No announcement yet.

The Zero Point Module: Fact or Fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First on infinity: Anything is infinite when compared to nothing. A pen is infinite in comparison to nothing, as is a notebook. If the pen is I and the notebook is i then I:i is not 1, but an undetermined value. However if we work with in the same principles of comparision. So we use only the pen, then I:I is one, and []:I=0, divided by its self is also 1.

That said I was asked to produce a more information on ZPE and its Feasibility. Well I have a paper written by Thomas Valone, Ph.D., P.E. in 2004 that talks just about that very thing, who says on page 22 of his 182 long paper "ZPE Feasability Study"
    "A scientific editorial opinion states, “Exactly how much ‘zero-point energy’ resides in the vacuum is unknown. Some cosmologists have speculated that at the beginning of the universe, when conditions everywhere were more like those inside a black hole, vacuum energy was high and may have even triggered the big bang. Today the energy level should be lower. But to a few optimists, a rich supply still awaits if only we knew how to tap into it. These maverick proponents have postulated that the zero-point energy could explain ‘cold fusion,’ inertia, and other phenomena and might someday serve as part of a ‘negative mass’ system for propelling spacecraft. In an interview taped for PBS’s Scientific American Frontiers, which aired in November (1997), Harold E. Puthoff, the director of the Institute for Advanced Studies, observed: ‘For the chauvinists in the field like ourselves, we think the 21st century could be the zero-point-energy age.’ That conceit is not shared by the majority of physicist; some even regard such optimism as pseudoscience that could leech funds from legitimate research. The conventional view is that the energy in the vacuum is miniscule.”
    Dr. Robert Forward, who passed away in 2002, said, “Before I wrote the paper everyone said that it was impossible to extract energy from the vacuum. After I wrote the paper, everyone had to acknowledge that you could extract energy from the vacuum, but began to quibble about the details. The spiral design won't work very efficiently... " (FEASIBILITY STUDY
    OF ZERO-POINT ENERGY EXTRACTION
    FROM THE QUANTUM VACUUM FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF USEFUL WORK

Copyright © 2004
    by
    Thomas Valone, Ph.D., P.E.
    Integrity Research Institute
    1220 L Street NW, Suite 100-232
    Washington DC 20005)

http://www.freeenergynews.com/Direct...Tom_Valone.doc

http://peswiki.com/energy/Directory:Thomas_Valone

In fact he directly states what I said about possibly extracting ZPE from a singularity. The more concentrated the space is, the more concentrated the ZPE is allowing for the potential skimming of the energy. However small that maybe.

He gives other examples and methods to potentially extract energy as a way to varify and test ZPE as a feasible source of energy.
    “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Comment

I think you exploded my brain. Big math hurts.

Comment

Ah you're like Jack then...
        “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Comment

instead of wondering about the energy itself, how about the fact they seem to have electrical cables connected to the power source, naquda generators, and thinking that electrical energy can come from that.

Ok back to the ZPM, lets say that the this enormous power can be generated, how exactly do they actually transform this energy into electrical energy and deliver it to the rest of the city or the ships. Oh and the heat of dissipation from this would be pretty enormous too. They never mentioned how it was cooled

The engineering for this would be a nightmare even if the physics theories worked.

Comment

Its been too long since I took metaphysics.
            sigpic
            In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
            "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Working...
            X