No announcement yet.

Fastest Hyperdrive in Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard didn't have the power generating capabiltities of the Ancients though.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The travler shp in lost tribe beat deadalus deaduls was delayed by ronon but it also had a head start

Though mila was pushing it extremly hard so its not realy fair if someone with her skill had an asgard drive to mess around with it would be unbeatable

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

why would the ancients build insane hyperdrives? we already know that the Aurora had interstellar ones, and we also know they could be enhanced. but i do not see any use in a superhyperdrive. its useless and unnessecary. the ancients had over 50 million years to develop. why bother making a superdrive when you dont need it. to visit the other Great Races? clearly not. they all had gates so...
        the beliskner was old, yes. which strenghtens my point that Oneills are better and faster. its a damn shame we didnt get one of them. i mean, we shoudlve gotten an Oneill with the upgrades, not a 304 with all the crap.

Comment

The travler shp in lost tribe beat deadalus deaduls was delayed by ronon but it also had a head start

Though mila was pushing it extremly hard so its not realy fair if someone with her skill had an asgard drive to mess around with it would be unbeatable
          look. the deadalus IS fast. mila beat it because she pushed the hyperdrive way past anything safe. also, the deadalus DID have a headstart, but also got damaged and had to be repaired. and i know how such things work. if you dont move, the other is catching up REAL FAST. besides, we dont know how the asgard hyperdrive was repaired: actually repaired, or patcfhed with wraith tech?

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
            The Asgard didn't have the power generating capabiltities of the Ancients though.
            No of course they don't, but my point was that they could use the power efficiently and be close in speed to the Ancient's.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            why would the ancients build insane hyperdrives? we already know that the Aurora had interstellar ones, and we also know they could be enhanced. but i do not see any use in a superhyperdrive. its useless and unnessecary. the ancients had over 50 million years to develop. why bother making a superdrive when you dont need it. to visit the other Great Races? clearly not. they all had gates so...
            the beliskner was old, yes. which strenghtens my point that Oneills are better and faster. its a damn shame we didnt get one of them. i mean, we shoudlve gotten an Oneill with the upgrades, not a 304 with all the crap.
            I just meant they were capable of it, not that they would actually do it unless there was some All Races Stargate Hyperdrive Race.
            As far as the O'Neill thing I was agreeing with you, I just wasn't as clear as I could have been in saying it.

I've gotta agree also about the Asgard giving us an O'Neill, it would have made much greater sense for the Asgard to give us one of their ships.
            The battle still could have been suspenseful with the Tauri leaving Ida with the Odyssey and an upgraded O'Neill if say more Ori ships attacked the two vessels.

Comment

The Traveler ship beating the Daedalus made no sense. The Daedalus can travel over 160,000 light years per day. If the Traveler ships can even travel at half that speed then they could have escaped the Pegasus galaxy a long time ago.

Comment

OMG, we can make an uberhyperdrive, just do it for the sake of uselessness.,

Comment

OMG, we can make an uberhyperdrive, just do it for the sake of uselessness.,
                  It wouldn't exactly be useless.
                  Say Atlantis was to run out of Drones, the Wraith arrive with loads of ships, Woolsey shoots a call to Earth and the new uber quick 304s or whatever class of ship are at Atlantis's home planet inside a day and wipe out the enemy vessels.
                  The extra power from the generators can be used to boost the shields when the hyperdrive is not in use.
                  Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 18 January 2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

*facepalm*

* sigh*

i meant for the damned ancients

Comment

*facepalm*

* sigh*

i meant for the damned ancients
                      Oh when you said 'we' I thought you meant Tauri, Earth Humans you know.
                      I agree the Ancients probably wouldn't have much use for super fast hyperdrives, their interstellar kind fitted to the Auroras would have been fast enough during the war and the ship crews could upgrade them to type 2s on special occasions like the stasis crew in Aurora were doing to get back to Atlantis with their intelligence on the Wraith's weakness.

Comment

we dont need uberdrives either. just enhance the power and we can get there fast.

Comment

a hyperdrive is a hyperdrive, all of them travel at relativity the same the speed, A hyperdrive's speed is directly connected to power generation so it comes down to what race has the best power production, for example the wraith's power generation blows but the ZPM hive was clearly not lacking power, Atlantis has 3 ZPMs and very fast but its HUGE!! not easy to take a city into hyperspace and travel quickly.

based on my experience i think that the asgard neutrino-ion generators are capable of generating energy about equal to a ZPM, this is unproven but Thor's ship had 4 of them and was able to travel millions of light years in seconds, also not to mention the tiny hand device was able to dial another galaxy witch normally takes a ZPM.

ZPMs are capable of generating massive power but is very limited, they can only output a fixed amount of power over time, anymore and they risk overload. when a ZPM is operating independently like on the Daedalus or on the hive the crystals prevent overload with built in power management but when used on Atlantis they are capable of generating far more than running independently mostly because of the Atlantis's operating system has its own fail-safes to prevent overload, the same fail-safes the Gould disabled to attempt to destroy Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                            The Traveler ship beating the Daedalus made no sense. The Daedalus can travel over 160,000 light years per day. If the Traveler ships can even travel at half that speed then they could have escaped the Pegasus galaxy a long time ago.
                            I think they can go that fast but not for verry long remember radec thought it was burnt out it takes a 304 a month to get to pegasus the travler ship only ran for hours at that speed

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

no it wasnt burnt out. the city had been damaged many times and the hyperdrive hasnt been used at full power for more than 10000 years. it had glitches etc so the hyper calculation was wrong

Comment

Going for the original question, I would say that the Ancients have the fastest hyperdrive. Then the Asgard and Ori would be tied. Then I would put us (the Tau'ri) and the Wraith on par with each other. Then the Goa'uld would fall far behind everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X