Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
    I found 2 very contradictory pages from the same site

I found this on the Stargate Wiki-Its from the MGM tech Journal. This one shows the Aurora way too small????
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Imagetill1229454284.jpg

Here's the Link to the rest-This one shows the 3000-3500m lengh???????

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora-class_battleship
    I wouldn't look into any images from MGM tech journal, because that picture of the Aurora and the others are severely wrong. They can't even get the right location of the bridge.

And stargate wiki is a fan made site, just like the real wiki the info their isn't necessarily the truth.
    Visit my Website

Comment

Yeah-Just saw the other thread about the Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        A Deadalus is about 500 metres. The Aurora? I'd give it 3.5-4 km.
        the daedalus is about 400m long-the aurora, about 3km long.
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          And the 11k figure- where did that initialy come from? Since the average horizon for a teracompatible owrld is over four kilometers, we shouldn't have been able to see either end of the Hive ship shown in Rising. And there is no way a few pounds of C4 could blow that big a hole as we seen in the same episode, even with secondary explosions.
          Yes, but you also have to remember that the crater left by that ship's takeoff (crater seen in "Thirty-Eight Minutes") was barely large enough for a cruiser, so...yeah.

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
          The 11km size must have came from the fact that the Hive was 11 times bigger than the Daedalus-This has been shown by that image of the Pinkish Daedy and the Blue Hive on the control screen featured in one of the episodes.
          No. I don't see why anyone takes the use of a cute little graphic seriously for the purposes of scaling. It is a graphic, and thus is not very useful for determining the relative scales of objects.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I thought the whole about this was about shipyards of ancient war ships...

Spoiler:

Comment

the show cant get scales right, so we have multiple sizes. onscreen statements give a hive 11km. the deadalus by reliable sources is some 600-750m long. an aurora by the same source is some 1.5 km long.

a hive is perhaps the worst scaled ship EVER. its 11km. most come up with 5km to 7km or so.

as to shipyards: the ancients either blew em up, or the wraith blew em up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                the daedalus is about 400m long-the aurora, about 3km long.

I think this figure is about right. the ship scale question arises in nearly every thread. probably poped up in the product placement thread!

what needs to be done is size for each ship that is agreed by the majority then we can put an end to the constant question...and update the wiki with the new info!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boomer150 View Post
                  something ive been wondering ever sence the "aurora" episode ive been wondering how and where the atlantians/ancients built these massive ships, from the scale i estimate each one is about half the size of a hive ship.

not even counting the massive material needed to make even 1 of them the ancients had probably over a dozen, Atlantis is large in its on rite but its no where big enough to serve as a ship building facility for there war-ships. Its like making a space shuttle in Manhattan, my first thought of a possible ship building facility is the planet from "inferno" any ship building facility must have a shield or the wraith could just blow up there ships while still under construction or repair, and the facility where they found the Orion had a shield.

any thoughts?

it would make sence that in the first attack the wraith wouldve destroyed most if not all the lantian shipyards.
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Could the Ancients not have used a version of the Matter Construction tech Merlin used in The Quest part 2 to build ship components?
                    If the Asgard had tractor beam technology and that funky levitation device that Loki uses to hover the Jack clone in Fragile Balance wouldn't the Ancients possess similar technologies that could manufacture and assemble their ships?

Perhaps the technology to make their vessels is contained within Atlantis and they simply expanded the shield to accommodate the size of their ships.

Comment

atlantis is a city, not an uberproductionplant.

merlins tech is ascended tech, not ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        atlantis is a city, not an uberproductionplant.

merlins tech is ascended tech, not ancient.
                        I don't think I said anything about it being uber.
                        The Sangraal was made using ascended knowledge, but I don't recall it being said that Merlin's construction technology was built using that knowledge.

If the Asgard can make Matter Converters then why wouldn't the Ancients have been able to after several millions of years?
                        We certainly haven't seen any industrial Ancient production plants in either the Milky Way or the Pegasus Galaxy and it would make sense for ships to be built under the defense of a very powerful shield.

Comment

that shield is there cause its a cityship, and thus its very bad if that fails.

also, merlin was a frikking ascended!

Comment

that shield is there cause its a cityship, and thus its very bad if that fails.

also, merlin was a frikking ascended!
                            Those points are true, but that still doesn't mean that the Ancients couldn't have built a variation of the matter conversion technology long before they ascended.
                            We of course don't know how long it took the Asgard to make their transporter tech and start using it as a matter converter or vice versa, but they were around for about 100,000 years, where as the Ancients are supposedly around about 50 million years old, so in all that amount of time they could have developed there own version of the tech without the need of ascended knowledge to aid them.

Comment

the ancients have a broad spectrum of technology, but not really a deep one. IE, they have alot of tech, but not all of it is superadvanced.

Comment

the ancients have a broad spectrum of technology, but not really a deep one. IE, they have alot of tech, but not all of it is superadvanced.
                                I'm not saying it was all super advanced, but the Asgard developed matter converters inside of their 100,000 year existence and the Ancients could have inside of their several million years of civilization.

It just makes sense for them to be able to tinker with atoms and tiny stuff.
                                They built Stargates which transmitted people across thousands or even millions of light years in seconds so why wouldn't they be able to make things from the very tiny and assemble those tiny things into larger things.
                                It seems within their abilities to make matter converters without the need of ascended knowledge to help them do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X