No announcement yet.

Simply time travel deeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you trying to use twin paradox? There is a proposition like that in General Relativity. Suppose you have a wormhole. Nobody knows where one could come from, but if we just assume that it exists, we can make calculations with it. Now, accelerate one end to relativistic speeds and then bring it back to the same location. Now, one end of the wormhole is older than the other, yet, they must be connected in space-time. Therefore, what you have now is a wormhole through time.

Is that what you are talking about? Since the Stargate supposedly runs by utilizing wormholes, this should work.
    MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

the stargate is an artificial wormhole so maybe the ancients didnt see the potential of it being a time device since they had more efficient means
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe. Just seems like the kind of thing they could have programmed in for the heck of it, just because the gate network was already in place.

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by K^2 View Post
          On the slightly more related note, I wonder why Ancients didn't build in time-traveling capabilities. Seems like it'd be relatively easy to do. A wormhole can connect two points at different times just as well as it can connect two points in different places.
          Well we know from the Atlantis episode "Before I Sleep" that Ancients didn't like time travel and infact prohibited it, maybe they had some bad expierences with it, or just they didn't wanna mess things up...
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

"You will know the truth." Thanks for that. I've been looking for some honest test for my substitution cipher cruncher. Sorry about OT.

Looks familiar?

Comment

Working...
            X