X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
    Imagine how many Auroras that'd be. LOL
    totally. hahahaha
    Have u noticed this thread has basically become a convo between u and me?
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      Have u noticed this thread has basically become a convo between u and me?
      It does appear that way.

Comment

i wouldnt say that.
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
          i wouldnt say that.
          Sorry Boss. I shall rephrase

Seems like this thread is between the three of us!
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Sorry Boss. I shall rephrase

Seems like this thread is between the three of us!
            now that sounds a little better.
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Still I wonder, is Atlantis the oldest city ship of it's kind

Comment

well yes and no.

yes because as far as we know there are no more city ships. whether or not it was the oldest before the wraith war is the question i am curious about. Since it was once on earth millions of years ago there is a good chance it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigiffo View Post
                  Most of SG-1 Season 7 was spent looking for Atlantis, right. When the Ancients went to Pegasus they said that Atlantis was the greatest city they built. Doesn't anyone else find it a bit strange that there have been three city ships built by the Ancients: Atlantis, The Tower and the city in This Mortal Coil? None of the other cities have been mentioned or hailed, yet they are the same size and just as powerful.

??
                  Forgot the one on Asuras blown up in Lanteas orbit.... I like to think city ships are a class of ancient vessel, god imagine if they had a fleet of them :O

Comment

they ARE a class of vessel. A city ship lol
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Forgot the one on Asuras blown up in Lanteas orbit.... I like to think city ships are a class of ancient vessel, god imagine if they had a fleet of them :O

But think how difficult it would be to maintain a fleet of them. Think of all the ZPMs. ANd, as several of us on the thread have pointed out already, they aren't that manouverable or necessarilly good in combat. You want the resources equivilant in Auroras.
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Yeh, for days. That was against ten. SO you have 3 ZPMS. There is every chance there is going to be four/fives times the number of hiveships. THe fluff does say they completely overwhelmed the ancients......
                        yeah but even with 50 hives fireing on atlantis the shield would have still at least held for hours,and if it was the ancients then they could have a full compliment of drones( like maybe 10,000) and take the ships out. after all they would have more than eneough fire power. and if it was the ancients in control, they could have easily have made more zpms and hooked them into the power supply to make the shield last even longer. i mean it wouldnt take much if we could create a zpm interface for the ancients to make one and add some zpms.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                          yeah but even with 50 hives fireing on atlantis the shield would have still at least held for hours,and if it was the ancients then they could have a full compliment of drones( like maybe 10,000) and take the ships out. after all they would have more than eneough fire power. and if it was the ancients in control, they could have easily have made more zpms and hooked them into the power supply to make the shield last even longer. i mean it wouldnt take much if we could create a zpm interface for the ancients to make one and add some zpms.
                          Atlantis had 3 drones tanks. And a fleet of 50 hives would have maybe 100 supporting cruisers and smaller ships, then all the darts ever. As pointed out by Zalenka and myself on the Ship vs ship thread, the darts and cruisers would run intereferenc on the drones, soaking the firepower (ouch)

SO, whilst the darts and stuff are sacrificing themselves, 50 hives (minus 3 or 4 that weren't protected well enough) are pounding the shields. And after a few hours, there would be many drones left. There would still be a few wraith ships left, am sure.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Atlantis had 3 drones tanks. And a fleet of 50 hives would have maybe 100 supporting cruisers and smaller ships, then all the darts ever. As pointed out by Zalenka and myself on the Ship vs ship thread, the darts and cruisers would run intereferenc on the drones, soaking the firepower (ouch)

SO, whilst the darts and stuff are sacrificing themselves, 50 hives (minus 3 or 4 that weren't protected well enough) are pounding the shields. And after a few hours, there would be many drones left. There would still be a few wraith ships left, am sure.

the drones arent like our missils, they can dodge the cruisers and darts, as weve seen in a couple of episodes. and just because there are only 3 drone tanks dosent tell you how many drones atlantis could truely hold. i mean if they wanted to they could have modified atlantis to be able to hold 20000 or 30000 drones. not to mention the fact that they had a stargate so they could have had some drone factory on some isolated world on the edge of the galaxy that the wraith didint know about, that was pumping out thousands of drones a minute and sending them to atlantis.

