Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anubis vs. the ori vs star wars empire vs. federation vs the ancients(pre-ascension)

holy crap a 5-way.

Comment

Originally posted by timstro59 View Post
      anubis vs. the ori vs star wars empire vs. federation vs the ancients(pre-ascension)

holy crap a 5-way.
      Too far....
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by timstro59 View Post

holy crap a 5-way.
        Ancients or Empire, depends on how many ships the Empire have. I think an Aurora with a ZPM could own heaps of Star destroyers though and if you also take into account the Ancients knack for making galaxy affecting superweapons the Empire is doomed.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          Ancients or Empire, depends on how many ships the Empire have. I think an Aurora with a ZPM could own heaps of Star destroyers though and if you also take into account the Ancients knack for making galaxy affecting superweapons the Empire is doomed.
          Yes, but for all their technology, the Ancients have never won a war throughout their recorded history. Nor have they ever come close to winning one.

The empire on the other hand, has a huge dedicated military.

Throughout our own history, it has been shown that mental attitude, leadership, and superior training usually wins out over sheer numbers, and military might.
          Empire>Ancients.
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
            Yeah, but there are not enough ODST to stop the entire USMC and RMC.
            Remember also, the ODST fill the role of Special Forces, Suicide missions behind enemy lines, sabotage and all that good stuff.

The Battle rifle is good, and with it's high calibre would cause problem for soldiers. But RMC aren't weighed down with full torso covering hard-plate armour. Halo Marines are. That said, maybe that huge armour will protect them against the 5.56 rounds from modern rifles.

Still, I think a war between the two would be very fast paced, and the RMC/USMC is better suited to that sort of warfare than the Halo Marines.
            Actually, I'd like to point out that given the 500 years of technological evolution on the UN's part, it's quite likely that their weapons are more effective, lightweight, and powerful than current era ones despite being of smaller caliber.
            Given the likely advancement in material science, that armor could be very lightweight and strong indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              Actually, I'd like to point out that given the 500 years of technological evolution on the UN's part, it's quite likely that their weapons are more effective, lightweight, and powerful than current era ones despite being of smaller caliber.
              Given the likely advancement in material science, that armor could be very lightweight and strong indeed.
              Battle Rifle:
              Lighter then modern weapons, Yes
              Better penetration, yes
              More stopping power, Definitely, a 9.5x40mm round is going to stop you.

But, they can't have a high muzzle velocity, due to the lack of recoil seen in them. Which impacts it's armour piecing ability.

So yes, their weapons are "better", but short of getting 100 Halo enthusiasts, versus 12 Marines (approx scale numbers) in a huge war game, your never going to know who would win.
              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                Yes, but for all their technology, the Ancients have never won a war throughout their recorded history. Nor have they ever come close to winning one.

The empire on the other hand, has a huge dedicated military.

Throughout our own history, it has been shown that mental attitude, leadership, and superior training usually wins out over sheer numbers, and military might.
                Empire>Ancients.
                We know of only one war, the Wraith war. They never fought the Ori and there are no other known enemies.

TBH nothing in the movies suggests to me the Empire is a magnificent fighting machine or that their ships can take down ZPM powered Aurora's.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  We know of only one war, the Wraith war. They never fought the Ori and there are no other known enemies.

TBH nothing in the movies suggests to me the Empire is a magnificent fighting machine or that their ships can take down ZPM powered Aurora's.
                  I thought they did fight the ori and that they ran away becouse they were loseing just like in the wraith war, and a zpm aurora is not going to withstand the death star nothing would or a super star destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by tomuchtimeonmyhands View Post
                    I thought they did fight the ori and that they ran away becouse they were loseing just like in the wraith war, and a zpm aurora is not going to withstand the death star nothing would or a super star destroyer
                    No they left because they didn't want to fight, there was no war.

High end ZPM figures give Atlantis enough shield power to laugh at the death star and we've seen ZPM powered 304's shrug off coronal mass ejections, I think an Ancient ship could utilize ZPM powered better than an Earth ship with Asgard upgrades.

Then there's weapons like Dakara which could easily wipe out a SSD or the Death Star. Super Stardestroyers are what 19km long? Its hardly fair to compare it with a ship a fraction of its size however I think a swarm of drones would eat it alive. Ancient energy beams can also cut through 11km long Hive ships in a single shot so they probably have enough firepower to cut through Star Destroyers shields or not shields.

The Ancients could even create replicators to fight the Empire or use time travel.

Comment

Personaly, i cant see why people consider the SSD, the death star, or hell, anything in star wars universe to even compare to, say, SG, halo, andromeda, and so on and on. As much material on SW, as i've seen, there weapons (besides maybe the easily avoidable, unless your a planet, DS beam) and defenses are petty at most, even compared to the gould.

Anyway, a better vs, if it hasnt been done already, acients vs shadows, let the fanwank (for both sides) roll.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                        Anyway, a better vs, if it hasnt been done already, acients vs shadows, let the fanwank (for both sides) roll.
                        hm, what/who are the shadows? sounds interesting, if you think they can be as wanked up as the ancient by a decent fanboy
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by IMDB
                        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                        Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                          hm, what/who are the shadows? sounds interesting, if you think they can be as wanked up as the ancient by a decent fanboy
                          :O you can't be serious? Who are the shadows?????
                          hehhe They are the bad guys from B5.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                            :O you can't be serious? Who are the shadows?????
                            hehhe They are the bad guys from B5.
                            sorry, never seen it could i get a quick description of who they are?
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

U'd be best google or wiki it. But they are an ancient alien race who come out the woodwork every few thousand years to sow discord and start wars. They look kinda like 7ft tall, black preying mantis with triangular heads and 6(8?) red eyes. Their ships are all spikey and pointy. They are hard to kill, and easily kill other things.
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

It was jet black. A shade of black so deep your eye just kinda slides off it. And it shimmered when you looked at it. A spider big as death and twice as ugly. And when it flies past, it's like you hear a scream in your mind.
                                I think thats a nice and appropriate description.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
                                X