x-305?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wraith_ownage View Post
    dont need to build zpms just need to find 3 for the ship and then secondly have the asgard core and forth just find acient outposts and take their puddle jumpers and the same with drones i large carrier battleship for earth would be a perfect match to a hive ship
    In other words, sink 3 ZPMs (we've recovered only 9 working ZPMs, 4 of which are now useless) and all the drones we can find into one ship that might be off somewhere else when the Wraith come calling?

On top of that, this ship would be a huge waste of time and resources. It would have to be several (dozen) times the size of BC-304, would take several decades to build, during which time we could pump out a small fleet of BC-304s instead.

for fighter shortages as you described heres an easy one retrofit all of our other fighters for space flight the f203 works great on planets and inspace why not retrofit the f-15s f16s f22 raptors and other fighter jets to perform those rolls aswell
    He wasn't talking about a fighter shortage. He was saying that your ship design was so big and impractical that it wouldn't be finished in time for the Wraith's next culling, let alone this one.
    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

the x305 should take all the properites of the deadalous and become a large battleship or better yet like a hive ship become a large aircraft carrier with asgard plasma beam cannons zpms and ancient shields and drone launchers and 20 wings of puddle jumpers as bombers and 34 wings f302s as fighters and atlest 1 stargate for transport of supplies materials and even crew rotation and also for communications when far out of range of any allied colony or base
      wats the point of doing that. we dont need a bigger class of ship. certainly not one thats the size of a hive.

puddle jumpers we dont need, 302s we would need but not 34 full wings of them and basically everything else you mentioned woouldnt be worth having.
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

dont need to build zpms just need to find 3 for the ship and then secondly have the asgard core and forth just find acient outposts and take their puddle jumpers and the same with drones i large carrier battleship for earth would be a perfect match to a hive ship,and for fighter shortages as you described heres an easy one retrofit all of our other fighters for space flight the f203 works great on planets and inspace why not retrofit the f-15s f16s f22 raptors and other fighter jets to perform those rolls aswell

we cant just go out and find 3 zpms they are extremely rare and its doubtfull you might even be able to find 1 and it will proboly take a long long time if you ever find 1.

and the asgard core isint a power source its a computer core with a built in power source so that wont hepl much.

and ancient outposts dont have puddlejumpers the only ones that do are the cityships and so far their are only 2 city ships in exsistence and those are atlantis and the one from "the tower" and we already took all of the ones from that and all in all we only have maybe 60 puddlejumpers but proboly more like 40.

and drones dont grow on trees. there are so many in exsistence and thats all we have and we need those few that we have for emergencys and even if we took all of the ones in exsistence it still wouldnt be enough to take out all of the hives.

and again it would take the resources of 10 304s to build this one ship and years of cinstruction and its just not worth it to build something that large. its better to build 304s for the time being and for the near future.

and we dont have a shortage of 302s but in order to fit 170 302s all on 1 ship the ship would be way too big to build for a long long time.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

all of those are extremely good points.

Spoiler:

Comment

well the 305 at my best guess is a new warship. a battlecruiser simply better built for war with the newer technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              well the 305 at my best guess is a new warship. a battlecruiser simply better built for war with the newer technologies.
              I don't know: it has already been pointed out that the BC-304 is all the battleship that Earth needs at the moment. After all, a BC-304 can defeat an Asuran Aurora in single combat, or an Ori Mothership if the BC-304 has a ZPM, and a new 304 is built just about ever year.

I feel that the 305 should be a technology test bed, or some sort of transport.
              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."

Comment

well i was thinking. we do desperately need proper fighters. i mean, 302's are very cool and all, but also too weak currently. an international 305 fighter would be very good. imagine, heads up display, voice recognition, nose railgun, more hardpoints, perhaps culling beam with stored missiles, and perhaps a plasma gun incase of low ammo. and a jumperdrive. imagine, 100x cheaper than a 304, capable of galactic-wide intervention.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  well i was thinking. we do desperately need proper fighters. i mean, 302's are very cool and all, but also too weak currently. an international 305 fighter would be very good. imagine, heads up display, voice recognition, nose railgun, more hardpoints, perhaps culling beam with stored missiles, and perhaps a plasma gun incase of low ammo. and a jumperdrive. imagine, 100x cheaper than a 304, capable of galactic-wide intervention.
                  Well, there are several problems with that:
                  1. Given the size of the railguns used in Stargate, it is probably not possible to mount one on a fighter. The recoil would make the fighter impossible to fly while firing. Furthermore, anything against which such a railgun would be useful is already fairly easy prey for F-302s, which do have machine guns in addition to their missiles.
                  2. The only jump drives we have that are small enough to fit on a fighter scale craft is the one designed for the Puddle Jumpers, but they use so much Ancient technology that it might be rather wasteful to put one on a fighter. Also, remember that the Puddle Jumper's hyperdrive had a very limited range.
                  3. On top of the hyperdrive, we have no way of knowing just how many spare culling devices Earth has, nor whether the experiment plasma weapons are ready for mass production on the level necessary to equip a large number of new fighters with plasma weapons.

Anyway, those issues aside, it would make for a very good F-302A.

Comment

Let's stay with BCs a while. They're already overpowered IMO

If there's going to be a new ship it wont be a warship, rather a research or a colonizing explorer ship
                    sigpic

Comment

we do need to get started on a few offworld colonies... maybe some sort of ship that you could just land and use as a readymade ground base.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                        we do need to get started on a few offworld colonies... maybe some sort of ship that you could just land and use as a readymade ground base.
                        I thinka a satelite would be more convenient. Gate capable, modular. An al in one weather satelite, telecomunication satelite, utilities and building erecttor (use beaming technology to make building out of sold rock), transport hub (beaming), defense coordination (maybe cloak it, have it beam up missile from the ground thus eliminating the need for excesive fuel and escape velocity), what am I missing?

Comment

Argh!!!! No one ever thought of

UN-MANNED CARRIER DRONES!!!!!

You know the Protoss Carrier in Starcraft? The 305s should employ this kind of technology. In SG1's episode, "The Other Side" (Season 4), Teal'c and O'Neill used this technology that allowed them to directly connect their thoughts into these drones. Fighter Pilots would be able to control several drone ships and attack other ships easily!!!!
                          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

yea no one ever did think of the drones.

Spoiler:

Comment

That mind control technology fried the people in 'The Other Side's' minds, after long periods of use, so a good quality regular games console interface, linked in to the craft via subspace would be safer IMO.

A dedicated warship and perhaps some smaller support craft would be the best use of the technology Earth has, if say they knew some powerful enemy was coming to attack the planet, or the Tauri were planning to start attacking the Wraith, but it's best to hold off on doing that until the Tauri has enough ships that they can unite in groups to effectively strike at larger groups of Wraith ships than just a couple of Hives.

I think if a standard 304's fighter bays were made to house more power generators and back up shield emitters were added to work on rotation cycles then those ships could last much longer perhaps taking fire until the vessel ran out of power, in much the same way that Atlantis can (only probably not quite as long especially if the Tauri are using Naqueda power sources instead of STs, NIGs or ZPMs).

If Drones are just shielded, explosive projectiles then I think the Tauri could make their own version of that technology and if you built them virtually and had enough power or stored raw materials on board your ship then you could just fabricate batches to use during battle using the Matter Conversion technology.
                              Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 06 January 2009, 02:02 AM.

Comment

in other words?

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X