This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it might be at first.

but things will get interesting once the thread kicks off.

Comment

Ok a hive against 4 ha'tak

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
        Hive hands down. Ha'tak shields suck ass, and wraith weapons are pretty strong considering.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

But ha'tak have manuverability and hive blasts are relatively slow.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
            ok, this is basically one big thread made for everyone to post their versus threads. This forum is getting completely spammed with them, and i have nothing wrong with that, but, if we pooled them here it would be easier to navigate.

Everytime someone proposed a versus battle ( this can include fanwank, e.g 3000 auror'as vs. 360 million borg cubes) i will post it in the thread start and the page number it is on so people can go there and discuss it, just make sure to use quotes.

So here's the list:

One Wraith hive ship .vs. 4 Ha'tak class goa'uld motherships.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...3#post10077923

Don't encourage these people. These versus threads are getting out of hand and are just stupid now.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

Daniel Jackson vs. Jonas
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                Maybe if the Ha'Taks got some good hits on the Hive as they exited hyperspace or came into weapons range then they could kill the Hive but probably not without dying themselves.
                For the Ha'Taks to win with any remaining then I think you'd need to have at least 6 and even then half of them would probably get destroyed quite easily by the Hive.

Hive hands down. Ha'tak shields suck ass, and wraith weapons are pretty strong considering.
                A Ha'Tak's shields are pretty poor, like a 3rd of the strength of a 304's, they're also not packing anything with anywhere near as much of a punch as the Asgard Plasma Beam weapons, at best I'd say their plasma cannons are a few steps up from a 304's rail guns, rate of fire is OK, maybe like I said above if the Ha'Taks caught the Hive off guard then they could kill it but not without dying themselves, although they'd be raining a lot of plasma pulses at the Hive so maybe they'd do better than we think because they'd be attacking in a united way.

I'd think that 6 Ha'Taks would give the Goauld, Jaffa or whoever else was controlling those ships a better edge against the Wraith, but not much of one.
                How quickly do you think a Hive could drop a 304's shields?
                IMO 40 seconds to a minute of constant fire may be enough to do it.

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                Don't encourage these people. These versus threads are getting out of hand and are just stupid now.
                Then Dragon_Heart's point of making a single thread for any future ideas people have for their Vs battles was a good idea, it means we won't keep getting as many people creating dozens of new threads just for that purpose.

Comment

enterprise vs. oddessy(or however you spell it)

Comment

Originally posted by timstro59 View Post
                    enterprise vs. oddessy(or however you spell it)
                    Which Enterprise?

I think Odyssey is how you spell it just in case you need to know for posting in the future.
                    Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 24 April 2009, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                      Like Phoenix said, that is the point of this thread. They are getting way out of hand, but if they can come here and freely discuss them (fanwank or not) then it would keep alot of people happy. All you have to do, is not click on the thread, got that? good.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                        Which Enterprise?

I think Odyssey is how you spell it just in case you need to know for posting in the future.
                        Heh, most enterprises IMO would give the odyssey a run for it's money. Who knows, we need more specification than that, otherwise it can lead to offtopic things, the idea of that is too broad.

And should i request a sticky for this if it gets enough posts? i mean it would be alot eaqsier to compile them here, would it not?

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Heh, most enterprises IMO would give the odyssey a run for it's money. Who knows, we need more specification than that, otherwise it can lead to offtopic things, the idea of that is too broad.
                          Well the ZPM powered Odyssey against the NX, Odyssey would own like a dozen of the things IMO, but up against a Sovereign and you'd probably have a pretty fair fight.

And should i request a sticky for this if it gets enough posts? i mean it would be alot eaqsier to compile them here, would it not?
                          You can do, it's your thread so it's up to you, I'm not sure about stickies.

Comment

Planet Express Ship (Futarama) Vs X Wing(StarWars)

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                              Planet Express Ship (Futarama) Vs X Wing(StarWars)
                              Planet Express wins hands down for me.

In all seriousness the X-Wing is more maneuverable, at best the PE has that top laser thing featured in one episode so can only hit the X-Wing if it flies over the top and in front of the laser, PE would get owned if you wanna be serious.

Comment

Okay, here's one: the Terran Empire vs the Federation (both are Star Trek)

Comment

Working...
                                X