and again i point out that they could have either interfaced more more zpms into the citys power grid thus providing more shield time, or had a room filled with dozens of zpms ready to be plugged in once a zpm was about to be depleted. after all, just because the zpms arent plentiful nowadays, dosent mean they werent back then. i mean for all we know, they could have had a factory pumping out dozens of zpms a week.

oh and another little twist, atlantis could have submerged itself under the water and kept fireing its drones as we know they work under water. and since the wraith wepons fire cant realy deplete the shield any while its underwater, they could have destroyed hundreds of wraith ships. ultimately however it didint matter how many ships the ancients destroyed, the wraith just made more and ultimately won through superior numbers.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              the drones arent like our missils, they can dodge the cruisers and darts, as weve seen in a couple of episodes. and just because there are only 3 drone tanks dosent tell you how many drones atlantis could truely hold. i mean if they wanted to they could have modified atlantis to be able to hold 20000 or 30000 drones. not to mention the fact that they had a stargate so they could have had some drone factory on some isolated world on the edge of the galaxy that the wraith didint know about, that was pumping out thousands of drones a minute and sending them to atlantis.

and again i point out that they could have either interfaced more more zpms into the citys power grid thus providing more shield time, or had a room filled with dozens of zpms ready to be plugged in once a zpm was about to be depleted. after all, just because the zpms arent plentiful nowadays, dosent mean they werent back then. i mean for all we know, they could have had a factory pumping out dozens of zpms a week.

oh and another little twist, atlantis could have submerged itself under the water and kept fireing its drones as we know they work under water. and since the wraith wepons fire cant realy deplete the shield any while its underwater, they could have destroyed hundreds of wraith ships. ultimately however it didint matter how many ships the ancients destroyed, the wraith just made more and ultimately won through superior numbers.
                              If it was so easy for the ancients, why did they leave? They could of held Atlantis and used it as a wall upon which the Wraith would have crushed themselves.

We haven't seen a ZPM factory yet so i don't think it's that easy to make them. If they could why did they disperse them around the galaxy for retrieval. they could of just made more. Also why only use three ZPM ports, why not make a dozen ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                                If it was so easy for the ancients, why did they leave? They could of held Atlantis and used it as a wall upon which the Wraith would have crushed themselves.

We haven't seen a ZPM factory yet so i don't think it's that easy to make them. If they could why did they disperse them around the galaxy for retrieval. they could of just made more. Also why only use three ZPM ports, why not make a dozen ports?

they left because eventually, resources runout. they did fight for like a hundred or more years and over all that time, they could have either began running low on resources and they also kinda lost the will to fight. after all, the hologram said that no matter how many ships they destroyed, more came. im not saying that atlantis was completely invincible just that it could be if they had the proper resources and will to continue. for all we know, they could have went through dozens of zpms while fighting the wraith with atlantis but since the wraith were cloning soilders and growing hive ships, the ancients saw no way to win.

i mean if you had been destroying hive ships left and right for like a hundred years, and there was virtually no difference from the number of wraith ships there were to begin with and how many there were now, would you want to keep on fighting?

and as for the zpm factory, i dont think that it would be a factory in our sense of the word but more like a big facility filled with a couple hundred scientists that hand make each zpm. and if each scientist make like 1 zpm a month or two, there would be plenty to go around. but my guess is that after like a hundred years of making them nonstop, possibly the crystal they make them out of could have been seriously depleted and hard to find so each zpm they made became more and more precious.

as for why they dispersed them throughout the galaxy, i really think this was i stupid thing to do. i mean even if they were very precious, because of my reason stated above, i just dont buy that they would actually stash them around the galaxy. but for the sake of getting zpms, we have to have had them do this.

and as for why they only had 3 zpm ports, well remember the episode before i sleep? janus said that if you only had 1 zpm in use at a time, it would extend the power over a longer period of time whereas haveing all 3 in use at once would deplete them slightly faster so having 12 zpms plugged in at the same time appearently uses up the power faster so they just plugged in 3 at a time, or at least thats what i think he said, however i could be wrong. or perhaps they thought it was easier to just have 3 plugged in at a time and just change them out when they are about to be depleted. after all, 12 zpms generate a lot of power and perhaps the citys power conduits just cant handle that much raw power at once and 3 zpms power is like the maximum amount of power they can handle at once.
                                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                                X