was fast enough to drop out in orbit

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post

1. First line of defence is the Ancient Weapons satellites (that once defended Lantea) placed at Lagrangian points, these satellites have a large range and because they are placed at LP’s are spaced throughout the range of Earth’s orbit, including one on the far side of the sun (L3 point). The design of the satellites is upgraded to include shields.
                          For any outer solar defense system we'd have to go with Asgard tech, and Tauri Naqueda enhanced nukes or rail guns as so far it's not been indicated that the Tauri can reproduce the Ancient's satellite technology, only the Asgard's APBWs.
                          We also have no clue whether the Ancient's satellite weapons would be effective against shields, for all we know the sats could have been designed solely for the purpose of taking out Wraith ships which as you should don't have shield technology.
                          Also with the whole satellite shields thing, well I realize the satellite we saw in Season 1 of Atlantis didn't have any shields operational, but back during the Ancient vs Wraith war they could have had and judging by their size I believe they would have been large enough to contain that technology.
                          I agree with most things here, although we have no way to really compare how good say Asgard shields are when compared to the Ori's, for all we know when properly powered they could easily be on a par with the Ori's or better than them.
                          Hell Odyssey could take one hell of a beating from the Ori's main weapons in AoT (I did make a note of how many shots are shown and I think it was over 20) and of course not so much of one in Unending (I think that was like 12 or something), but even Daedalus level shields would be sufficient on a station that's much smaller, the shields for the sats could then be even stronger due to you not having to shield such a large area and if you kept the same level of power as a standard 304 there's no reason why shields would get weaker.
                          With an orbital satellite network it'd be just as good, if not better than having an entire fleet of 304s in orbit constantly, especially if each cannon had an equal number of APBWs or some means to rapidly fire a single array.
                          3. Third line of defence is a ground based cannon network, (not APBW’s but something more like a pulse cannon), which is designed to take out fighters (darts or death gliders) that have made it into the atmosphere, (as it’s not a good idea to have spaced based weapons satellites trying to take out fighters in the lower atmosphere, you risk hitting civilian targets).
                          I don't recall you mentioning this, I thought I mentioned the cannons in this thread, but never mind.
                          I think having both sats in orbit and cannons on the ground is unnecessary, any cannon system, individually shielded, with perhaps a dual APBW and pulse weapon could take out pretty much any threat that comes into range of Earth.
                          A cannon has the option of firing up into the air on Earth, whereas a satellite can't really be used to fire down towards the ground as like you say you run the risk of hitting civilian targets

Outer defenses can deal with threats that drop into normal space out of range of the cannons.

Provided you had plenty dotted around the oceans (and cloaked so not to be seen) then I don't see Darts or Death Gliders getting the chance to make their way to cities, unless of course Ha'Taks or Hives exit hyperspace in Earth's atmosphere.
                          With the money we wouldn't be spending for sub light propulsion systems in the satellites you could potentially have a few more cannons and you haven't got the hassle of putting a weapon in space, with the added risks that brings like the firing down thing.
                          As for enemies dropping out of hyperspace within the atmosphere then they could either be taken care of by the ground based cannon network or some 302’s could be sent to intercept.
                          It's a shame we haven't got some small, mobile projectiles, something like a small non-nuclear missile, only better than any RL missile and a fraction of the size of one.
                          A short range weapon (can't hit every location on the globe from wherever it's launched), that's a highly maneuverable bullet, capable of taking out most fighters.
                          A kind of mini-drone is what I'm I'm thinking, only not so alien looking.
                          This part is probably the most difficult to come up with an idea for coz the public don't know about the Stargate or Earth's advanced tech.

Seeing 302s flying over cities could give the game away, cannons a little less risky as they'd be placed in see based locations or just far out of the public's view in secure locations, but the closer threats get to the ground the less chance a network of say a few dozen cannons can target things like fighters.

Comment

I'm not apposed to having some sats dotted around the solar system, but surely they should just be added once you've properly covered Earth.
                            Agreed.

Just coz we don't see enemies dropping into normal space close to a planet often that doesn't mean you should neglect that area of defense, if anything the fact it's not happened much in the past, the more chance it will happen in the future.
                            Ground based weapons, I'm good with, as long as they are well disguised. What the Replicators were trying to do were get blocks on the planet. Remember, they are a collective, and can be reborn again if their bodies are destroyed as long as there is still a few blocks active. The Asgard in LT were not going to try to destroy Atlantis, they were there for infiltration. And Anubis sent a vessel to check if the area was secure, before he sent his fleet. But, yes, I agree, there should be a satellite network around Earth, but also within the Solar System.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post

This is a good idea. In ten years. We don't even understand the tech of Atlantis or the Core.

sigpic

Comment

the core can make stuff for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X