No announcement yet.

ancient war-ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moros/merlins matter converting tech is possible but keep in mind nothing comes for free, matter conversion turns energy into matter through a complex process and moros tech used intense concentration just to make something small like a sangrall imagine making enormous ship parts with the same process the concentration would be unreal not to mention the MASSIVE power requirements.

another thought about moros's matter conversion tech, given the simmalar functionality of the sangrall and zero point modules in the effect that it channels energy not from sub-space into our own space time but rather into the dimension occupied by ascended beings, the function of each device is remarkably similar, in fact i bet that moros only learned the frequency that ascended beings live on when he himself was ascended and given his previous knowledge of zero point energy the ascended frequency would have been the key to making it work and also i think its a safe bet that this matter conversion tech is the method of creating zero point modules, its unproven, just a theory.

and as for the Asgard matter conversion tech, its a bi product of there transportation system, also keep in mind that the Asgard have been studying the ancients repository of knowledge witch given the similar look as moroes matter conversion interface makes me think moroes made those repository of knowledge terminals after his return from Atlantis
    Last edited by boomer150; 09 January 2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

the sangraal is probably 100 000 times more complicated than our 304s to construct, if only due to the fact that it was made manually from a molecular level. with a 304, just provide the materials and blueprints, and it should make itself with a little programing from mckay or carter.
      an aurora can't be much more complicated than a 304 to make, it's wepondry and the like however is.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by boomer150 View Post
        moros/merlins matter converting tech is possible but keep in mind nothing comes for free, matter conversion turns energy into matter through a complex process and moros tech used intense concentration just to make something small like a sangrall imagine making enormous ship parts with the same process the concentration would be unreal not to mention the MASSIVE power requirements.

another thought about moros's matter conversion tech, given the simmalar functionality of the sangrall and zero point modules in the effect that it channels energy not from sub-space into our own space time but rather into the dimention occupied by ascended beings, the function of each device is remarkably similar, in fact i bet that moros only learned the frequency that ascended beings live on when he himself was ascended and given his previous knowledge of zero point energy the ascended frequency would have been the key to making it work and also i think its a safe bet that this matter conversion tech is the method of creating zero point modules, its unproven, just a theory.
        Well I did say a version, something like the Asgard tech where I assume Carter designed the things she wanted to make using the Asgard core, I'm assuming Ancient computers could be even more advanced than those used by the Asgard at the end of their time, so easily able to cope with the complexities of nano-scale production and design.
        If the Ancients on Atlantis or elsewhere built their technology virtually, using the level of concentration Merlin/Daniel had to employ to finish the Sangraal, then it would only be for the length of time it takes to design each component or portion of a piece of technology and could allow for mass production of devices to be done in quick time, especially if their were many Ancients working together to finish projects.

Power shouldn't be a problem as they had ZPMs on Atlantis.

As far as the similarities between the Sangraal and ZPMs, I guess that tech could have been used to make the physical ZPM, but you'd still need power.
        If you can harness subspace energy to create the self contained region of subspace time then that could be how the Ancients made new ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          the sangraal is probably 100 000 times more complicated than our 304s to construct, if only due to the fact that it was made manually from a molecular level. with a 304, just provide the materials and blueprints, and it should make itself with a little programing from mckay or carter.
          an aurora can't be much more complicated than a 304 to make, it's wepondry and the like however is.
          Kinda the point I was trying to get at with my post (#24).
          You may not just be able to beam a ship out, but if you thinking of it like how a printer prints a page, only needing the paper and ink to get the job done or making each component, then physically piece the ship together.
          Raw materials like Naqueda, Trinium, Carbon, Steel or whatever, the Matter Converter tech, with a computer containing virtually built ships and energy to power the device to get the job done.

Perhaps the only thing that held the Ancients back in terms of ship numbers was being able to crew them.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
            I think that you are seriously overestimating the Aurora-type's size. The following image was adapted from the Ship Scaling Sprites page.
            Spoiler:

Well, like you pointed out, there were probably "ports" like the outpost in "Inferno" where the Ancients could build their ships.

To borrow your comparison between Manhattan and Atlantis, these outposts would be more like Baltimore or Cape Canaveral.
            ....well you have been blowing up the hives proportion i bit i's say...it is never longer then 2 kilometers -.- (11 - lol, mckay and shep would never be able to just walk from the dart bay to the bridge and back in the time they have in the episodes....)...then, the hatak is to small (f-304 is 1/10 or at most 1/5 of a hive) as is atlantis (it is a city for god's sake, not a village -.-)

as for ancient ports: they should have stumbled uppon one already (they should have queried the database for ancient outposts and only have gone their at first (except for aquiring food) in search of a ZPM -.- PLOT HOLE again (sometimes i just want to cry out: Atlantis is crap, but then again: Most of the episodes are well written - even if they have more plot wholes then my first (written when i was 14) fanfiction (for SG-1) i never published)

greetings LAX

Comment

Working...
            X