Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol even our naquahdriah hyperdrive was faster than the goauld one

Comment

Until the end of season 1 of SG1 weren't the Goauld only capable of traveling at a few times the speed of light?

I think the Goauld's Hyperdrive would only be better than the Wraith's because they don't have to make the pit stops the Wraith do, but I guess the Wraith can at least tweak theirs to the intergalactic kind and we've seen their ships are capable of traveling much faster with a power boost, I suppose the Goauld's would probably be the same if they had the knowledge and extra energy to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
        Until the end of season 1 of SG1 weren't the Goauld only capable of traveling at a few times the speed of light?

I think the Goauld's Hyperdrive would only be better than the Wraith's because they don't have to make the pit stops the Wraith do, but I guess the Wraith can at least tweak theirs to the intergalactic kind and we've seen their ships are capable of traveling much faster with a power boost, I suppose the Goauld's would probably be the same if they had the knowledge and extra energy to help them.
        Wraith only have to stop because their hulls get damaged by radiation. Its not really a falt with their drives. Over short distances they're probably at least as fast as Goa'uld ones.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          Wraith only have to stop because their hulls get damaged by radiation. Its not really a falt with their drives. Over short distances they're probably at least as fast as Goa'uld ones.
          I know about the hull damage thing, but it would still effect travel times from say one side of the galaxy to the other in a long race.
          I do agree that overall the two races drives are probably similar in speed.

Comment

the wraith can easily modify their tech ( once they figure out how to BTW. but once the coding is there, changes are rapidly made)

Comment

Supernova-boosted Goa'uld mothership; 4million lightyears in 5 seconds. I'd say we got a winner..

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                Supernova-boosted Goa'uld mothership; 4million lightyears in 5 seconds. I'd say we got a winner..
                I'd say that's cheating, just a bit.

Comment

didnt the replicator ship catch the asgard ship once?i cant remember if they had taken over a ship or built that from scratch?i aso cant remember the episode name,but it was the one where they escaped the time dilation bubble.

Comment

Replicator ships are definitely fast. They were able to modify a Ha'tak to travel 4 million lightyears in a matter of hours in "Enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                      Replicator ships are definitely fast. They were able to modify a Ha'tak to travel 4 million lightyears in a matter of hours in "Enemies."
                      I think that was due to the 'bigger bug' providing masses more power, although they probably tweaked the engines to be at their best.

Comment

Working...
                      X