This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

A other idea is that they are just large cargo bays, given the situation when they were first designing the 304s, it may of been conceive that 304s would do large lifts of cargo for the construction of world bases and sending of supplies to the Atlantis expedition.
    well why would cargo bays have openings at the front?

Comment

Originally posted by The F-304 View Post
      well why would cargo bays have openings at the front?
      Because there are huge sublight engines at the back and it'd be a bit odd the other way around?
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

well having openings at the front and of that size gives you aditional options like putting in things as wide as the bay or even add like 2 more 302s

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
          well having openings at the front and of that size gives you aditional options like putting in things as wide as the bay or even add like 2 more 302s
          true true

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            I really hate the idea of naming the ships after royalty, i know the new navy carriers are being named with royal titles but its not my thing.
            well, I thought about that at first and then realized that we have been naming ships after our presidents. For me it seems like a good Idea.

Another advantage of multi national production of ships is that the US uses less manpower thus able to keep things secret.

I mean, how many people do you think the US will need after a few more years?
            We are looking at thousands and thousands. At that point it would incredibly hard to keep things secret unless you have other nations pitch in.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              well, I thought about that at first and then realized that we have been naming ships after our presidents. For me it seems like a good Idea.

Another advantage of multi national production of ships is that the US uses less manpower thus able to keep things secret.

I mean, how many people do you think the US will need after a few more years?
              We are looking at thousands and thousands. At that point it would incredibly hard to keep things secret unless you have other nations pitch in.
              I think the construction of vessels should be undertaken by all nations within the IOA; but ships should be built at the alpha site aswell. The other idea is to build seperate sections in each country, like the airbus A380.

sigpic

Comment

look at the Prometheus it had they "bays" as you're all calling it i think they are to direct the energy for the hyperdrive but i never really took that much notice
                get the rep

Comment

thats an idea

Also in europe they do have a lot of wealth for their size i recon the UK with the backing of some of the common wealth (canada australia NZ india ect) and France with the backing of th EU (germany spain italy holland) could churn out ships as fast as US if they had off world ship yards (allowing them to in efect have their own gates) that would mean 5 ship ships a year 1 US 1 russian (maybe with allies) 1 chinese (no allies required they can just throw more people at the problem) 1 comonwealth UK lead and one EU french led

And the smaller countries could build F302s for earth defence i mean
                  EATG spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  they certainly would have been handy during the wraith atack

Or just build slower make a 304 in 3 years instead of 1

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                    thats an idea

Also in europe they do have a lot of wealth for their size i recon the UK with the backing of some of the common wealth (canada australia NZ india ect) and France with the backing of th EU (germany spain italy holland) could churn out ships as fast as US if they had off world ship yards (allowing them to in efect have their own gates) that would mean 5 ship ships a year 1 US 1 russian (maybe with allies) 1 chinese (no allies required they can just throw more people at the problem) 1 comonwealth UK lead and one EU french led

And the smaller countries could build F302s for earth defence i mean
                    EATG spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    they certainly would have been handy during the wraith atack

Or just build slower make a 304 in 3 years instead of 1
                    eps200 i think that would be a great future modeling chalenge...create a nation or your nations addition to he earth fleet!

sigpic

Comment

I could see the British Naming their ship HMS Ark Royal and being more of a carrier than the others.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Infact this thread should be renamed international/ British 304's. or a new thread created.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                          Possible but unlikely. US were using greek tragedies until the Hammond. When we last saw the Chinese diplomats in SG1 were nagging about their position in the program giving them a 304 would placate them
                          I agree the Sun Tzu is most likey a Chinese ship, due to the origin of the name. However, I must point out one discrepancy - the Chinese never name their ships after people! The Chinese either name their ships with names of places or something literary and esoteric like Long March, Shen Zhou (Divine Ark) etc.

So I suppose one can argue that because of this, the Sun Tzu couldn't have been a Chinese ship, but then I think the writers probably just didn't do much research on naming conventions in the first place.
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

created this thread so people could talk about what countries they would like to see with 304's or even 303's.

Personly i'd love to see a british 304 cause im British!
                            Last edited by bradly08; 12 January 2009, 09:36 AM.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

ive created a thread for talking about different countries having 304's

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...63#post9561863

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                                created this thread so people could talk about what countries they would like to see with 304's.

Personly i'd love to see a british 304 cause im British!
                                A compelling argument!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X