No announcement yet.

Daedalus (Pre-Unending) Vs Pillar of Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are too many variables to say for certain. Are we near a planet, an asteroid belt, or a star? Who's flying the ships/ Captain Keyes, and Col. Caldwell? The Daedalus has Asgard shields that can stand up to Ori overcharged plasma lances. MAC shredder rounds would do damage, but only if they hit their target. Nukes and rail guns would only be effective if they punched through The Pillar of Autumns specialized hull. Plus, if Cortana was on board the POA, you'd have to make sure she didn't transfer into the Daedalus' systems, as they are not meant to firewall an AI. The Daedalus' Asgard beam system could beam over s trike team to capture the ship, but it wouldn't do much good if Cortana was in the systems, or John-117 was aboard. All in all, though, I'd favor the Daedalus over the POA in ship-to-ship combat.
    Last edited by some runner guy; 28 January 2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by some runner guy View Post
      There are too many variables to say for certain. Are we near a planet, an asteroid belt, or a star? Who's flying the ships/ Captain Keyes, and Col. Caldwell? The Daedalus has Asgard shields that can stand up to Ori overcharged plasma lances. MAC shredder rounds would do damage, but only if they hit their target. Nukes and rail guns would only be effective if they punched through The Pillar of Autumns specialized hull. Plus, if Cortana was on board the POA, you'd have to make sure she didn't transfer into the Daedalus' systems, as they are not meant to firewall an AI. The Daedalus' Asgard beam system could beam over s trike team to capture the ship, but it wouldn't do much good if Cortana was in the systems, or John-117 was aboard. All in all, though, I'd favor the Daedalus over the POA in ship-to-ship combat.
      THat may be the best point on this post.
      Tho, I must say PoA any day
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
      X