No announcement yet.

fankwank ship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will probably get on to doing some more details tomorrow, but for now, here's a history. it's my first, so any advice on what to improve will be appriciated.

Spoiler:
    After the near-defeat with the Superhive, the IOA realised that Earth needed a larger fleet, so that they could patrol the galaxy more efficiently, and have some ships stationed in defence of Earth. More governments were included in the IOA, and in 2012 the Stargate was introduced to the public as a new find, and without mentioning either the Goa’uld or the Ori threats, to avoid mass hysteria.
    From that point, more and more advanced technology was introduced at a steady rate. As the people of Earth realised that they were not as alone as they had previously thought, they became more unified and thought of themselves as the people of earth, and not from a specific country or race.

In 2030, Earth was formally unified under a new government, the United Earth, or UE for short. By that time, earth was so advanced that most tech could be introduced to society without any questions getting asked.

In 2035, the United Earth Space Fleet, UESF was formed, which lead to several new ship classes being introduced. The same years, a formal alliance was made between UE and the Free Jaffa Nation.

In 2040, space travel was made available to the public by releasing space tech to the public. It didn’t take long before the average Joe could take his PT-310 (Public Transport) through the Stargate.

By 2315, the alliance between UE and the Free Jaffa was broken, as they refused to sign any new trade agreements for naquadah. By that time, Earth had colonised 37 planets that had not possessed any stargates before they were brought there by the Tau’ri.

Relations between UE and the Free Jaffa worsened, until 2330, when UE declared war on the Free Jaffa Nation. Due to UE previously having helped them industrialize, the Free Jaffa could increase their fleet by 300 ships in the first year of the war. UE did not yet posses such capabilities, and had to rely on technological superiority to win battles.

After 10 years of war, the leader of the UE decided they needed a flagship that could instill fear in their opponents, and the SDN-3XX was commissioned. Being an impressive 103km long, or 64 miles, it could easily end any battle by itself quickly, but since that was very power consuming, it usually left the fighting to the fighters and battle cruisers it carried. In 2360 it was finished, the UESF Atlas, the SDN-3XX, the pride and joy of the fleet. It managed to take on the entire fleet of the Free Jaffa Nation, consisting of nearly 3000 ships, by itself, after which it went on to make the remaining Jaffa worlds uninhabitable using it’s superweapon.

No other SDN-class ships were ever made, since the UE felt that that might diminish the immense fear and power the SDN-3XX radiated.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

was a little bored, so a made an "alternate" powersource for a more wanky ship. can you guess what it is?

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

gou'ld power generator? i don't really know.
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Giant hamsterwheels
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Hehe

Comment

oh, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

anyway, here's an updated pic on the ship. what do you think?

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Hehe

Comment

its a bit, blocky. each of those would be huge. great fanwank.
                sigpic

Comment

they're about 37 meter high, so they're not extremley high. kinda like buildings.
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

tjoflojt, if you scaled it down a lot and made that central passage into a runway and hanger it would make a great entry to the modeling challenge.

sigpic

Comment

hm, thats an idea. in that case, i'll keep the original, and wank version, and just make a new, scaled down save. might need som rework, with the brige and stuff.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

have you got some shots of it at the mo...top, side and a wide shot?

sigpic

Comment

i'll upload some pics and PM them to you.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

shove 'em on here, please?
                            sigpic

Comment

here's the gallery. not rendered, just exported from Sketchup.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

aahhh! its whole! i did that with one of my other ships and it turned out rather badly. just warning that sometimes symetricallity is the best path to tread, but un symetricallity would be a nice change. i've seen way to many ships that have a line through the middle.

i just realised i mistyped ships and it was a t. woops.
                                Last edited by Experiment 442; 16 April 2009, 12:47 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X